Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 12:57 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
It's not my first and only relationship. I had a long-distance relationship a few years back. I decided not to mention it in the OP because it wasn't physical per se. But, it came at the worst possible time in my life, a time where everything around me was crumbling. Eventually, she called me told me she just wanted to remain friends, she got a new boyfriend within 2 weeks, and continued to text/call me all while she was in a new relationship. One day I just boiled up and told her she can go **** herself, and I never spoke to her again.
Alot of my paranoia also comes from relationships I've observed around me for many years, most of which lead to infidelity and betrayal. Plus, my parents stayed together through a horrible marriage, and I don't even communicate with my dad anymore. So there you have it, a brief description of why I'm like this...
Insightful. You should probably work on this before dating anyone and definitely before settling down.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
It's not my first and only relationship. I had a long-distance relationship a few years back. I decided not to mention it in the OP because it wasn't physical per se. But, it came at the worst possible time in my life, a time where everything around me was crumbling. Eventually, she called me told me she just wanted to remain friends, she got a new boyfriend within 2 weeks, and continued to text/call me all while she was in a new relationship. One day I just boiled up and told her she can go **** herself, and I never spoke to her again.
Alot of my paranoia also comes from relationships I've observed around me for many years, most of which lead to infidelity and betrayal. Plus, my parents stayed together through a horrible marriage, and I don't even communicate with my dad anymore. So there you have it, a brief description of why I'm like this...
They have therapy for this sort of thing!

Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Insightful. You should probably work on this before dating anyone and definitely before settling down.
I think we all agree on that.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
They have therapy for this sort of thing!
Oh you're right!!! Omg I remember seeing two before I met my girlfriend and Oh, you know what? It doesn't work.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,547,268 times
Sorry, I haven't read all the responses, so excuse me if someone already mentioned it. Since you both believe you are committed to each other, but want to experience others, why don't you look into a swingers lifestyle which isn't an open relationship. This way you get the experience you both think you need while still staying as a couple. The only thing you and your gf need to think about, is if you're both okay with each other sleeping with someone else. Many can't live with it after it happens.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Theres nothing to work around scars never heal. You just gotta learn to live with it.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Oh you're right!!! Omg I remember seeing two before I met my girlfriend and Oh, you know what? It doesn't work.
Quote:
Theres nothing to work around scars never heal. You just gotta learn to live with it.
You're very young and you have a lot of issues to sort through. And I hate to say it - but honestly, if you believe that you'll never be able to trust someone and that everyone cheats and that you will never heal - then you will probably never be happy. You have to WANT to change in order to change. Nobody can make you change.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:11 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
Quote:
Then your learning to live with insecurity. I wouldn't want to live that way, but hey, if it's easier than fixing the core issue...have at it!

Old 07-29-2013, 01:19 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You're very young and you have a lot of issues to sort through. And I hate to say it - but honestly, if you believe that you'll never be able to trust someone and that everyone cheats and that you will never heal - then you will probably never be happy. You have to WANT to change in order to change. Nobody can make you change.
This. You are too young to give up on being mentally and emotionally healthy.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This. You are too young to give up on being mentally and emotionally healthy.
I've been emotionally unhealthy since 11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships