Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 12:04 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,021,053 times

Advertisements

They say you should just dive in to what you're most afraid of. For example, afraid of heights, jump out of a plane (wear a parachute though if you intend to do it again).
If you're afraid of spiders, get a pet tarantula.
If you're afraid your gf might cheat on you, invite some stud(s) over and let her have her way with them. Some real knee-knockers.
I'd offer to help out, but my dance card is already full.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:08 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Ya know, I'm starting to think the OP may be doing his girl a favor by running off when she goes to grad school. He's helping her dodge a very dodgy bullet. The poor girl has NO idea of this guy's issues. Or maybe she does, but she thought the issues phase was over.

I'm coming to the conclusion she deserves better: a sane, stable, happy guy.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:09 AM

757 posts, read 1,103,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And? How did she react? What did she say? Why are you holding out on us re: how she feels about your paranoia and your desire to escape your happiness and run around with other women?
She said she has thought about it, but she doesn't want to do it because she's happy now. About getting it out of my system, she's aware that I want to do this, but I want her to do it too. She agrees that if we even entertained the thought of settling down now, we would be miserable. Honestly, this wouldn't be so complicated if we weren't each others first but we are...

Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Ya know, I'm starting to think the OP may be doing his girl a favor by running off when she goes to grad school. He's helping her dodge a very dodgy bullet. The poor girl has NO idea of this guy's issues. Or maybe she does, but she thought the issues phase was over.

I'm coming to the conclusion she deserves better: a sane, stable, happy guy.
Thank you, Oh judgmental one

Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 AM

I don't see what being each other's first has to do with it.

I also don't get how she doesn't want to see other people, because she's happy now. But she says (or you claim she says) that if you two settled down now, you'd both be miserable. There's a contradiction there.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, that was quite a 180.
Well, we HAVE to break it off if she's going away; otherwise, it isn't going to work anyway. I already mentioned my bad experience with a long distance relationship and i'm not dealing with that EVER again. All you had to do was think to understand that.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
I don't see what being each other's first has to do with it.

I also don't get how she doesn't want to see other people, because she's happy now. But she says (or you claim she says) that if you two settled down now, you'd both be miserable. There's a contradiction there.
How is there a contradiction???

Listen, do you immediately entertain the idea of settling with someone when you're happy in a relationship? Relax, some people don't like to jump the gun. Just because people are happy in relationships it doesn't mean they want to get married or move in if the opportunity presents itself. Idk how you did it, but we don't do that, I would NEVER do that. I have to be with someone for at least 7 years before even considering moving in.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219;
Only reason I said that was because some people don't think with their brains they think with the Bible.

I do feel like I'm with the right person, but these thoughts still enter my head. I can blame it on social expectation and all that. However, I know from my experiences and from the experiences of the people around me, I'm not the only one who feels this way --in love or not--.

Me and my girlfriend have changed quite alot since we started dating, and I think we love and appreciate each other now more then ever. I highly doubt that we will drift too far apart without resolving any issues.

I can't imagine being in love with anyone else, the thought is frightening to say the least.

I simply regret not playing the field in HS or early in college. I wish someone as amazing as my girlfriend didn't walk into my life so early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219;
She knows everything, we've spoken about it not too long ago. I told her how I felt, I was wondering when is a good time to break up. I guess I got to cross my fingers and hope shes goes out of state for grad school. Maybe it'll be easier on both of us, since we'll have no choice but to break it off for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93;
Well, that was quite a 180.
No, what she meant was that earlier you said the thought of being with anyone else scares you, and you love your girl. Then in this thread, you say you've got to cross your fingers and hope she goes out of state for grad school, [so you'll have an excuse to break up]. That's the 180 degree turn-around.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
How is there a contradiction???
You say she says she doesn't want to break up, because she's happy now. But then you claim she says that if you two don't break up, both of you will be miserable. That's a contradiction.

back atcha.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
You say she says she doesn't want to break up, because she's happy now. But then you claim she says that if you two don't break up, both of you will be miserable. That's a contradiction.

back atcha.
Not break up, settle down. Make plans to move in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships