Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
My cold empty regret comes.from marrying a man for love who barely worked. I had.to aggressively.pursue a.career as a result, had to pay the.mortgage, all the bills.
Not for nothing, or to be a pain, but how much "love" was it if it was not reciprocated? And how much reciprocated was it if he did not stand up and meet the challenges?

Quote:
Why not choose a man of.maturity, means and responsibility for a.change.of.pace? Why not find a man who brings something to the table? If I had chosen a man based.on something.other.than chemistry I likely would.not be.divorced. OK that's the last time I will explain myself, because.there is.nothing more to say.

Well ok. Because I agree with you. If you fall in love with someone based on nothing but chemistry, you are going to lose, as you now well know.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Most 60+ year old guys are overweight.

Are you ready to play nurse btw?
You know I'd never get with a fat guy, come on. I meet.for older men all of the.time. they are men with self discipline which is a.must.for me.

What's wrong with "playing nurse"? I might enjoy taking care.of someone I love.for a.change.of pace. Instead.of indulging my self with new.clothes.and dinners.out. I am willing.to give as a.part.of.the deal

Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
  • Your local country club - if you don't have a membership at your local country club,I suggest you get one.
  • Church and other volunteer places - rich men are surprisingly a religious bunch so get your sunday best dress on and get to church.
  • Vacation where the rich men vacation - Monaco,Paris,Bermuda etc,
  • If all else fails,try online dating sites that cater specifically to girls who want to date rich men.I will not give examples here but simply google the phrase "mutually beneficial" and or "sugar daddy dating"
good luck
Religious but maybe more into donating than volunteering. I was thinking high falootin charity events and yacht clubs.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Not for nothing, or to be a pain, but how much "love" was it if it was not reciprocated? And how much reciprocated was it if he did not stand up and meet the challenges?

Well ok. Because I agree with you. If you fall in love with someone based on nothing but chemistry, you are going to lose, as you now well know.
That love was reciprocated and still is, but.love does not conquer.all. that's a myth that I fell for. When I said "never.worked" I was referring to him being.chronically unemployed.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Religious but maybe more into donating than volunteering. I was thinking high falootin charity events and yacht clubs.
That too!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Just a rich knob.
Ok, I confess, I laughed.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I mean they look me.up and down like eye candy. This is probably the last time in my life that dudes are.really going to be checking me out so hard, so perhaps I should find a rich one to marry. A lot of rich famous.guys in their 60s marry women who are my age, probably because that's as young as you can go without facing ridicule. (Speaking of which, Rick Springfield, my teen idol, checked me out 2 years ago.) Mel Gibson is an example.

So how do I meet one with money? Why not give it a.shot? So where.might I find a rich 60 year old? Not even wealthy, I will settle for well off.
1. Throw any integrity you have out the window. Any amount is not good for the project you are talking about.
2. Get dolled up and crash any party in the Hamptons. NOT my hometown Hampton, VA (no money there trust me.) THE Hamptons.
3. BS the old dude to the point he is in love with you and wont make you sign a prenup.
4. Marry him and prepare for about two years of a horrid sex life.
5. Divorce him after two years and lawyer up so you can take everything he had. Remember #3 no prenup.

Voila! The gold diggers essential guide to extortion.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 05-29-2013 at 03:16 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Nobodies bashing anyone with money. They are bashing the concept of actual love in these types of "situations". What's the motive and why? Would you live with regret for not looking for love, etc, etc.. That sort of thing. Sounds like she had love, but with no money which in conclusion is bringing her to this point. But nobody is bashing anybody with money, so I am falling a bit short on your point. Was it to imply that you yourself have money? Duly noted! Good to know, and thank you.
"Nobodies bashing anyone with money" Nice, you speak for everybody?

"so I am falling a bit short on your point." then why do you feel the need to respond to what I said?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:07 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Nobodies bashing anyone with money" Nice, you speak for everybody?

"so I am falling a bit short on your point." then why do you feel the need to respond to what I said?
No, but apparently you do since you're the one who said it.

I don't feel the need to respond to what you said, but seeing how I did, then realized last minute that you had no point, the conclusion was already made..Good day.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
hey op why don't you pick up a dude here?! Looks like we got bunch of "rich" guys here trying to get your attention. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships