Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,731,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
It may or may not have been off the mark, but the fact is that she was rude. I think it's more civilized to at least pretend that you think someone has the best of intentions b/c in fact they may. It's not fair to judge one person on what the 20 before him said or did.

Also, in your case, I'm thinking you were a bit jumpy. These guys didn't call in sex for a favor--they wanted to date you and have a relationship, and what is wrong with that? I mean, if you don't want to date these guys you are in no way obligated, but it's not fair to assume they just want sex when you said they want to be bf/gf.
Maybe I need to move, because pretty much every heterosexual single eligible male (young or old, but mostly older) in these parts is going to be expecting sex sooner or later if you go out with them, (i.e., agree to date them). This is why it's rather difficult for me to even navigate the dating pool here, because men expecting sex and women offering sex in return for a kindness rendered? I consider that prostitution. I don't see that as a viable life choice for myself. So while I'm not a bad looking sort, fit, reasonably attractive, employed church-going, connected to my community, I sit home on Saturday nights with my disappointment and my ideals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 02:38 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Maybe I need to move, because pretty much every heterosexual single eligible male (young or old, but mostly older) in these parts is going to be expecting sex sooner or later if you go out with them, (i.e., agree to date them). This is why it's rather difficult for me to even navigate the dating pool here, because men expecting sex and women offering sex in return for a kindness rendered? I consider that prostitution. I don't see that as a viable life choice for myself. So while I'm not a bad looking sort, fit, reasonably attractive, employed church-going, connected to my community, I sit home on Saturday nights with my disappointment and my ideals.
i feel you because my sister does the same thing , may I ask how old you are and if you dont want to tell me just let me know in a dm ....

Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Many women do not assume this. The friendzone is evidence of that.

Most friendzoning happens because the guy never made it clear to the girl (early enough) that he had romantic and/or sexual designs on her.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Lol its also a term used for guys who always have the "wemon are weaker attitude" And thus always make excuses for there behaviors or come to the rescue so they dont have to be responsible. Im native lol.

Thou i agree we need to honor and cherish our sisters. It doesn't mean they can't be held responsible for there actions.
Precisely. Agree with that.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
This is a little extreme and she was a rude, but I do think most men have that motive. I just roll with it and see what happens.

I've had men ask to trade me mechanic services for a date, etc. it's just the way it is.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,374 times
how many male strangers (or acquaintances, if you knew this woman a little bit) in the class did you offer to help with their papers?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
Quote:
Ok what is expecting sex mean? Further how is expectations for sex any different then dating someone and expecting it to lead to a commitment or marriage? Or the countless rules and expections on dating, like a man should pay etc etc. Or you won't get a commitment or marriage intell A,B,C is met? When did sex become bd?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:

Did it ever occur to you that both the man and the woman both want to have sex with each other and really enjoy it? That is isn't a transaction of expectation and reward for anything at all?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that both the man and the woman both want to have sex with each other and really enjoy it? That is isn't a transaction of expectation and reward for anything at all?
You have to realise that we live in a society that some ladies believe that having sex with you is, they are giving up something instead of a sharing something.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:41 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You have to realise that we live in a society that some ladies believe that having sex with you is, they are giving up something instead of a sharing something.

I recall that attitude in high school, but thankfully I've not run into it since around that age, definitely not since undergrad. I can't imagine running into it as an adult. Those poor souls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships