Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 01:03 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
I think that because the average girl can sleep with a really attractive guy from a bar, she thinks her value is a 9, when she is really a 6.

I know plenty of attractive guys who lower their standards when having a one night stand. One of my friends, 6"5, 220 lbs muscle, blue eyes attractive, has slept with a borderline obese girl because that night, he was really ***ny and there wasn't anything else.

Thus, her standards are "inflated". Thus for marriage, she feels that she deserves the 9 still.

And thus, I can see that many women and men would disagree on the ranking scales.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:06 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Would that apply to an overweight Frier Tuck, sweating away and out of breath on top of you.
Well, sweating away and being out of breath is part of "what they do". If what they do doesn't cut the mustard (selfish lover, for example), then no. But it would definitely apply to overweight guys who are thoughtful and enthusiastic about pleasing their partner.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:33 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, sweating away and being out of breath is part of "what they do". If what they do doesn't cut the mustard (selfish lover, for example), then no. But it would definitely apply to overweight guys who are thoughtful and enthusiastic about pleasing their partner.
I only bring that up because of statements(In more than one post) referencing middle aged fat bald men around here are typically in the negative. Since I am a middle age man who carries some extra weight and I don't have 100% of my hair I could be viewed as undesirable and I would not have the oppurtunity to show my ability to please my partner

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-24-2014 at 02:01 PM..

Old 01-24-2014, 01:41 PM

457 posts, read 605,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Pretty sure I briefly dated a guy like that, or close to it (around 6'0 and VERY skinny, no meat at all). 125 is close to what I weigh at 5'7.5 and I'm considered very thin for a woman. I wouldn't think a guy like that has any muscle, or fat either. Doesn't seem healthy, but wouldn't be an automatic turn-off.
I have some muscle, problem is the overall mass of my arms and hands just aren't there. I can't imagine ever being overweight, we'll see if that happens in the future. Irony of the situation is I was a fat (very chubby) baby.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
I only bring that up because of statements(In more than one post) referencing middle aged fat bald men around here are typically in the negative. Since I am a middle age man who has carries some extra weight and don't have 100% of my hair I could be viewed as undesirable and I would not have the oppurtunity to show my ability to please my partner
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't even know what the average male body is to be attracted or not attracted to it. What I *do* know is that I am attracted to the man I am seeing now and he's a middle aged man, with a bit of a pot belly, and doesn't have 100% of his hair either... I can't get enough of being close to him And I was attracted to him BEFORE we got physical (and I then I found out he's by far the best/most pleasing man I've ever been with).

Old 01-25-2014, 02:09 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't even know what the average male body is to be attracted or not attracted to it. What I *do* know is that I am attracted to the man I am seeing now and he's a middle aged man, with a bit of a pot belly, and doesn't have 100% of his hair either... I can't get enough of being close to him And I was attracted to him BEFORE we got physical (and I then I found out he's by far the best/most pleasing man I've ever been with).
I would say that the current partner a person is involved with can usually do no wrong. If your beau was a former bf he would be viewed much more critically. I bet he is not so fat, bald or physically unattractive to the general population.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I have some muscle, problem is the overall mass of my arms and hands just aren't there. I can't imagine ever being overweight, we'll see if that happens in the future. Irony of the situation is I was a fat (very chubby) baby.
My dad is 6'3" and was very skinny back in the day, 135 pounds or so. He's at least twice that now. Bookish engineer burning the midnight oil for years and eating whenever it occurred to him ... It seems pretty typical among older nerds, anyway.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:41 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
I would say that the current partner a person is involved with can usually do no wrong. If your beau was a former bf he would be viewed much more critically. I bet he is not so fat, bald or physically unattractive to the general population.
Well, my point was he looks pretty much the same as he did before we started dating. So looking like a typical middle aged guy isn't really a negative (if you are a middle aged guy). What I am trying to say is that it's kind of a neutral really. I mean, it doesn't help or hurt the level of attractiveness to the body. So don't be hard on yourself for just aging naturally.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
I hate when women say stuff like this. Like he may be ugly but he's attractive because he has a good heart and he takes car of himself. I never understood this and I never will. For me it doesn't matter if a girl is a serial killer or a saint attraction is physical.
Bully for you, but for many of us attraction is MUCH MORE than just "physical".

Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
I hate when women say stuff like this. Like he may be ugly but he's attractive because he has a good heart and he takes car of himself. I never understood this and I never will. For me it doesn't matter if a girl is a serial killer or a saint attraction is physical.
Dude, this is how narcissists and sociopaths talk. Don't you have a heart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships