Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

If they are staring, just ignore. Women do that every day of their lives.

I think you may be more upset by the fact they they think you are gay. That's the problem you probably should work on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Ain't any laws against looking. My favorite ex was a rather scary-looking biker - he would occasionally draw attention from gay men who are into the "bear" type. He just took it as further confirmation that he was a particularly outstanding specimen of manhood.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This was my first thought

Regardless, I do get hit on by lesbians quite often when I'm up in the bay area, and did have a lovely woman ask me out when I was in NYC last time. I just laugh and tell them I'm not into the ladies and I've never had a negative response thus far. In fact, I usually invite them out with us or vice versa. Sometimes I wish I were a lesbian...life would be easier.
On the same token, if I was gay, I'd be in paradise.

(A lot of men have been making passes lately )

Old 05-15-2013, 05:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Stop giving off gay vibes?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:30 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Haha this is really funny when you think of the reaction a woman gets if she DARES complain about cold approaches around here.

Doesn't really feel that good to be hit on by every random with eyes, a hard on and a fancy pick up line, does it?

You're comparing a man hitting on a women, to a gay dude hitting on a straight guy? Really?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You're comparing a man hitting on a women, to a gay dude hitting on a straight guy? Really?
And what, pray tell, is the difference?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
Just ignore them. Tell yourself that they are just wishing they looked as good as you do! They can probably tell that it makes you uncomfortable. I call this "bullying". And, as far as the way you dress, dressing differently does not discourage men from sexual harassing females so dress in what you want to wear. You don't need to change yourself. Hold your head up and turn away from their stares. Show confidence since people like this tend to pick on anyone that becomes self-conscious. So, it's not you, it is THEM! I can't stand people that harass others this way! Always remember that "you reap what you sow" and their turn will come.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM

516 posts, read 1,617,136 times
Stop breaking out in dance every time you hear Ricky Martin's "Living la vida loca."

Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 PM

You may also want to consider that the straight men I know who are at ease with being hit on by gay men are also the same men that I know who tend to have women throwing themselves at them. Confidence and not allowing other people to define you can go a long way to causing other people to find you attractive. My scary biker ex, my middle-aged British friend and my younger hipster buddy who is a bit androgynous are all very at ease with who they are and they get hit on by men pretty frequently. They are also inundated by women to an embarrassing degree.

Please keep in mind also that gay men are MEN. Men are constantly looking. It's just what y'all do.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Species 8472 View Post
Stop breaking out in dance every time you hear Ricky Martin's "Living la vida loca."
This is good advice. Also, never mention Diana Ross more than once in the same sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships