Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 PM

555 posts, read 592,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Um...I wear makeup and wear nice clothing (not necessarily revealing though) and it has nothing to do with attracting the male gaze.
I am not talking about you but women in general. Makeup, revealing dresses are to increase the chances of successful mating or to get an upper edge on other women. Men are not nearly as competitive as women, after all Miss "Whatever" contest are much more common than Mr. Anything contests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
I am not talking about you but women in general. Makeup, revealing dresses are to increase the chances of successful mating or to get an upper edge on other women. Men are not nearly as competitive as women, after all Miss "Whatever" contest are much more common than Mr. Anything contests.
The contests aren't evidence that women are competitive. It's evidence that men like to ogle women and rank them.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The contests aren't evidence that women are competitive. It's evidence that men like to ogle women and rank them.
No? LOL. Then why so many women participate in these contests then? Why so many go for breast implants and use make up to improve their looks?
You are foollng yourself.,

Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
No? LOL. Then why so many women participate in these contests then? Why so many go for breast implants and use make up to improve their looks?
You are foollng yourself.,
Many participate for the scholarship money. The makeup is part of the "uniform", like the required bathing suits, the gowns, and all that. I haven't seen those shows in a long time, but they didn't used to get implants. Not sure that they do now. I knew a couple of women who signed up for the contests. They did it for easy scholarship money and free travel. Women who need the scholarship money can't afford implants, btw.

The contests are also evidence that parading women around in bathing suits makes for good entertainment and sells a lot of advertising. You seem to think women invented these contests. You'd be wrong.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
The contests are also evidence that parading women around in bathing suits makes for good entertainment and sells a lot of advertising. You seem to think women invented these contests. You'd be wrong.
It is also a proof that for many women parading in bathing suits is a acceptable source of income. Nobody forces anyone to participate. C'mon now. Women are not victims of sex appeal and sex - they have been taking advantage of them for ages. LOL

Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Part of it could also be that 'gettin some' for a guy has FAR less consequences than with a woman. I have to worry about pregnancy, STDs are more easily transmitted from man to woman (and condoms aren't 100%) and, for me at least, I don't like the feeling of someone using me for sex and nothing more. Some people are fine with that, but it's just not for me.
No offense, maybe im just dumb? But how can a guy use you for sex if your a willing person and you had sex with him? Further when i think used, its you were taken advantage of and got nothing out of it? But if you had sex, then you must enjoy it or why have it, unless you had some alt expectation for having sex(it will lead to something mor? If thats the case then the issue is having alt expectations, not being used. Unless you sat down with that person before sex and you said you just didn't want sex and a guy agreed, ok, which i always talk about expectations b4 sex so there are no missunderstandings or hurt feelings.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:45 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times
I guess the second question i will ask is when has seeking sex or wantting or having sex bad ladies? Your ether interested or not. Seeking and trying to get needs met isn't ugly, bad or wrong? That would be like saying you ladies use us to get your emotional needs met by calling us and wantting to talk forever or share everthing or even just be friends. Crazy, i really think alot of the issues today between men and ladies and misunderstanding is because we forget and don't understand that men and women are fundamentally different chemically that effects how we think etc.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:

Men are so rank!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
An unattractive woman would like it if they get a man to look at them once in a while lol.

Only if he meets the woman's standards, which is isn't often.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
It depends on what is in his mind when checking her out though. It depends on what his intentions are eventually.

There isn't anyone I don't already know with whom I want to have sex. (This includes celebrities.) But sure eventually is a long time and I might want to have sex with them after I get to know them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships