Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Some of this sounds like you do get it - and then some of it is just plain insulting and degrading to women. It would be a lot more pleasant to discuss things with you if you could avoid that.
i'm sorry, it wasn't intended to be insulting. i know i can be a bit raw at times, my apologies. I'll try to do better. I don't really get a thrill out of pissing women off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
i'm sorry, it wasn't intended to be insulting. i know i can be a bit raw at times, my apologies. I'll try to do better. I don't really get a thrill out of pissing women off.
Just lay off the old hen stuff and the insinuations that we don't know our own minds. It takes away from your points - some of which make a lot of sense.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Just lay off the old hen stuff and the insinuations that we don't know our own minds. It takes away from your points - some of which make a lot of sense.
definitely not what i intended re not respecting your autonomy.

as far as the old hen, yep perhaps it is a bit charged, but i didn't invent that term either. unfortunately it is, at least for me, an apt analogy since it reflects the ritual of women raising boys to men, and their on-going maternal tendency to want to change men even when they are all grown up (hen pecking). but i'll find something a bit more tasteful i promise, or avoid using it all together.

Last edited by nokiddin; 08-09-2013 at 05:15 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 03:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
This. I do take offense at being called an old hen because I am not. I also know what I want and don't want in a partner.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
While younger women dating/marrying older men may or may not be common in real life, it certainly is in my family. My mother is 13 years younger than my father, my cousin is nine years younger than her husband , and my fiftysomething uncle is dating a woman in her very early thirties. None have ever had good looks or money and my uncle is often very Ill.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:04 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your reasoning, argument or whatever you like to call it is the prime example why do I and a lot of people I know believe political correctness has gone way way too far in modern society.
I do not think throwing out empty terms like "political correctness" helps a thing. What I am saying is no such thing. I simply see no reason to think that someone who finds love in a person of a significantly different age has "issues". And so far the only reasoning I am seeing to support such a contention is essentially "They have issues because I say they have issues".

Which is less than convincing to say the least.

Quote:
Let's not forget about the fact you call the last girl you've dated a "fat white girl". Judgmental much?
Er what? When in my life did I ever say any such thing? Are you now whole sale making things up out of nowhere because your argument is so weak? I have never in my life said anything of the sort about a single person ever. Do you outright lie about people who disagree with you all the time or am I just getting special treatment???

Quote:
I really don't understand is why is it such a crime to tell somebody they have "issues"?!
I have no recollection of suggesting it was a crime. I simply suggested it was baseless and wrong. This series of made up words you are inserting in my mouth is getting weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As always, well said.

And never apologize for simply stating facts
How is claiming someone said things they never said "well said" exactly? This is not "stating facts". It is in fact the _exact_ opposite of it. It is outright lying.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
I am 25

I prefer men between 30-40. I've never been a party animal or really bothered about going out clubbing at the weekends so I prefer a man who's more settled and ready to settle down, that's why I go for older men. Also their life experience's can be very interesting and they tend to have more to say than a 25 year old guy.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
For some reason I find women who date way older, like 10 years plus, kind of annoying. The ones who are like 'guys my age are so immature' are like those stuck-up girls who think they're so mature and responsible.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
For some reason I find women who date way older, like 10 years plus, kind of annoying. The ones who are like 'guys my age are so immature' are like those stuck-up girls who think they're so mature and responsible.
I don't think you find them annoying its more that you are jealous. BTW you are a young guy aren't you? The repeated use of like in a sentence is a dead give away. Elained10 prefers older guys and has well written sentence structure. No use/overuse/misuse of the word like at all.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
when are 10years older, it will make more senses to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships