Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times

Advertisements

I'd rather have a dead end man catch me than an old geezer who thinks he's too good to date a woman his age. Nice try though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,020 times
old geezer haha, i'm not there yet but, yeah, one day i hope to be a very virile old geezer.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
This is where I'm kind of torn. I could like anybody I have a lot in common with, and I swear I should've been born ten years earlier, but I'm not at first glance attracted to men in that age range and don't like the reasons they'd be likely to date me for.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,213 times
Bill a more accurate assessment of what the aging male population looks would be a random sample from your local DMV. Not a group of hollywood heartthrobs with unlimited resources. In Hollyweird, regardless if you're male or female, it is part of your job description to look good--money buys looks, and money buys time to work on your looks.

I also think it's kind of funny how the ageist threads on here are often the longest..

Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I will never understand men who say "well if that celeb can date younger so can I" because celebs are completely different and have money and money to spend to look good. Celebs CAN date who they want but the average 50 year old man only thinks he can. Reminds me of the fat men on the dating sites who called themselves in shape or average.
They always forget about the celebrity women that also look great and date younger. Like 55-year-old Sharon Stone and her 27-year-old boyfriend... or 50-year-old Kathy Griffen and her 20-year-old boyfriend... or 50-year-old Demi Moore and her 35-year-old boyfriend. Bringing celebrities into a discussion about average Joe and Jane American dating is a red herring.

Look, younger women and older men date. Some people are attracted that way, I get it. And if you want to date that way, more power to you and have fun. It's just frustrating when statistics point out it's not the norm, women here chime in and say it's not the norm for them (their attraction), and just looking around in public it's not the norm... and then to be told we are all lying or stupid and we don't know what we are attracted to.

My argument isn't that "inter-generational" dating is right or wrong. I couldn't care less. My argument is that it's not what most people do and most women aren't attracted to very older (10+, 15+ 20+ years) men.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
I think most men do want to date women their age though. My aunt's new husband is 44 years old, and my aunt is 43 this year.

They have a lot in common. I just cannot imagine a better match for my aunt.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
They always forget about the celebrity women that also look great and date younger. Like 55-year-old Sharon Stone and her 27-year-old boyfriend... or 50-year-old Kathy Griffen and her 20-year-old boyfriend... or 50-year-old Demi Moore and her 35-year-old boyfriend. Bringing celebrities into a discussion about average Joe and Jane American dating is a red herring.

Look, younger women and older men date. Some people are attracted that way, I get it. And if you want to date that way, more power to you and have fun. It's just frustrating when statistics point out it's not the norm, women here chime in and say it's not the norm for them (their attraction), and just looking around in public it's not the norm... and then to be told we are all lying or stupid because and that we don't know what we are attracted to.
That's what bothers me too, that men tells us we are wrong because according to them all younger women want older men. They then mention celebs but they are different than us because they have money and looks. I used to get so angry when I did online dating and these old men would argue with me and tell me I want to date them, when I clearly said no. They then pull the "you don't know what you want" to which I would reply I did know and it wasn't them.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think most men do want to date women their age though. My aunt's new husband is 44 years old, and my aunt is 43 this year.

They have a lot in common. I just cannot imagine a better match for my aunt than this new husband of hers.
The men who are looking for relationships and are realistic do. These are the men women want anyway.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
I'd be blocking people like that. Why waste your time arguing with them?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 PM

I did block them but then another freak would pop up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships