Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 08:24 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly. Most women, especially those who get hit on a lot, learn to read people. Sometimes they are wrong. In my college years I experienced my share of helpful men wanting to get into my pants. One such situation could have gone terribly bad. I have also experienced truly helpful men who did not have those intentions. I have also made many observations of men falling all over themselves to help a young attractive women when they wouldn't give the time a day to an unattractive woman in need.

I'm surprised at the people that believe our experiences and instincts should not be heeded. If even 75% of X always ends in Y, then it is a survival instinct that will make us react in Z every time X situation occurs.

Was this woman a little rude, maybe. Do we really believe everyone has to be pleasant and accommodating in every situation all the time? People have bad days, anxieties, fears and a host of other pressures that may influences our reactions at any time. Some people are just asshats.

The OP should not assume all women believe all men are trying to have sex with them based on his experience with one woman.

Sigh. A lot of guys would give the time of day to an attractive woman - their reasoning is that that is as close as they can realistically expect to get to them, and they have no further expectation or even hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 AM

322 posts, read 504,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I empathize with you... I know it's insulting and it's bugging you, but try to take it with a grain of salt.
I'll try to do that. But that pisses me off when women assume I'm like the last douchebag she dated.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:38 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'll try to do that. But that pisses me off when women assume I'm like the last douchebag she dated.
Sort of like you assuming that attractive women are all the same?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Her reply was totally rude and terrible.

But it probably stems for the same experience most of us have.
Strange men don't get friendly with us or offer us help if they aren't trying to get some.
It's insulting, too, as I feel like we're not worth talking to unless we're gonna put out.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Sigh. A lot of guys would give the time of day to an attractive woman - their reasoning is that that is as close as they can realistically expect to get to them, and they have no further expectation or even hope.
There may not be expectation but there is always hope.
What is their reasoning for not giving an unattractive women the time of day?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
if I see a person who needs a hand, whether it be man or woman, and i am able to help, I'm going to try to help that person, and I've never asked for anything in return except for a thank you.

I have been offered money
I have been offered discounts
I have been offered items

I have turned all of them down-save for one thing, and that one thing is a thank-you. So yes, whenever a woman makes an ASSumption that I expect her to play with my ding-a-ling in return, it pisses me the hell off.
No, it's not an assumption if the "rescuer" starts to attempting to pursue you romantically after you have stated you're not looking for neither a hookup or a relationship. On Planet Male, why does "NO" mean something other than "NO"?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There may not be expectation but there is always hope.
What is their reasoning for not giving an unattractive women the time of day?

That escapes me, I have no idea, perhaps these guys are misanthropes who enjoy being unkind to unattractive women.

I abandoned hope somewhere around age three.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
No, it's not an assumption if the "rescuer" starts to attempting to pursue you romantically after you have stated you're not looking for neither a hookup or a relationship. On Planet Male, why does "NO" mean something other than "NO"?

Likely possibilities that come to mind include: dense. self-absorbed, uncaring, insensitive, misogynist.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:30 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Probably because they've dealt with a lot of people that are just trying to get in their pants. Yeah, women (and men) need to get over themselves. But it can be hard to get over yourself when you seem to be a magnet. Enough people tell you that you are something, you are likely to start believing it.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
The same reason why on planet female, that pursuing a woman in this way is unacceptable and no means no if your unattractive. Where the very same behavior by some guy who you find desirable or etc is just a guy having self confidence? On planet female where they want to make it socially unexecptable and illegal for undesirable men to even have the right to pursue the act of trying to date or show self confidence. Where on planet female, rude undesirable behavior isn't defined by the act itself, but by how goodlooking a man is or how much money he has or jail time he served lol. Where on planet female everyone is psychic except they forget on planet male we are not. On planet Male no means no if your unattractive or attractive or etc etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships