Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,267 times

Advertisements

My favorite standard that men get bashed for is not wanting to date a woman who has slept around a lot, or is sleeping around a lot.

You can judge on career choice, drug use, even political and religous views, but dare say you won't date a woman who sleeps with a ton of men on the regular and you labeled misygonist. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM

134 posts, read 214,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
My favorite standard that men get bashed for is not wanting to date a woman who has slept around a lot, or is sleeping around a lot.

You can judge on career choice, drug use, even political and religous views, but dare say you won't date a woman who sleeps with a ton of men on the regular and you labeled misygonist. Sad.
Agreed. I made a thread about this. From a purely practical standpoint, you'd be an idiot to have sex with a girl who has had sex with 10+ guys. First of all, you're guaranteed to get an STD. Second of all, the simple fact is that well-adjusted women don't sleep around.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:46 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeviolationmcenroe View Post
agreed. I made a thread about this. From a purely practical standpoint, you'd be an idiot to have sex with a girl who has had sex with 10+ guys. First of all, you're guaranteed to get an std. Second of all, the simple fact is that well-adjusted women don't sleep around.
lol

Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
Agreed. I made a thread about this. From a purely practical standpoint, you'd be an idiot to have sex with a girl who has had sex with 10+ guys. First of all, you're guaranteed to get an STD. Second of all, the simple fact is that well-adjusted women don't sleep around.
Yeah, I'm not a stickler to the number. I mean over 50, ok that's crazy. 10 to 25 at age 25? That's a lot, but context matters. All in highschool? Spread through college? She still racking em up? Depends.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:17 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times
Quote:

This is mainly because they have slept around themselves and suddenly act like a moral police officer expecting a goody girl. That's where all the bashing is coming from: their hypocrisy can be detected miles away. You won't get a moral compass girl while checking out hookers at clubs and bars.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:

Hey - you can want whatever you want. I think people take issue with it when you guys start to call the women sl#ts and insinuate that they are diseased and have huge vaginas. If you want a virgin - that's fine. If there is a certain number that you will be okay with - that's fine. But there's no need to call women names simply because they don't fit your preference. Same goes with anyone who prefers certain things. There is a female poster here that continually calls single parents losers - and I find that equally distasteful. You can have your double standards all day long - it doesn't really affect anyone else but you.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times
I think if anyone is overly demanding a virgin and nothing more, then he/she better be a virgin themselves other they're nothing but hypocrites with insecurity issues. As of now I'm leery of those types and will get away from them as fast as I can.

It the man indeed had the same mentality about the ''not sleeping around and respecting yourself'' as the woman he's looking for, then it's fine. I have no problem with that. It's when he's another one of those manwhores that suddenly starts freaking out on his girl's past that is what is irritating. Don't keep asking for what you can't give out in return.

Last edited by Laychick; 10-25-2013 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why is it so upsetting to you that some women might have standards that you don't match up to? Different people are looking for different things. You should look for women that go after men who call women ridiculous, losers, and who like to make up charts and graphs showing how shallow they are!
BECAUSE, a lot of women insist that men aren't allowed to have standards that are unatainable to the average woman meanwhile ladies can crap all over guys with whatever twisted preferences, standards and excuses to reject a guy. Women want a free pass to exercise their superficialities meanwhile guys are shallow, ignorant and prejudiced when we have ours.

Most of the time men's discrepancies center around her weight and the fact that a woman can do something to lose those few extra pounds. Nothing more really.

We all know that women discard men who aren't tall enough, aren't handsome enough, don't make enough cashflow or it could be that his friends don't have the good looks to boost her own feminity as well as her girlfriends.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
BECAUSE, a lot of women insist that men aren't allowed to have standards that are unatainable to the average woman meanwhile ladies can crap all over guys with whatever twisted preferences, standards and excuses to reject a guy. Women want a free pass to exercise their superficialities meanwhile guys are shallow, ignorant and prejudiced when we have ours.

Most of the time men's discrepancies center around her weight and the fact that a woman can do something to lose those few extra pounds. Nothing more really.

We all know that women discard men who aren't tall enough, aren't handsome enough, don't make enough cashflow or it could be that his friends don't have the good looks to boost her own feminity as well as her girlfriends.
So? It's not about changing "women" to think they way you want them to think. It's about finding the women that already think in a way that's compatible with you. I've got news for you - there are women that are never going to date short men. There are men that are never going to date heavy women. And you can argue all day long that women can always just lose the weight - but if it were that easy for everyone - we would all be the same, small size. We are all different. Focusing on the people that don't want you is pointless. Find the ones that do. If you keep getting focusing on all the people in the world that aren't attracted to you - you are going to miss the ones that are and will end up a bitter, whiney mess.

Oh - and the last part of your post - please don't speak for me or everyone. No - we don't all know that because "women" aren't all like that.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:09 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post

Bitter much?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships