Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times

Advertisements

I guess im ugly and have no selfesteem because in our crazy and sick society i would just be greatful for a good woman who is more concerned about having a partnership then what can i bring to enhance her life. I would worship a good woman who thinks about what she is contributing etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I guess im ugly and have no selfesteem because in our crazy and sick society i would just be greatful for a good woman who is more concerned about having a partnership then what can i bring to enhance her life. I would worship a good woman who thinks about what she is contributing etc.
I've never thought about what I "contribute" any more than I've thought about what my partner should "contribute." I also never had a list - but I suppose I had standards. I mean, I never dated anyone with a criminal record, anyone who dealt drugs, anyone who beat me, etc. We all have standards whether or not we put them into words. I agree that having a long check list is just going to make life harder - but I don't know why people take it personally.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've never thought about what I "contribute" any more than I've thought about what my partner should "contribute." I also never had a list - but I suppose I had standards. I mean, I never dated anyone with a criminal record, anyone who dealt drugs, anyone who beat me, etc. We all have standards whether or not we put them into words. I agree that having a long check list is just going to make life harder - but I don't know why people take it personally.
This. Guys get so mad at girls wanting a guy over 6'.

A 300lb woman could say the same thing about guys that won't date her cause shes 300lbs. Even 200lbs.

My gf is 5'1. Last 2 were 5'9. I prefer short girls like my gf but I wouldn't not give other girls a chance because of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-24-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

A 300lb woman could say the same thing about guys that won't date her cause shes 300lbs. Even 200lbs.

My gf is 5'1. Last 2 were 5'9. I prefer short girls like my gf but I wouldn't not give other girls a chance because of it.

You know im going to have to take back what i said about you on the other thread. Bruddah you said in one post what i couldnt in alot.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree with what houstan-dan said and will add i find it kind of insulting and hurtful not because you ladies have standards, but some or your standards are, even to normal people difficult to reach. What about someone who came from someplace like compton or a very bad background, Hasnt got in trouble with the law etc but works on himself etc. But the odds of success is not in his favor. The guy could be a good man but poor. Are you saying that person isn't worthy of love or chance if they don't meet your standards?

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-24-2013 at 07:59 PM..

Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbara2013 View Post
We all know women have standards (especially high and unrealistic one) when it comes to dating men and they are called shallow or selfish. But, when men decide to have standards, they are considered shallow, mean, and selfish even though they are not high.
Have you got any data that proves the above assumptions?

Or are you just whining because some girl thinks she's too good for you, and you think you're too good for whichever unfortunate female wants to date you?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I agree with what houstan-dan said and will add i find it kind of insulting and hurtful not because you ladies have standards, but some or your standards are, even to normal people difficult to reach. What about someone who came from someplace like compton or a very bad background, Hasnt got in trouble with the law etc but works on himself etc. But the odds of success is not in his favor. The guy could be a good man but poor. Are you saying that person isn't worthy of love or chance if they don't meet your standards?
Houstan Dan was agreeing with me - and you agree with him but find fault with what I said... Kind of confusing...

Why is it insulting and hurtful when women have crazy standards? At the end of the day - they either find someone who meets those standards, they throw away some of their standards, or they end up alone. The same happens with men. Look - I'm half Jewish and half Japanese. If some guy said that he didn't want to date me because of that - I'd consider it a favor. Why would I want to be with someone that didn't want to be with someone like me?

And can you please point out to me where you think I possibly said that someone isn't worthy of love for any reason? And where on earth you think I said that my standards had anything to do with money or where a person was raised? I said I never dated a drug dealer, a person with a criminal record, or someone who beat me. I'm sorry if that offends drug dealing wife beaters who have spent time in jail - but I know that I'm worth - and it's a hell of a lot more than being beaten.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

That's a bad comparison. There is nothing a guy can do about his height, whereas almost anybody can lose weight. Someone being extremely overweight is not just a physical flaw, but also a mental flaw. It's a sign of laziness in most cases. The other thing is that a good amount of women that want a tall man are not tall themselves. Any guy that's done online dating has seen this first hand. A woman that's 5-2 that wants a man at least 5-10. It's our society. Once again i'll say it, there just isn't as many attractive women these days, so the few that are out there are a lot more picky because they can be. The older women get the worse they get about it too, as they become more of a commodity. a 35 year old woman that's still looks good is going to have a pretty gnarly checklist compared to a 25 year old girl, because of the laws of supply and demand.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 PM

@Dewdrop93

What Dan said was this, My gf is 5'1. Last 2 were 5'9. I prefer short girls like my gf but I wouldn't not give other girls a chance because of it. End quote:

Basicly hes was saying, even with his preferences of short girls he hasn't ruled out tall girls. That what i agreed with.

As for you Dewdrop93, i made a mistake by quoting you, but couldn't fix it. My wording was refering to you ladies not you personally. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
That's a bad comparison. There is nothing a guy can do about his height, whereas almost anybody can lose weight. Someone being extremely overweight is not just a physical flaw, but also a mental flaw. It's a sign of laziness in most cases. The other thing is that a good amount of women that want a tall man are not tall themselves. Any guy that's done online dating has seen this first hand. A woman that's 5-2 that wants a man at least 5-10. It's our society. Once again i'll say it, there just isn't as many attractive women these days, so the few that are out there are a lot more picky because they can be. The older women get the worse they get about it too, as they become more of a commodity. a 35 year old woman that's still looks good is going to have a pretty gnarly checklist compared to a 25 year old girl, because of the laws of supply and demand.
Quote:
@Dewdrop93

What Dan said was this, My gf is 5'1. Last 2 were 5'9. I prefer short girls like my gf but I wouldn't not give other girls a chance because of it. End quote:

Basicly hes was saying, even with his preferences of short girls he hasn't ruled out tall girls. That what i agreed with.

As for you Dewdrop93, i made a mistake by quoting you, but couldn't fix it. My wording was refering to you ladies not you personally. Sorry for the confusion.

But my point remains the same. Who cares if some people have crazy standards. The only person they are hurting is themselves if they don't find what they are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships