Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, I noticed. But men are called mean as well as shallow or selfish.
Haha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,273 times
Most of the times a Man's standards boils down to looks. We often overlook other qualities if we find her attractive.

Women on the other hand are definitely choosier and have a long laundry list of requirements, they don't all have to be met but are more critical of men in general.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
LOL ouch

Did a quick search on POF.com

These are what single women are looking for, I can't view their entire ads, (don't have an account there myself)

"is there any honest and good men out there"

"Please be worth my time
If you would like to know anything about me or what I do feel free to message me anytime."

"I'm not asking too much...
I love travelling, going to the beach, having nice dinners, going for long walks, spending time with friends, getting to know new people or doing anything that I'm in a mood for. I'm a sweet, "

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
But what requires a man to be "worth" her time? And if I can "feel free" to message a woman, why wont she respond. 98 of 100 women will just delete your message without even reading it! And the 1-2 who do respond will give short less than 10 word responses that wont lead to any real conversation. Its almost like you have to speak some sort of magic gibberish that will make even a 5 or 6 mildly interested

Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 PM

543 posts, read 534,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
But what requires a man to be "worth" her time? And if I can "feel free" to message a woman, why wont she respond. 98 of 100 women will just delete your message without even reading it! And the 1-2 who do respond will give short less than 10 word responses that wont lead to any real conversation. Its almost like you have to speak some sort of magic gibberish that will make even a 5 or 6 mildly interested
I agree. I doubt even they know what's worth their time. I'm beginning to have my doubts that women even take online dating seriously. That's not saying that guys do (far from it). But for those of us who present honest intentions and a decent profile it's pretty damn frustrating.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,287 times
Standards are important. One time a girl told me her butt was off limits. That obviously did not work out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-19-2013, 12:17 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,203 times
I dont think most women's standards are higher, just unwavering. SOME men could have an equally high sense of self worth. Rather than taking the sprinter's approach of thinking that it is their clothes or cars that persuade women to be with them immediately, a select group of men run the marathon and realize that their genes and subsequently their man juice alone is what some women want. And they're willing to hold out until they get their standards met. lol...they may not start a family till they're 39, but some women are willing to wait that long. But if you're some hornball going around nailing whatever will open the door for you then yes, women have higher standards than you.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:19 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Men have standards all day.........

Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 AM

207 posts, read 354,915 times
Try this....

Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours

Swedish Proverb

Old 10-19-2013, 09:16 AM

457 posts, read 605,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
It's because women pretend that their standards are about "deep" things, such as personality, whereas men's standards are about looks. Of course, that's a complete lie because most of what women present to the world is intended to make them look good. That's why, for example, you get conflicting responses about the "is size important?" question. In public, all women will say "no, absolutely not." Then you put them in a room with only women and it's like "hell, yeah, girl! HA HA HA!" Women are generally like that.
That's actually probably true, guys are more up front with their tastes in general, which I guess can be good and bad. A good aspect is there is no wasted time from the girl perspective since they know what attracts a guy if he makes it public.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:07 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I think its a preconceived notion that women have to have standards to protect themselves (rape, physical abuse etc) and to weed out bad candidates when it comes to reproduction. If men were the ones giving birth and perpetuating the species, I think we would understand a (hopeful) raise in standards. This isn't always the case though.
Really?? Aside from being irrelevant to the question, is this supposed to mean that only men rape and are predisposed to physical abuse and that women are capable of immaculate conception or spawning offspring all by themselves? Oh but then, maybe I forgot that this kind od reply comes from women who are never guilty because everything bad is men's fault. Ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships