Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Answer these question for me:

If a different handsome man came to you each day and desired you, do you think eventually, you will cave in?

What about if it was women doing it to your husband, do you think he would cave in?
When I'm in a committed relationship? No, I would not cave in. I don't think my SO would cave in, either.

I do think that when people are in mature love, they don't seriously entertain the thought of getting with others. They may have a fleeting thought of, "wow, that person who just walked by is hot," or "ha, this person is flirting with me, nice to know I've still got it," but they don't consider acting upon it.

I don't doubt that you and your girlfriend have love and affection for one another. But whether that is a mature love, one that will stand the test of time, well, I have my doubts based on all you've said in this thread thus far.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:

It's very difficult for me to cope with some of these answers. Especially because I've felt alone for majority of my life.See I've always had family, and I've always had friends, but rarely was I friends with anyone who saw life from my side of the spectrum. Where I'm from, I'm a very rare type of male. All my friends had sex for the first time before they turned 14, they had girlfriends before 12. But then here am my first REAL relationship at 21, and sex for the first time at 21. I would of had sex in high school but I couldn't because I use to be depressed, I had anxiety, and I was a misogynist because of all the pain females put me through in grade school. So I'm sorry that I take people's answers with an excruciating small grain of salt.

You're right, some people don't let their urges rule them, but Maybe that's because of the opportunities that are presented to them--which are probably none--.

Answer these question for me:

If a different handsome man came to you each day and desired you, do you think eventually, you will cave in?

What about if it was women doing it to your husband, do you think he would cave in?
I've had many men interested in me through all my relationships and I've only been tempted when I wasn't in love with my partner. I used to get hit on all the time when I worked at the gym - by handsome guys, by rich guys, by in shape guys, etc. Didn't matter if I loved my partner.

My husband wouldn't cave in either.

So don't assume that because we don't have urges and aren't tempted that we aren't being presented with opportunities. My husband is everything to me and I would never betray him.

If you take people's answers with an excruciatingly small grain of salt - why ask for them in the first place? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:21 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times
Quote:
Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for almost 3 years now. We're very much in love with one another. She's my best friend, my lover, my everything. However, there's one problem here, and that is we're also eachothers first. She's the first girl I've ever had sex with and I'm the first guy she has ever had sex with. We both talk about moving in with eachother one day. We never talk about marriage, quite frankly, we just don't believe in marriage because there are too many risks involved. We don't only see marriage absent for OUR future, but also, for BOTH our futures (we just don't really believe in it *shrugs*).
Anyway, we both want to settle down with one another some day. However, we're both scared of settling (now). We both want to "get it out our system" before we decide to make that decision. Since we both haven't had other sexual partners we believe it would be a disaster to settle for eachother before playing the field.
We really don't want to break up, we're a team, she supports me, and I support her. We've faced issues in the past, mostly on my part, but I'm completely over that phase.
Does anyone know how I feel?
Can anyone help us?
What do you think we (me and my girl) should do about these feelings?

BTW I'm 23 and she's 20
if you two settle now it might be great but eventually sooner or later you and her will probably ask yourselves : What if? What might have been? Then again you will most likely feel you made the right choice

Old 07-27-2013, 01:22 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've had many men interested in me through all my relationships and I've only been tempted when I wasn't in love with my partner. I used to get hit on all the time when I worked at the gym - by handsome guys, by rich guys, by in shape guys, etc. Didn't matter if I loved my partner.

My husband wouldn't cave in either.

So don't assume that because we don't have urges and aren't tempted that we aren't being presented with opportunities. My husband is everything to me and I would never betray him.

If you take people's answers with an excruciatingly small grain of salt - why ask for them in the first place? Doesn't really make sense to me.
Im sure you've had questions you wanted to ask, just to get people's input on a particular topic. This was more about me wondering what other people would do in my situation.
I do appreciate your answers, some I may have doubts about. But Maybe that's because we come from two different world's.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
if you two settle now it might be great but eventually sooner or later you and her will probably ask yourselves : What if? What might have been? Then again you will most likely feel you made the right choice
Exactly, that's why I'm trying to avoid those conflicting feelings in the future. And honestly, how would someone know they made the right decision years down the line?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for almost 3 years now. We're very much in love with one another. She's my best friend, my lover, my everything. However, there's one problem here, and that is we're also eachothers first. She's the first girl I've ever had sex with and I'm the first guy she has ever had sex with. We both talk about moving in with eachother one day. We never talk about marriage, quite frankly, we just don't believe in marriage because there are too many risks involved. We don't only see marriage absent for OUR future, but also, for BOTH our futures (we just don't really believe in it *shrugs*).
Anyway, we both want to settle down with one another some day. However, we're both scared of settling (now). We both want to "get it out our system" before we decide to make that decision. Since we both haven't had other sexual partners we believe it would be a disaster to settle for eachother before playing the field.
We really don't want to break up, we're a team, she supports me, and I support her. We've faced issues in the past, mostly on my part, but I'm completely over that phase.
Does anyone know how I feel?
Can anyone help us?
What do you think we (me and my girl) should do about these feelings?

BTW I'm 23 and she's 20
If you two get along so great, why rock the boat? What does it matter that you haven't had any other partners? It's irrelevant. If you two are lucky enough to have found a good match right from the start, count your blessings. Let us know how you both feel in 5 years.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:26 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
So here is a question...

How will you know how many partners is enough to satisfy your curiosity?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Exactly, that's why I'm trying to avoid those conflicting feelings in the future. And honestly, how would someone know they made the right decision years down the line?
Part of commitment is that leap of faith.

It is a matter of opportunity cost in either direction.

You can sleep with one person or 100 people and still wonder what else is out there.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So here is a question...

How will you know how many partners is enough to satisfy your curiosity?
I don't know, I've only had one, that's the issue here.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:36 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
I don't know, I've only had one, that's the issue here.
It's a non-issue. You're only making it one in your mind. Change your mind, and you'll be happy. You have a great match. A lot of people don't. You're way ahead of the game. Appreciate that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships