Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

Particularly when as in the original post, the purported "hitting on" is someone looking at you. You can't do a damned thing about someone looking at you (and I wouldn't assume that someone looking at you means that they're interested, either...that seems rather presumptuous). Yet there are posts that indicate that beating somebody down for looking at you is a perfectly reasonable response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Particularly when as in the original post, the purported "hitting on" is someone looking at you. You can't do a damned thing about someone looking at you (and I wouldn't assume that someone looking at you means that they're interested, either...that seems rather presumptuous). Yet there are posts that indicate that beating somebody down for looking at you is a perfectly reasonable response.
I thought about that as well, and I thought to myself "maybe they are looking at him because he is funny looking"

Old 05-18-2013, 04:38 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I thought about that as well, and I thought to myself "maybe they are looking at him because he is funny looking"
Perhaps he has a huge mole they were staring at. Austin powers anyone?

Old 05-18-2013, 04:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Perhaps he has a huge mole they were staring at. Austin powers anyone?
He proably looks like this:

Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
Think about it this way.

I take it as a compliment, politely tell them I'm not interested and leave it at that. No need to get twisted over it. Guys find you attractive, no big deal.

9 times out of 10, he'll leave me alone after I tell him that I strictly prefer to be with women. Never really had to get violent with a gay guy except to set the drunk ones straight who get obsessive and persistent. Those are the queers who believe my crotch needs to be acquainted with their grabbing hands. That's a big time no-no. I don't even like chicks grabbing at my package unless I get to squeeze a boob or a butt cheek in return. Eye for an eye principle.

Getting hit on by a gay guy has nothing to do with your own image as a man. Homosexuals are attracted to a wide variety of body types and personalities just like straight people. It also has nothing to do with coming across as feminine as a straight guy if you get hit on by gay guys. Masculinity and femininity should really have nothing to do with sexual orientation but it does. That's the fault of our society and the sexual socialization of our species in the process.

Don't be a homophobe and get ignorant with these men. They find you attractive for a reason and at least they have the balls to say so or do so. Definitely more entertaining than the ladies with attitude who stand, watch, admire themselves and do nothing but get their egos fed by the guys who approach them.

Sometimes I wish women were a little bit more brazen when approaching guys instead of counting and waiting on how many guys they can stamp with the "creep" label who hit on them. That's one good thing about gay guys. I'm less likely to be called a creep even though I have no sexual interest in them.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:50 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Omg,I'm a woman and I sometimes get hit on by gay guys in Nyc.
Wth...

Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
This is one of those cultural issues.

In Nyc,you don't EVER look at anyone for anything.
I notice people from other parts of the country are saying take it as a compliment or they probably aren't thinking about you,they just happened to look in your direction.
Butits pretty rude to look at anyone in Nyc.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
Buy a car.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:21 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Buy a car.
this guy wants to work for the MTA which manages the trains and buses for NYC.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Maybe you dress to well. Most men in New York don't dress very well, especially among hispanics. Gays are attracted to well dressed men.

Also I guess the gay percentage in New York is higher, so that's something New Yorkers have to expect.

I know how you feel (sadly) because I'm in the same boat. I dress well, I make efforts to smell good at all times, I keep my teeth cleaned, ect, ect, because not only do I like to take care of myself, but I like to look good for the LADIES.

Unfortunately, gay men are highly attracted to men who are well groomed, and the difference between gay men and women is that gay men will approach a man where as a woman who is interested will only make eye contact or maybe a small comment. Women are just not as aggressive as men are unless the man is famous.

Anyhow OP, you really have no choice but to ignore them, and in some rare cases, you're going to have to pull the guy to the side and tell them to leave you alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships