Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM

36 posts, read 66,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She's only had a home test done, so the next step is to have a doc office test confirm or deny. Has she said anything about how she plans to handle the pregnancy?
Here's an update:

She allegedly went to the Dr today and had an ultrasound and a blood test which confirmed that she is pregnant. This is fishy to me because it has only been 3 weeks and I'm fairly sure that ultrasounds (even vaginal ultrasounds) will not produce any positive results until like week 4, 5 or 6. Can anyone comment on that?

I have asked her about her plans and she says that she want to have a child. I'm not sure how to go about encouraging her to have an abortion if in fact she is pregnant. Part of me thinks it's not my body so I have no part in the decision. But another side of me says I should push her to have one given the circumstance.

Any thoughts on any of this? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Leon View Post
Here's an update:

She allegedly went to the Dr today and had an ultrasound and a blood test which confirmed that she is pregnant. This is fishy to me because it has only been 3 weeks and I'm fairly sure that ultrasounds (even vaginal ultrasounds) will not produce any positive results until like week 4, 5 or 6. Can anyone comment on that?

I have asked her about her plans and she says that she want to have a child. I'm not sure how to go about encouraging her to have an abortion if in fact she is pregnant. Part of me thinks it's not my body so I have no part in the decision. But another side of me says I should push her to have one given the circumstance.

I had a scan at 5weeks 6days and nothing showed I went back at 7 weeks and saw a tiny tiny little black circle with a white little dot which was the heart beat but that's all i could see was the little fluttering white dot. 3 weeks nothing would show except maybe thickening of the lining.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
I'm not an expert, but at this early stage, there's nothing to detect via ultrasound. I don't think any doctor or hospital would spend the money on an ultrasound before they even knew if there was a pregnancy involved. I think she's lying on that count.

In a way, suggesting she have an abortion would be an acknowledgement that the pregnancy was caused by you, rather than by the other dozens of guys she's been pulling this scam with. Since you know (as far as anything she says can be believed) she wants to have the child, tell her she's going to have to prove the child (if there is a child) is yours before you'll have anything more to do with her. You could cite the lie about the ultrasound as good reason to not believe her about anything, including her claim that there is a pregnancy.

I think you should maintain the stance that you believe it all to be a scam, and that there are any number of guys who could've been that kid's father (if there is a kid). As far as you're concerned, the episode is over, pending further official notice and DNA reports from her, you can tell her. Then quietly consult with a lawyer, in case you end up having to require a DNA test. But in your dealings with her, be clear that the onus is on her to prove the child is yours.

If you get out of this situation free and clear, I hope to high heaven you've learned a number of lessons!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,667,194 times
Quote:
I joined an online dating service out of curiosity a month ago. First time ever. Not long after I joined I was contacted by a woman suggesting we get together for a night of casual sex. I was a little apprehensive because she seemed way too comfortable with the idea of meeting a complete stranger for such a night. But I decided to go for it in the end. She came over, we spent the night together, and had sex three times, with a condom every time. After that I felt unhappy with the decision and regretted it. I decided I didn't want to do something like that again because it made me feel cheap and slutty. So when she started to text me asking when we could do it again, I told her I didn't think it was a good idea and that it would be best for us to go our separate ways. I didn't feel that I owed her anything because she contacted me in the first place and I was very clear from the start that I didn't want a relationship of any kind. But she kept texting me like every day, multiple times a day, trying to pressure me into meeting her again. I held my ground and said I didn't want to, and I was very polite about it. The texts just kept coming and eventually I got a little more stern in my response, making it very clear I don't want anything else from her. Period.

Then, no texts for a week. I thought it had all blown over. Then I got a text from her three days ago saying that she missed her period, and asking if I wore a condom. I said yes, I was very careful and that if she's worried to buy a preg test. She allegedly then took two tests and texted to say they were both positive. Ahhh!!! I said it was probably someone else's since I was so careful and I assume she's been with other people since she was so quick to come to my (a stranger's) house for sex. But she says she was not with anyone else in the month--only me. I don't think I believe that. I don't trust her at all.

My mind keeps reeling through possibilities, like maybe she was already pregnant, and looking for someone to put it on. Or maybe she's lying about being pregnant to get back at me for not wanting to continue our discrete relationship. The last thing I want is a kid with this woman because she strikes me as a little crazy and unstable. Do you think she could be lying to me? Messing with my head? Would a woman do that? I guess if she says she's pregnant and it's mine I could ask for a Dr. letter proving it and stating the predicted date of conception. She doesn't want an abortion, so if she carried it though I'd have to wait and get a paternity test.

What do you think? Would a woman be capable of lying about something like this to manipulate or torment me? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Please provide feedback, I'm a little panicked here.

Thanks so much in advance.
I'm going to assume you are young NEWSFLASH!!... People LIE to get what they want.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Here's an update:

When talking about pregnancy - you count weeks by the first day of your last period. So basically - when she was supposed to get her period, she already would have been considered around 4 weeks pregnant if she has a normal cycle. They don't start from the day of conception because that is often hard to pinpoint - so they use the first day of the last period as the starting point. They don't usually do ultrasounds until you are 7-8 weeks pregnant because that is when the heartbeat can be detected. However, they will do blood tests as soon as you suspect you are pregnant. They probably can do an ultrasound at any point - even before a heartbeat is present.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:48 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,145 times
Yes she could lie to get back at you or pin a pregnancy on you. No don't trust her since you don't know her, and when and if a baby comes, get a pregnancy test.

Oh and LOL!! The getting a doctor's letter to state that the baby is yours is hilarious. There's no doctor's note to do this, only lab results from blood or other form of DNA.

Good luck, and I hope you never do this type of ish again if you are off the hook

Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,946 times
Just go to the first doctor appt with her and find out if she is really preg before you do anything. If she is not-great. If she is take a paternity test as soon as possible.
Don't have sex with some skanky Betty who you don't know just because she will come to your house and ---- you. At least meet them IRL first.
Good Luck

Old 01-31-2013, 06:51 PM

She probably got pregnant from someone else, panicked, and went out and had sex with the first guy that would agree to it so that she could pin it on someone.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,826,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
She probably got pregnant from someone else, panicked, and went out and had sex with the first guy that would agree to it so that she could pin it on someone.

With DNA nowadays that is awfully stupid even though I am sure that it happens all to often.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
With DNA nowadays that is awfully stupid even though I am sure that it happens all to often.
Stupid people do stupid things - and unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid people. I'm not saying that this is what she definitely did - just that it's a possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships