Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,683,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Isn't it obvious? Try the nursing home....geez.

Just kidding. I have thought about doing this,but I want to find my equal in income vs a rich 60 year old. I'm 31,and it seems the 60 year olds don't look my way. They seem to want the 40 year old women.
Now if I could figure out how to stop 18 year old men from trying to get with me...
I suspect 40 is the.cut.off to be able to have a public relationship without ridicule. That's a guess though.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,122,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
and for the coward that anonymously pm'ed "kkk keeps it real, doesnt take much huh?"

1) grow a pair and own your actions, don't cower in the shadows

2) stop taking life/internet too seriously

3) thanks for the rep points!!...
Report him and get him banned!

Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,202,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
If a gal in her early 20s asked.me.for relationship advice, I would advise.her.to get.with the most fincially.promising.man she can.If.I.could turn back the.clock I would do it myself, but my mom didn't.give me the straight dope as.was.typical.for women of her generation. Instead I did as.she.suggested, got a career which is actually a.very good.one, and married a man who didn't have.his act.together. Mid career I make good money but I am.bored.to tears... maybe I can pull it.off now, but would have.to.for much older. I am looking for advice on how.to get my game.up. as I said I don't.need.super.wealthy, really just well off enough to be.very.comfortable, nice vacations, nice.house/condo etc. Frankly I.don't think it is.gold.digging at.all, its actually an exchange.of assets.

So I did not read far enough. Sorry. So would you say you want to merge financial resources? Would you say that you are looking for companionship, affection and social acceptance? I don't remember how old you said you are, but it sounds like in the early 30s time frame. Across much of history, what I describe is what marriage has been. This love thing is a new idea born of the massive wealth of the west. There is no reason at all this kind of arrangement cannot be achieved. It sounds more up your alley than the prostitution style stuff a couple of other people alluded to.

If this is the deal, I would think you want to play classy. If you want a marriage, then you are more than bimbo material.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Not true.
Aren't you the one ALWAYS blasting overweight women?

Now that I think about it....why would a rich man want a 40 year old women when he can get a 20 year old?
That's not clothing. Yes I do judge overweight people (not just women) because the vast.majority of the.time they have.no discipline. People who don't care about the way they dress.are OK to me, but people who don't care about their.bodies aren't of any interest whatsoever. I am slightly repulsed when people get.too big.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I suspect 40 is the.cut.off to be able to have a public relationship without ridicule. That's a guess though.

Who are you worried about being ridiculed? And who do you fear will do the ridiculing?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You want this back on topic. So I will ask again. What do you want from this supposed "relationship"? What is it you feel you have not gotten that you are going to get from gold digging. It cannot be money as you have said yourself that you are well heeled.
I am not well heeled. This is NYC where you need.to be.bringing down $500k to be well heeled. My thought process is that so Kong as there is a group of men aggressively pursuing me, why not leverage my assets and be outright hypergamous?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I am not well heeled. This is NYC where you need.to be.bringing down $500k to be well heeled. My thought process is that so Kong as there is a group of men aggressively pursuing me, why not leverage my assets and be outright hypergamous?
Neato. I learned a new word. I guess it is as good a thing as any to do. I would kind of wonder why go for money rather than love. But that is me. I get it. But I would fear cold, empty regret.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,929,527 times
Take up golf and join a Country Club. Almost all men. Most of them would love to find a woman who would enjoy golf with them rather than complaining about how much time they spend on the golf course.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Who are you worried about being ridiculed? And who do you fear will do the ridiculing?
No I am guessing the man will be ridiculed. Read the thread, everyone laughs and.judges a 60 year old with a 20 year old.men do the.pursuing, so I am guessing why an older.man wouldn't.just buy a 20 something.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:51 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,122,662 times
Quote:
Makes sense. From a 60 year olds perspective you are probably as beautiful and forever young as Angelie Jolie or fill in the blank with another beautiful woman.

The main people bashing those with money or even those who are just well off are poor blokes or even women and those who are stuck with them. "Money doesn't buy you happiness" almost always comes from the lips of people who have none. Ive been there broke and without money and I sure as hell am not going back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships