Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:42 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
The ones who fetishize really young women are the creepy ones.
I often steal another line I saw on this forum some time back. "If you like someone despite their age then where is the problem? If you like someone BECAUSE of their age however you likely have issues".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 04:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
5-10 can't be too damn old

Old 08-12-2014, 05:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I often steal another line I saw on this forum some time back. "If you like someone despite their age then where is the problem? If you like someone BECAUSE of their age however you likely have issues".
I agree. It's one thing to date a person with an age gap because you meet and it clicks. If they seek you out because of the age (this happens a lot online)then there is something wrong.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
This is so true! Great quote!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:52 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
When I was in college there was a political science professor in his mid to upper 40s that was also the faculty advisor to a sorority. He dressed a lot younger than he looked and his hair was styled like a guy 10-15 years younger. He "acted" about 30, even though he was probably 45 or so. A lot of the girls LOVED him! He was always talking with hot female students in their early 20s; he'd flirt with them and they'd flirt right back. I don't think he ever dated that age, but I routinely saw him out and about with graduate students who were in their mid to late 20s.

He turned 50 and things went downhill fast - it was as if his body fell apart and he just didn't look good anymore.

I found that when I hit my late 20s, girls 18-21 started to get harder to attract. At 31 I can still attract 21-25 but they're more rare. It has much to do with what shape I'm in. My weight floats between 180 and 200 depending on how much I'm working out at the moment (currently around 190). When I'm in my prime shape and weighing in at 180 - it seems I get exponentially more attention from all ages 21+

I'm 3 years into a career-type job, just bought a house, and girls in their early 20s really don't relate to me anymore. They're still in school or just out of it, trying to find themselves, living with roommates, eating peanut butter and jelly for dinner. I can try and fake it with my music preferences that skew younger (shared music preference apparently means a LOT to younger women, why I don't know), but after a while they're not that interested in what I'm up to and vice versa.

Quite frankly - when women that are 8-10 years younger and interested in me -- my first thought is "what's wrong with you?"

Last edited by redguard57; 08-12-2014 at 06:04 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 05:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Old is good
Take it from someone that knows
men that cruise and complain of property management issues and chest pains are in demand

Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 PM

551 posts, read 582,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
What about the responses from women who seem to find men in their 20's too immature and actively seek 35+ men-- as they know what they are getting, whether or not they will be financially successful, and the advantage over time that their husband won't start cheating when they hit 40?
LOL wtf.. because naturally all husbands do when they hit 40, huh?

I am 28, and yes I do find men in their mid 20's to be a bit immature on the average. I would prefer someone my age or a few years older. I guess I would wonder what I would have in common as far as life experiences with men 35+.. 34 or so would be my limit. But it's not a hard line thing. If I met someone who was, say, 39 and the bee knees, heII yeah I would.

**And fyi, it's not all about income for women you know. I care far more about financial responsibility and overall stability that having some "sugar daddy" take care of me.**

Old 08-12-2014, 10:59 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
Many men in their 20s are pretty immature...but that doesn't mean I'm going to start dating someone my Dad's age.

I prefer men within a few years of my age....I'm 29 and I think around 35 or so is my limit. Of course, it completely depends on the man, but I've never been attracted to anyone over around 37 or 38 or so.
this is the funny thing about the male posters on this forum. They think in black and white like there's only two types of guys: immature "loser guys" in their twenties or successful desirable males who are forty and up who of course all have their **** together and who are wise and mature. They don't realize there's about a million different guys inbetween. You guys don't get out much do you?

Old 08-12-2014, 11:04 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
What women say they want != what they actually want =! what they'll actually do.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
I used to think i liked older, but the best guy i ever dated was 4 years younger. I mean my current

Of the 4 boyfriends i had in my life, one was 4 years older (when i was 18) the other one 1 year younger, the other was 10 years older!! (last year) and this current one is 4 years younger (hes 28).

By far the most mature one is the 4 years younger
The most child like and the one that had the higher libido and sex drive was the "old" guy (10 years older)
The most inmature was the guy my own age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships