Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Isnt that kinda a stereo type that a good man wouldn't approach a woman to meet her? I mean if thats the case then how does any meet anyone, someone has to approach someone. Naw i know bikers and etc that look scary but are good people, some own there own companies some even CEOs. Don't count yourself out. Ladies with ink are not uncommon nowadays.

And in todays world balance between warrior and priest spirit is best.
Well, considering I've never been approached by anyone that seemed like a good man, I'd say the stereotype is spot on with me. I've been told several times that I look like I'd be 'good in bed' but not really the relationship type. My ex told me he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public and a guy I had a HUUGE crush on told me he could never date a woman he'd be embarrassed to introduce to his parents (i.e. me).

I don't dress scantily nor do I give off the vibe that I'm some kind of 'bad girl', but my appearance suggests otherwise. It's not a big deal, I found a socially awkward nerdy guy who seems to like me (tattoos and all) so that's really nothing of my concern for right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, considering I've never been approached by anyone that seemed like a good man, I'd say the stereotype is spot on with me. I've been told several times that I look like I'd be 'good in bed' but not really the relationship type. My ex told me he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public and a guy I had a HUUGE crush on told me he could never date a woman he'd be embarrassed to introduce to his parents (i.e. me).

I don't dress scantily nor do I give off the vibe that I'm some kind of 'bad girl', but my appearance suggests otherwise. It's not a big deal, I found a socially awkward nerdy guy who seems to like me (tattoos and all) so that's really nothing of my concern for right now
That the thing thats wierd, supposly high selfesteem and high standard males and females are so worried about normal or definitions it really makes you wonder if its them who are not limited or insecure.

You just haven't found the right guys yet. I love all kinds of different ladies.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 PM

428 posts, read 445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Scared? No. Not wanting to deal with overly testosteroned male bravado? Yes. It gets irritating after a while and totally isn't worth it. Especially since 'hardasses' tend to be more on the abusive side. No thanks to that,
Never been abusive to a woman in my life hon. But don't take my word for it. Trust the FBI and BATF.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
That the thing thats wierd, supposly high selfesteem and high standard males and females are so worried about normal or definitions it really makes you wonder if its them who are not limited or insecure.

You just haven't found the right guys yet. I love all kinds of different ladies.
I just knew I didn't want some d-bag 'bad boy' and have never been into that kind of culture. It's been very difficult to find a guy who didn't have a history of cheating/abuse or 5 baby mommas who was also interested in me. Contrary to popular belief, guys who are socially awkward and have no luck dating still don't want to be with a woman who has surgery scars, is taller than them or has tattoos. Men are VERY visual and I don't meet most men's criteria for what is attractive. It is what it is.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:24 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Simple.

People who have options and think highly of themselves have standards.

People who have no self esteem and has no attractions from the opposite sex, do not have standards.

Simple. Guys who have a lot going for them have standards because they can choose from many types of women. And vice versa.

This thread is clearly started by a guy with no standards because he has a hard time getting ANYONE to want to date him lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
That's true, but even people who don't have standards, still really do have standards they just don't enforce them then when they finally find someone that will have them its not likely that person will meet their standards but they wont leave and it may just be a sad unhappy relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships