Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 AM

810 posts, read 1,807,707 times

Advertisements

I've had a couple female friends of mine seemingly take pride when they tell me that "they never stay single for long," and in the case of one woman has never gone more than a month of being single since High School. By this, I don't mean that they stay with the same guy for years and years, but rather that they bounce from relationship to relationship with little time in between. I can't understand why this is something that some women take pride in. Are they trying to present themselves as so attractive that they can get a man whenever they want? Because to me, it's a HUGE turnoff. From my perspective, a woman like that is someone who always NEEDS to have a guy, and is emits a huge aura of insecurity. I want a woman who would be just as fine without me as she would be with me, because a secure woman who is confident is extremely hot.

Besides, not surprisingly, these ladies always seem to have the most drama-filled breakups. Either they complain nonstop about the latest ex, or they will engage in extreme passive aggressive mode via facebook statuses. Not cool.

Anybody else highly turned off by women (or men) who don't stay single for long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
typical character disordered statement that reveals no details as to why they never stay single for long, all generalized, all superficial

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Some people are terrified to be alone. I think it is really that simple.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
I don't like it either, as it sends the message of co-dependency. Unfortunately, most of the woman I know bounce from relationship to relationship, rarely staying single but for brief moments. Seems the norm. Can't say I know many that brag about it or wear it as a badge of honor as you speak of. Either way, it's a bad sign. But they get hit on so much, and essentially have a line of suitors waiting for their lastest relationship to end that it makes it easy for them to fall into this trap even if it's not something they seek to do.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Some people are terrified to be alone. I think it is really that simple.
This. Two examples:

1) My late business partner's wife. He died after a sudden two-week illness, leaving her absolutely devastated. He had not been buried more than three weeks before a mutual acquaintance of ours invited her to lunch. She asked me what I thought, to which I replied, "Oh, Julia. What could it hurt?" Boy, that's the worst advice I've ever given.

She goes to lunch with him. Then dinner. Then were serious inside of three or four weeks, which totally confused her four-year-old daughter. I mean, she just practically threw herself into the relationship. When he moved, she moved with him. Finally two years later, she had 'the talk' with him, asking where the relationship was going. His answer? "Nowhere. I don't want to raise your daughter."

So what happens next? She moves back to town, six-year-old in tow. Two months later, she visits her grandparents in Minnesota and meets this nice single guy next door who ran all kinds of errands for them, such as picking up groceries, mowing the lawn, etc. So they spend that entire week talking to each other and -- voila -- she's moving to Minnesota to marry the guy.

The marriage lasts six months. So now, she's stuck in Duluth, Minnesota, the ass-end of the planet. "I just have never been without a boyfriend or a husband" was her explanation for all this.

2) My wife's best friend's daughter. Her mother has hammered into her the idea that she has no value without a boyfriend. So this incredibly beautiful and smart girl put up with all kinds of abuse and bad behavior in order to stay in a relationship. Just so sad.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
A lot women wrap their entire self-worth and perception of themselves up in their ability to obtain a man or a relationship.

It's a sad sad state of affairs.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
who cares, they probably have incredibly low self esteem

Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
HUGE turn off.
I know some women like this. They are VERY proud of it. They feel they have value cause men want to be with them.
One time, a woman I was dating bragged to me about how diserable she was. It literally made me sick to my stomach, and it permanantly changed the way I looked at her. And it wasn't in a positive way.
On top of it, it was more of a this is how desirable I am, so give me attention or else...
If any woman ever brags about relationship (bed) hopping, I will break up within 24-48 hours with her. period.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I find people who don't mind being single much more attractive.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 AM

977 posts, read 1,814,748 times
It means they have no standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships