Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 10:19 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
See you're not getting the point here. ALL THESE MEN CHOSE to be with women 20+ to 30+ years younger than they are.

This also shows that most men PREFER younger women. (given the ability to do so) I don't see ANY of these guys choosing to be with 50, 60 or 70 year old women and NEVER older women--
In general successful men, especially celebrities, "PREFER younger women" because they have ego's the size of China.

Real men, down to earth regular guys 50 and older can look at younger women and appreciate the view, but most are not attracted to them otherwise.

And unless the younger woman has serious daddy issues, she is not going to be attracted to a regular (non celeb, non powerful business tycoon) over 50 year old guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 10:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
Quote:
See you're not getting the point here. ALL THESE MEN CHOSE to be with women 20+ to 30+ years younger than they are.

This also shows that most men PREFER younger women. (given the ability to do so) I don't see ANY of these guys choosing to be with 50, 60 or 70 year old women and NEVER older women--
So what does that prove? those are wealthy men who have choices most men don't. Most celebs have had plastic surgery too, does that mean most people have had surgery? These celebs have mansions, do most people live in mansions? This proves nothing except they are celebs and can date who they want. The average 50 year old man isn't getting a 25 year old, sorry to break your bubble.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:

That wasn't your question. The following post was your question.

Quote:
For women from age 23-32, do you prefer men just a few years older (less than 5-6 years older to 1-2 years younger, or men from 35 to 50-55 years old?

And which do you prefer for casual relationships, dating and marriage? And how does money, looks, sex drive, maturity and chemistry come into the picture?

Do you prefer an older provider type? A more mature, handsome man? A younger, siller Ashton Kutcher type? Or do you just play it as it goes?

Do you actively try to go places where older men hangout to meet them? Are you an "old" soul?

Thanks for the responses.
So - I guess that "Thanks for the responses" should have read - "When you respond, I'm going to tell you that you're wrong and that men prefer younger women which is not the question I asked you in the first place."

Old 08-08-2013, 10:23 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,813,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
bing! bing! bing! winner!

i whole heartedly agree. my point has always been "live and let live", doesn't need to be the norm or the minority. just let ppl love like they want to love.

despite how others percieve my posts, i don't ding women for their choices, regardless of their age group or "life stage". all id like to see is the same for everyone, both men and women. don't rag on the partner choices consenting adults make, life is too short.
Exactly! Don't rag people for their partner choices. Whatever makes two people happy is fine by me too.

Just don't tell me how I think (not that you are doing that nokiddin, I am just saying it in general).

Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 PM

11 posts, read 13,187 times
When my dad got remarried, his wife couldve been my sister; age wise. He has a "hip" and young personality though. They are super cute together and seem very happy. The age difference isn't even noticeable when you see them interact. My dad also takes good care of his body which allows him to "keep up". I think 10 to 15 years is fine.

He says theres a formula (jokingly) divide your age in half, then add seven.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:42 PM

470 posts, read 1,163,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Don't date over 30, so there would be no mistaken age issue.
You say your 27 but won't date anyone over 30, but how could you tell anyone is over 30???? lol..Your late 20's/early 30's you basically look the same lol. I'm 31 and most people peg me as around your age.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 PM

39,310 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
So what does that prove? those are wealthy men who have choices most men don't. Most celebs have had plastic surgery too, does that mean most people have had surgery? These celebs have mansions, do most people live in mansions? This proves nothing except they are celebs and can date who they want. The average 50 year old man isn't getting a 25 year old, sorry to break your bubble.
I often wonder if these older celebrities are truly happy hooking up with much younger women.

Mel Gibson's Racist Phone Call To His Ex Girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva - YouTube

Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,964 times
There are a great many celebs, ceos, and athletes who are dating arm candy. This is true. However plenty of older male celebrities have age appropriate girlfriends but that's not sensationalism so it won't end up on the front page of celebrity tabloids. This is such a pointless thread, and to keep comparing the average joe to celebrities is futile. Just accept your mortality Bill.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I often wonder if these older celebrities are truly happy hooking up with much younger women.

Mel Gibson's Racist Phone Call To His Ex Girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva - YouTube
I knew someone who worked in Hollywood and he told me half of all celeb marriages are for publicity anyway. I believe him to be honest.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 PM

470 posts, read 1,163,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurazhouse View Post
When my dad got remarried, his wife couldve been my sister; age wise. He has a "hip" and young personality though. They are super cute together and seem very happy. The age difference isn't even noticeable when you see them interact. My dad also takes good care of his body which allows him to "keep up". I think 10 to 15 years is fine.

He says theres a formula (jokingly) divide your age in half, then add seven.
Yeah the formula lol..suprisingly it works good for a while..for example I'm 31 so youngest would be 23 if you round up which seems about right as far as how young I would go for a serious relationship. After a while it gets weird though , for example according to the formula it is "socially acceptable" for a 60 year old dude to get with 37 year old woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships