Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 04:08 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,676 times

Advertisements

Jeans, T-shirt and a pink/lilac/purple cardigan. That looks yum!

If you have the right hair, boobs, butt and shoes, you rock any outfit, even a giraffe onesie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
Just curious. I've always been a t shirt and jeans kinda girl, even though I'm almost 30. I recently had a guy tell me that he wasn't too interested in me because of the way I dress. I wasn't offended since he wasn't my type, but I'm a plain jane. But I'm just curious as to what guys like.
Absolutely. A woman's willingness to dress casually around you indicates she is comfortable in your presence. That is a big turn on.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Here we are on the 6th page of this thread, and nobody has yet remarked that this thread's title is about the causal relationship between dress and attraction, and not about jeans or T-shirts?

To reiterate, the subject is the philosophical meaning of causality. Causality, not casualness.

There, I feel much better now. Returning to the implied topic, it seems to me that Americans are inveterately casual in dress, manner and speech. Normally I arrive at a first-date wearing a suit, even if the venue is a coffee-shop. Yet one gathers that this is regarded as being odd, and almost officious. I'd been keen on seeing more formality in our society in general, whether it be women's dress or usage of e-mail or styles of impromptu verbal greetings.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:16 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
I believe one should dress according to their preferred lifestyle, and not make presentations for things that really don't represent them ,like wearing a costume.
If a guy wears clothes that appear to be classy and expensive ,and you find out later that he's knee deep in debt, you know he's a phony, what else is he not being truthful with?
False fronts offend me, I wear clothes that honestly represent me and my economic state, and those wearing expensive clothes in my book don't impress me at all ,even if they are wealthy.
I don't know this for fact but, I am told that there are some millionaires in Texas that wear bib overalls and drive old beat up trucks. I have known a few millionaires that do not dress fancy and we are good friends .
If appearances are that important to you, and your into deception, that's what you have to deal with all the time.
IMO

Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Absolutely. A woman's willingness to dress casually around you indicates she is comfortable in your presence. That is a big turn on.
Yeah a woman who dresses down always makes me feel special.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
its funny you mentioned that-saw it this summer,,,,

whats with the "juicy" shorts?? across the butt..... saw that alot this summer... for most maine women, those letters are spaced apart, could barely read it.....
Lol yeah I saw that a little too as it's pretty cold here all the time. Juicy I'd imagine means juicy couture which is a brand? I'm not 200% sure though.

There's a woman I know and she looks great from behind, small slim, blonde and she wear playboy etc when she turns round she's roughly late 40s wrinkled and no teeth that's the kind of woman I associate with playboy clothes. Lol

Old 10-03-2013, 07:50 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
I like when women know how to dress up nice.

I recently went to an awards gala and wanted to date every girl in sight..

However, I do like a woman who can throw on some sexy shorts and a sports jersey that fits them well.

It depends on the situation. I wouldn't really like someone who dresses the same all the time.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:23 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
you may not portray yourself as very feminine by the way you dress. if thats how you want to dress then go for it, but don't be surprised if some men are turned off by a lack of femininity. similarly i'm much more attracted to men that appear more "masculine" and i know other women feel the same way. you could try to incorporate more feminine pieces into your wardrobe without sacrificing comfort/casualty. like maybe wear a colored, form-fitting tshirt versus a plain shapeless white one. i tend to do stuff like that because i like looking feminine but i also like dressing down. i wear a lot of leggings/yoga pants because they're tight and accentuate my curves while also being super casual and comfy. i also go for lace and patterns. there are plenty of comfortable, casual and feminine clothes out there.

naturally it depends on the situation as well. there are some circumstances where you just have to suck it up and "dress up" for etiquette reasons. if you refuse in those situations i can understand why that would a huge turn off. if a man was taking you to a nice restaurant it'd be pretty disrespectful toward him to show up in jeans and a tshirt. similarly women will often "dress up" when they are seeking a mate and by dressing down all the time you may be unintentionally and subconsciously sending the message that you're not interested in male attention. eg i never try to look good at the gym or grocery store because i'd really rather not have anyone approach me during those times.

i totally get where you're coming from though. i much prefer dressing casually. my favorite outfit is probably a pair of black leggings + my mountain dew tshirt (womens, kinda form-fitting). at the end of the day, every man has different tastes so its not like no one will be into you.

Last edited by brocco; 10-03-2013 at 08:42 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
yeah. they can take their clothes off too like any dressed up woman.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM

890 posts, read 1,650,200 times
I do have a few dresses in my closet. So I do wear them if I have to. I also have a couple of dates planned within the next week, so I know that I have to wear more appropriate clothing. I have trouble walking, so heels are extremely uncomfortable. That kinda limits my wardrobe as well. I just feel like if I were to dress up all of the time, then I'd be portraying someone who I'm not. I come from a rather middle class background, so I'm not poor by any means, I'd prefer to spend money on other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships