Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 10:02 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - instead of not seeing her after you break up because she's probably sleeping with other people - you want her to sleep with other people now, while you are still together?

You can try to rationalize and explain what you think all you want - I shared with you my experiences in the same situation. Do with that what you will. But someday, you'll come to understand that there is so much to learn about love and commitment than you are aware of right now. I know that nobody wants to hear that - but it's the truth. In 20 years, I'll probably think how I understand so much more than I did right now.
When I first wrote this thread I had conflicting thoughts as I still do now. Never did I ever mention I wanted a OPEN relationship. I just know what I need to do, and I guess I have to do it sooner or later. But right now, I'm just going to try to understand what it is that I want. People here have been giving me stupid reason after stupid reason for why it is I want to do this, and half of it is completely wrong (Btw you're not one of those people). Everyone had different experiences, I only got a few answers that I can take into consideration. But as of right now, I'm just going to continue my relationship, and dread the day it ends, because it will end. I'm young, she's young, she's my first, i'm hers, it's bound to happen. Either that, or 10 years down the line she'll cheat on me and leave me.

I hate new beginnings, nothing in existence that I dread more than new beginnings.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Honey, there are no guarantees in life. Love is a always a risk because to do it right you make yourself completely vulnerable.
When you mix vulnerability and pain, you get this feeling that just makes you want to forget anything ever happened between you and that person.

I use to be in a long distance relationship years ago, I don't really count it because it wasn't rotatably physical.--Long story short-- she broke up with me, found a new boyfriend, and I didn't sleep for 3 days.

Last edited by Jonathanp219; 07-28-2013 at 10:14 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 10:19 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
When you mix vulnerability and pain, you get this feeling that just makes you want to forget anything ever happened between you and that person.

I use to be in a long distance relationship years ago, I don't really count it because it wasn't rotatably physical.--Long story short-- she broke up with me, found a new boyfriend, and I didn't sleep for 3 days.
LOL, you didn't sleep for 3 days... LOL... I say you got off easy... I lost weight and became a wreck when I was dumped...

That greater pictures is that you've gotten some really good advice here, stuff I wish I would have received when I was young dumb and full of..........

Read and listen to some of the good stuff people have said to you....

Old 07-28-2013, 10:24 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
When I first wrote this thread I had conflicting thoughts as I still do now. Never did I ever mention I wanted a OPEN relationship. I just know what I need to do, and I guess I have to do it sooner or later. But right now, I'm just going to try to understand what it is that I want. People here have been giving me stupid reason after stupid reason for why it is I want to do this, and half of it is completely wrong (Btw you're not one of those people). Everyone had different experiences, I only got a few answers that I can take into consideration. But as of right now, I'm just going to continue my relationship, and dread the day it ends, because it will end. I'm young, she's young, she's my first, i'm hers, it's bound to happen. Either that, or 10 years down the line she'll cheat on me and leave me.

I hate new beginnings, nothing in existence that I dread more than new beginnings.
Why do so many guys on this forum assume there will be cheating, as a given? How can you allow yourself to experience love completely if you always have that in the back of your mind? Self-fulfilling prophecy, anyone?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do so many guys on this forum assume there will be cheating, as a given? How can you allow yourself to experience love completely if you always have that in the back of your mind? Self-fulfilling prophecy, anyone?
Who isn't cheating nowadays?? If you stay with someone for long enough someone will get bored. It just happens, people get tired of seeing the same person everyday for years.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe I have an over inflate sense of ego, but I've NEVER worried about a woman cheating on me....... maybe it was chalked up to being stupid.... I don't know... to be honest.

I just think... a woman gets a taste of all this and she can't go wrong...............

Old 07-28-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe I have an over inflate sense of ego, but I've NEVER worried about a woman cheating on me....... maybe it was chalked up to being stupid.... I don't know... to be honest.

I just think... a woman gets a taste of all this and she can't go wrong...............
has it ever happened to you?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:32 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times
Just my own $0.02 of course, but don't be so quick to believe all the posters who say that you should and your g/f should end things and both find someone new, and that first relationships are doomed to inevitable failure. Remember, the grass is not always greener on the other side...I would also err on the side of caution, and be *100% sure* that you want to end things with your g/f, if/when you do. Please remember that you may potentially end up regretting losing the very special, beautiful thing you have with her now in the present, but at that later juncture it could potentially already be too late, to get back what you and she once had...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 07-28-2013 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Adds

Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
has it ever happened to you?
I don't know if a woman has ever cheated on me.... if she did, she didn't feel the need to tell me.....

Old 07-28-2013, 10:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
I'm suggesting this to her because it's something ALL young couples should do. I blame myself, and my awkward shyness around women in my younger years. And she needs to do it too, she always says she would like to spend her life with me, and move in with me. She's young she doesn't know any better, I'm doing this for her and me!
You seem very controlling. Then I remembered your other long thread, in which you claim not to trust your girlfriend and that you feel the need to control her activities. Now it makes sense.

You want to sleep around so you will make sure she lets you.

I can't seem to trust my girlfriend

And then there is this:

Quote:
I know im being extremely insecure, but the thought of another man in bed with my girlfriend would literally kill me (I would commit suicide if I were ever to find out).
and this:
Quote:
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years and she has never met any of my friends. Why? because why if she likes one of them more than me? I'm not having that in my life. I know girls who've left their current boyfriends because they started crushing on their best friends. It's true that i am consumed by these awful thoughts but there isn't much I can do. I wish that I didn't have to feel like this but the fact is, I think the majority of women a sleazy in their own special way. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships