Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But my point remains the same. Who cares if some people have crazy standards. The only person they are hurting is themselves if they don't find what they are looking for.
Agreed but it still stings a guy who may really like a wahine to be told he isnt good enough. But that doesn't mean quit live life, its there loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Agreed but it still stings a guy who may really like a wahine to be told he isnt good enough. But that doesn't mean quit live life, its there loss.

That why as a guy you get the last LOL when she 40+ and still has not found anyone and has 13 cats and smells like cat ****.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
That why as a guy you get the last LOL when she 40+ and still has not found anyone and has 13 cats and smells like cat ****.
Lol u right.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
I agree with what houstan-dan said and will add i find it kind of insulting and hurtful not because you ladies have standards, but some or your standards are, even to normal people difficult to reach. What about someone who came from someplace like compton or a very bad background, Hasnt got in trouble with the law etc but works on himself etc. But the odds of success is not in his favor. The guy could be a good man but poor. Are you saying that person isn't worthy of love or chance if they don't meet your standards?
I'll bite.

I would (most likely) have nothing in common with the guys you gave as examples. They could be an awesome person with a good heart, but chances are...... we would have nothing to talk about, probably none of the same hobbies, most likely, different goals, and enjoy doing different things.

Part of the "standards" means that you will probably meet someone you will have a lot in common with. Certainly no guarantee, but honestly, you need some guidelines.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
And yet, a good portion of the women here are happily married (or in relationships). That sure showed us!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
There are even unattractive and fat women who have a checklist of things sometimes even more so than hot women. This society we live in that tells people to go to college and ao forth is giving a false sense of over achievement syndrome about not settling for less and desire the best.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:31 PM

153 posts, read 309,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And then some of them show up on forums like this complaining about how all women are vain, psycho, manipulative gold-diggers. Perhaps if they had demands or standards above and beyond "hot" and "puts out" they might have better results.
Well said, Fleetiebelle.
I am so tired of some of the misogyny I find on this thread.

Hold on to your hat OP: the values that I truly want in a man are integrity, genuine kindness, self-reliance, love of the arts and outdoors. He must be current regarding national news and world events. Since I value healthy living and keeping in shape, I want the same. What I find exasperating is when men look at my 12 year-old car and modest house and think, "Oh good, easy pickings; she can't be picky and must be desperate." I don't need, or even want, a guy whom has a lot of money; however, my values are just different , and many "losers" cannot recognize that.

Guess what- I am middle-aged woman (some men on this thread have said that middle-aged women are far past their prime); I feel lucky that many middle-aged men have the same values as mine...and appreciate me.;-) Thank god there are some self-aware and positive men in this world.

Bottom line, men like the OP have a distorted view of women. It's easy OP (and all his minions): instead of being frustrated when you don't attract the beauty queens and princesses, find a woman whom you find attractive, makes you laugh, feel special...AND SHARES YOUR VALUES! Most of all, stop pining for those whom do not want you.

Last edited by nosyneighbors; 10-25-2013 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: who/whom/that

Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 PM

153 posts, read 309,253 times
Quote:
That why as a guy you get the last LOL when she 40+ and has 13 cats
You say this like it is a bad thing

Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'll bite.

I would (most likely) have nothing in common with the guys you gave as examples. They could be an awesome person with a good heart, but chances are...... we would have nothing to talk about, probably none of the same hobbies, most likely, different goals, and enjoy doing different things.

Part of the "standards" means that you will probably meet someone you will have a lot in common with. Certainly no guarantee, but honestly, you need some guidelines.
Of course you need some healthy standards. Lol but i think everyone has alot more things in common then we chose to accept besides outward stuff etc.

And if its not about an awesome person with a good heart or character then what is it about?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Of course you need some healthy standards. Lol but i think everyone has alot more things in common then we chose to accept besides outward stuff etc.

And if its not about an awesome person with a good heart or character then what is it about?

People have a lot more in common than what they enjoy doing and what they think about? Sure, I can be an acquaintance of someone with a good heart and character, and I can respect and like them for it. Absolutely.

But that's not even a basis for a friendship, let alone a romantic relationship.

It's not an either / or situation. The choice is not either you find someone with a good heart OR you find someone you a lot in common with. You CAN have both, and of COURSE people are going to want that.

I'm would never date a guy just based upon good character, when we have nothing else in common. You need attraction, shared values, respect, enjoyment of each other's company, and similar goals.

I've said it before, being a "nice guy" is not a selling point by its self, it's the bare minimum starting point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships