Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 11:55 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,550,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But now you are delving into a totally different topic. Do these young women PREFER much older men or do they PREFER money?
yeah, yeah. not sure it really matters though. IMHO, both men and women are entitled to their preferences of choice so long as it's consentual.

but you do raising an interesting question, specifically, what percentage of younger women would date an older man of means if they knew they would financial benefit from it? does it depend on the amount of benefit?.... yep, that's another thread, don't want to hijack this one.

you see, from my perspective, there is no harm in having a relationship of convenience, for whatever duration. could be just a few dates, could develop into an LTR. point being not all LTRs have to lead to the alter. some can be just transitional.

but this transitional relationship pushes the limits of reasonable fer sure (note mom's approval):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Stodden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 11:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,209,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
yeah, yeah. not sure it really matters though. IMHO, both men and women are entitled to their preferences of choice so long as it's consentual.

bu you do raising an interesting question, specifically, what percentage of younger women would date an older man of means if they knew they would financial benefit from it? does it depend on the amount of benefit?.... yep, that's another thread, don't want to hijack this one.

you see, from perspective, there is no harm in having a relationship of convenience, for whatever duration. could be just a few dates, could develop into an LTR. point being not all LTRs have to lead to the alter. some can be just transitional.
Well, the original topic of this thread was simply asking women if they were attracted to much older men. However, it seems the OP wants to change this to men want the youngest women they can get and we are all in denial. Lovely.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 PM

thread made me think about this classic for some reason...

Harold and Maude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

check out the love scene at 1:40

Last edited by nokiddin; 08-09-2013 at 01:03 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 01:10 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your reasoning, argument or whatever you like to call it is the prime example why do I and a lot of people I know believe political correctness has gone way way too far in modern society.

"People fall for other people all the time and there are no limits on the age - race - creed - or other attributes to who - where - and how - it can happen" What a seemingly noble statement! You thought you threw "RACE" in the argument, your statement just all of sudden seems so flawless. Let's not forget about the fact you call the last girl you've dated a "fat white girl". Judgmental much? I'll let you slide for that one because we've all said something not very "politically correct". Why bother correcting others?

What I really don't understand is why is it such a crime to tell somebody they have "issues"?! There is a fine line between being judgmental and being helpful and truthful.

I certainly had issue when I lost my late boyfriend to suicide. I was grieving and I need to work through my emotions FIRST before jumping in another relationship. If I use other men to get through the pain, I would be the one with "issues" That doesn't make me a bad person, that just make me a person, well, with "issues".

If you can HONESTLY tell yourself, a 18 year old young girl can genuinely fall in love with a 81 year old grandpa, then I guess you won the argument.

Asking a broken person to offer true love is asking too much from the person.

Yes, if a 18 year old girl falls in love with a 81 year old man, I'd say she has issues and she needs to address those issues. I sure am not going to apologize for what I've said.

As always, well said.

And never apologize for simply stating facts

Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM

78 posts, read 230,282 times
More men dating much younger:

James Woods-- Not particularly handsome or young looking. Age 66, does not look horrible but not particularly great. Dating 20 year old Kristen Bauguess.

Jason Statham- age 45, started dating Rosie Huntington- Whiteley at age 23 and has dated for 3 years. Now getting ready to propose.

Former President of France Sarkozy dated much younger.

Can't deny biology. People are attracted to fertility. Once fertility drops in the late 30's, attraction drops. Men are still pretty fertile for most of their lives. Attraction usually does not drop until age 70.

When he asked me out, Barbi recalls, I was 18 and he was 42. I said I’d never gone out with anyone older than 24. Hugh replied, “Neither have I.”

Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post

James Woods-- Not particularly handsome or young looking. Age 66, does not look horrible but not particularly great. Dating 20 year old Kristen Bauguess.

Jason Statham- age 45, started dating Rosie Huntington- Whiteley at age 23 and has dated for 3 years. Now getting ready to propose.

Can't deny biology. People are attracted to fertility. Once fertility drops in the late 30's, attraction drops. Men are still pretty fertile for most of their lives. Attraction usually does not drop until age 70.

When he asked me out, Barbi recalls, I was 18 and he was 42. I said I’d never gone out with anyone older than 24. Hugh replied, “Neither have I.â€

Once again - this has nothing to do with your question. Your question was were WE, as WOMEN, attracted to men who were much older than us.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,920 times
Posting celebs dating younger has nothing to do with whether women are attracted to older men and making it seem as such shows a lack of understanding average women. First off, many celebs date younger BECAUSE THEY CAN. They have money and possibly looks (though this isn't always the case)so they can date younger. Many of the women who date them do so because it will help their career or because of the money. Some celebs are extremely handsome (possibly due to plastic surgery and money)so many will attract women an average man can't. Also, many celeb relationships are strictly for publicity.

The average older man is delusional thinking he can attract much younger because he probably can't. My loser ex boyfriend is seeking 18-35 (he is 45)and is still on dating sites because very few women his age would be attracted, let alone younger women. He offers nothing, he is ugly, fat and doesn't have a good job.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post

When he asked me out, Barbi recalls, I was 18 and he was 42. I said I’d never gone out with anyone older than 24. Hugh replied, “Neither have I.”
Celebs, political figures, public figures in general are not the norm.

Powerful men have ALWAYS been able to attract young women - this is nothing new at all.

The average guy over 50 is not going to attract 18 year old "Barbi".

Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Bill, quite beating your head over this. you are never going to convince these CDR ladies of your position that most younger women are attracted to older men. never.

Best you can do is point out the following:

1. That while women logically argue they are not attracted to older men, ultimately it is about how they emotionally feel about a guy, which means one-on-one interaction. i've met plenty of women that have said "I never thought I would...."

2. Really, and i think statistics bear this out, that a majority of younger women are not attracted to "much" older men. Give them that, after all it's an abstract logical argument about their preference. whether it happens 100% IRL is another issue. Throw in examples like George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc. and suddenly they are more "open" to the idea... because older men who attract younger women are in fact the exception ---as it should be, and has proven itself out for centuries. That's where the alpha male concept comes into play. no all guys can be one.

3. I once read that 40% of younger women are not open to older man at all, 40% will say depends on the guy (and many other factors), and 20% don't have any problems with it. My personal experience and those of a few of my friends bear this out. Remember the Friends espisode where Monica Geller falls for Richard, her dad's friend... that's your 40% "depends on the guy" scenario.

Leave it at that. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh, forgot one important item. You have to understand that women, as a whole, have a significant vested interest in maintain the social norm that men should only date (and therefore only socially acceptable) within their age group. Otherwise, the future of romantic relationships for old hens looks bleak, i.e., mostly loveless beta males. Think about the days where kings and other men had several concubines, you can imagine that the older hens weren't really thrilled about the new young chick coming on board. Girl Code.

Last edited by nokiddin; 08-09-2013 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
Bill, quite beating your head over this. you are never going to convince these CDR ladies of your position that most younger women are attracted to older men. never.

Best you can do is point out the following:

1. That while women logically argue they are not attracted to older men, ultimately it is about how they emotionally feel about a guy, which means one-on-one interaction. i've met plenty of women that have said "I never thought I would...."

2. Really, and i think statistics bear this out, that a majority of younger women are not attracted to "much" older men. Give them that, after all it's an abstract logical argument about their preference. whether it happens 100% IRL is another issue. Throw in examples like George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc. and suddenly they are more "open" to the idea... because older men who attract younger women are in fact the exception ---as it should be, and has proven itself out for centuries. That's where the alpha male concept comes into play. no all guys can be one.

3. I once read that 40% of younger women are not open to older man at all, 40% will say depends on the guy (and many other factors), and 20% don't have any problems with it. My personal experience and those of a few of my friends bear this out. Remember the Friends espisode where Monica Geller falls for Richard, her dad's friend... that's your 40% "depends on the guy" scenario.

Leave it at that. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh, forgot one important item. You have to understand that women, as a whole, have a significant vested interest in maintain the social rule that men should only date (and therefore only socially acceptable) within their age group. Otherwise, the future of romantic relationships for old hens looks bleak. Think about the days where kings and other men had several concubines, you can imagine that the older hens weren't really thrilled about the new young chick coming on board. Girl Code.
Some of this sounds like you do get it - and then some of it is just plain insulting and degrading to women. It would be a lot more pleasant to discuss things with you if you could avoid that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships