Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Stupid people do stupid things - and unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid people. I'm not saying that this is what she definitely did - just that it's a possibility.
Lets see having 3 sex sessions with him within that first meeting equals her being conniving to find an ATM daddy for the offspring that could be from 101 men she had sex with before him.

Hope that all is well with you and yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
When talking about pregnancy - you count weeks by the first day of your last period. So basically - when she was supposed to get her period, she already would have been considered around 4 weeks pregnant if she has a normal cycle. They don't start from the day of conception because that is often hard to pinpoint - so they use the first day of the last period as the starting point. They don't usually do ultrasounds until you are 7-8 weeks pregnant because that is when the heartbeat can be detected. However, they will do blood tests as soon as you suspect you are pregnant. They probably can do an ultrasound at any point - even before a heartbeat is present.
Thank you...the voice of reason!

Pregnancy is counted from the first day of the last period. You can be 3 weeks pregnant but that would mean you are only approximately 1 week after ovulation.

You had sex on 1/10 and her period was due on 1/22. If she ovulated on 1/10 then her last period would have been somewhere around 12/27 or so. That would make her about 5 weeks along right now (IF she conceived when you had sex with her).

With one of my pregnancies we saw a sac at 5 weeks. 6 days later we saw a heartbeat. She may have seen a sac in the ultrasound at 5 weeks. Why not just ask her for the ultrasound pictures? They are always dated and have the name of the patient on them (at least all of mine did as well as those from my friends/family).

Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Leon View Post

...maybe she was already pregnant, and looking for someone to put it on.
^^^^^^^^^^^
this

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,899 times
Don Leon,

if she is pregnant, theres definitly no doctors letter that can say that the baby is yours, especially when the baby is in utero. the dna test will have to be performed after the baby is born. so dont believe her if she tells u that she is going to give you a drs note saying that u are the father.

i have to agree with the other posters on this.. if she is pregnant, get some legal advice. u donthave to tell her, but speak to a qualified professional in family law. im sure they will be able to assist u in any legalities that come with this situation.

also, when i was pregnant with my twins, i didnt get a positive pregnancy test till the day i was supposed to be getting my period. this is how it happened: i had my period. then a week or so later during ovulation is when i mustve concieved. then around the 4 week which wouldve been a month, i wouldve been expecting my period..instead i took a pregnancy test on the day i was supposed to get my period and the test showed that i was in fact pregnant.

i did however test a few days before because i was having stronger pms symptoms that made me think i couldve been pregnant but when i took the pregnancy test it said i wasnt. technically i was though. the pregnancy test just tests for the HCG hormone .. that hormone i believe is only produced when a woman is pregnant.. in the very early stages of pregnancy, the HCG hormone level starts off low then it goes up in numbers as the pregnancy progresses.

either she had a very sensitive pregnancy test that was able to test for lower hcg levels than the standard ones that can determine pregnancy when the hcg levels reach a certain minimum to test positive or shes just trying to get your attention anyway she can.

However, a blood test is more accurate in determining whether or not a woman is pregnant because if she got quantitive pregnancy blood test, it will show ANY amount of hcg, not just a certain minimum required by at home pregnancy tests. which is why the 3rd week the pregnancy test i took said i wasnt but the 4th week the test said i was.

if shes seeing something of a baby in the ultrasound than she may be further along than what shes telling u .. and than it def wont be yours. i advise you too look up baby sites like baby center or other pregnancy sites that can show u what an embryo looks like what a fetus looks like..and it gives you a week by week progression and explanation with drawings too.. because i honestly think at 3 weeks, the only thing going on in the womb is cells dividing.

so if shes telling you that at 3 or 4 weeks she sees the babys hands or legs moving around than u will know shes either totally lying to you or shes definitly alot further along in her pregnancy if in fact she is pregnant..

Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
I do know people, both male and female, who have ended up with a child from a one night stand so it can happen. I hope for your sake, OP, that this is either a lie she's made up or that it's not your child.

Aside from wearing a condom (which the OP did) and abstinence, I don't know what else a guy can do to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Lets see having 3 sex sessions with him within that first meeting equals her being conniving to find an ATM daddy for the offspring that could be from 101 men she had sex with before him.

Hope that all is well with you and yours.
So - because I think it's a possibility that a complete stranger who has sex with a guy and then claims to be pregnant with his child even though they used condoms might possibly be lying - my life is messed up?

Okay.

But since you wanted to know - everything is great with me and mine!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Thank you...the voice of reason!

Pregnancy is counted from the first day of the last period. You can be 3 weeks pregnant but that would mean you are only approximately 1 week after ovulation.

You had sex on 1/10 and her period was due on 1/22. If she ovulated on 1/10 then her last period would have been somewhere around 12/27 or so. That would make her about 5 weeks along right now (IF she conceived when you had sex with her).

With one of my pregnancies we saw a sac at 5 weeks. 6 days later we saw a heartbeat. She may have seen a sac in the ultrasound at 5 weeks. Why not just ask her for the ultrasound pictures? They are always dated and have the name of the patient on them (at least all of mine did as well as those from my friends/family).
Yeah, mine have the date, the size, and all sots of stuff on them. And I just looked at the date of my first ultrasound and it was when I was 7 weeks along.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,899 times
oh and i forgot.. when a woman find out that she is pregnant , they will ask her at the doctors office when the first day of her last menstrual period was.. and lets say the womans period was a month ago, they write that date down and thats how they can guess-timate how far along she is..

..but most doctors perform an early ultrasound to have a more accurate age for the baby. and they measure it and everything and that ultrasound can be alot more accurate than just giving the baby an approximate age from the first date of the woman last menstrual.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
So - because I think it's a possibility that a complete stranger who has sex with a guy and then claims to be pregnant with his child even though they used condoms might possibly be lying - my life is messed up?
No your life seems fine.

I'm just saying there's a good chance that she's lying and also a conniver.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I do know people, both male and female, who have ended up with a child from a one night stand so it can happen. I hope for your sake, OP, that this is either a lie she's made up or that it's not your child.

Aside from wearing a condom (which the OP did) and abstinence, I don't know what else a guy can do to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Vasectomy??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships