Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times

Advertisements

Ego plays a big factor in this.

For example any man who has ever turned down a woman for sex knows exactly what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 04:44 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Take a lesson from me. If you happen to date a woman who starts speaking about sex in any way during the first date - you can be sure that she's the woman who may opt to have sex quickly. A woman I dated for just two times had attempted to "go with me" to my place AFTER I told her that we're breaking up on our second week of knowing her.

On the other hand, there's the whole "friend zone" stuff that is so false and inflated on this forum. I know a big number of guys who keep loose friendships with other women whom they evaluate as either easy or "sex excursion" profile. Some of them will brag how their "hoe radar" works and how they get to spot them... it's gross at times but there is a lot of truth in some symptoms though although it's a no-brainer, but you never think of it unless you're into that stuff.

And those "friends" will be chatty from time to time with many women and everyone will know his name, he tends to be everywhere but he isn't a friend that does something truly valuable - more like a guy those women know and feel good talking with or the guy they want to talk to find out what's new around, since he's very outgoing. That's not the profile of a friend who usually fixes your car, computer, tv, borrows you decent sum of money, etc, but a friend who's around from time to time keeping this kind of contact with numerous people and when it comes to his contacts with women, he's always keeping his chances open in attempt to "score" sex, and that's how he'll act quickly if she gives him the time to go out. Those guys are also the ones that a woman will have sex with, as other serious friends will refuse that notion. And yes, I've also had first-hand experience to see them in action. You simply have friends who abuse your notion of friendship on any occasion by using you, without much care about you. Those kinds of friends aren't really friends, after all.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,448,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Good topic. Well, this mostly applies to the attractive to very attractive women because the way men look atr them and check them out and the way they flirt with them. It gets annoying to them to they think all guys are the same.

Looking at or checking out women is NOT the same as wanting to have sex with them. An awful lot of men have never had sex with a woman half as attractive, and can't even imagine having sex with a woman as attractive as the one they are checking out. For these men it's eye candy and nothing more.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Maybe her reply was inappropriate, but really: Was she that far off the mark? I've been having a few car problems over the past two months. Two different guys volunteered to help me with temporary transportation while my car was in the shop, twice. In the course of their helping me, both have brought up the possibility of us dating and becoming boyfriend and girlfriend...which at least in this society we live in will probably lead to the expectation of sex on the part of the man. TWO. In a row? And yet women would be blasted for generalizing and assuming this is what men want? Actually, I miscounted. it was THREE in a row.

Look, if a woman is standing around in a public place minding her own business and a guy crosses the room, the parking lot, dance floor or whatever to meet a woman, he had some reason for approaching her when he thought to do it. If it was friendship only, he would probably wait until she walked by him, instead of going over to her. Men don't go through all that and put themselves out there just to say "Hi how are ya" so just be real about it! Women assume men want something when they do this.
Actually yes they do approach women to just chat with them and get to know them a wee bit better.
I don't see a problem with asking someone to dance that you have never met especially a slow song.
It gives you a chance to chat while dancing which will ease the awkwardness (if there is any) of dancing with someone you just met.
Men and women can be friends only, it is not an urban legend, it is real and true but it only works if both are mature adults who the desire to just be friends and not let sex screw up a really good friendship.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:17 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,988 times
Quote:
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.

LOL epic response to literary help offering.....

Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,297,480 times
I think women just get propositioned so often that they begin to anticipate it and associate normal conversation as a scheme to get into their pants. A few years ago a woman I worked with invited me to go to a concert. My best friend was also a fan of the band, so I asked if it was okay if I brought my friend along. She hesitated at first, but then nodded her head and said "Sure, but no three ways."

A month or so later we were going to lunch and she asked if we could walk by her friend's office on the way to see if she was hungry. I tried to make a joke and said "Sure, but no three ways". Her face lit up and she said "I didn't know guys had that problem too!"

Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM

322 posts, read 504,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Good topic. Well, this mostly applies to the attractive to very attractive women because the way men look atr them and check them out and the way they flirt with them. It gets annoying to them to they think all guys are the same.
That's their problem. I don't want to be blamed for another man's f**k up.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:52 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
A buddy of mine in college got up to ask a girl at another table if we could borrow the salt from it and as soon as he said hi, she said, "I have a boyfriend" without even making eye contact with him. Sometimes, women just get in the habit of treating all of the men who come within ten feet of them like they want something and it's obnoxious. I wait for a guy to disappear when it's clear sex isn't on the table before I say he only wanted sex.

Still, I can't say I've ever been randomly approached by a guy who didn't eventually hit on me in that sitting and ask me out and since most people interested in dating you would like sex to be a part of that equation, I could make a wormhole out of it and say they approached me wanting sex because they approached me hoping for something in which sex is an inevitably. That's still not the same as only wanting sex, though lol

I've met guys who undoubtedly just wanted sex (and exit stage left when it isn't going to happen). They usually try too hard, like impressing you and getting your info so they can take you out immediately is a life or death situation running on a timer. That kind of behavior makes me suspicious. Also, when guys couldn't possibly be interested in anything other than my looks/body, it's a red flag to me.

For example, if I'm walking down the street with my guitar on my back and a guy says, "Hey, you play? So do I!" I'm not going to think, "Ugh, he's just trying to get into my pants". If, however, I'm just standing there with absolutely nothing going on that could reflect my personality or interests in any way and a guy driving by pulls up to me and says, "Hey, sweetheart, how you doin'?" I'm not going to regard him as having pulled up to me because he's just being nice.

Or, guys who say hello to me and act all helpful and friendly when I'm wearing something tight that shows my curves but won't even acknowledge me if I'm covered up and wearing something loose. I won't take their interest in me when I'm showing T&A as an interest in anything other than sex or just oggling my body. That's one of the ways I weed guys out who make looks/attraction too important. How they treat me when I'm just bumming around in a tee and sweats compared to how they treat me when I'm busting out, so to speak lol

Exactly. Most women, especially those who get hit on a lot, learn to read people. Sometimes they are wrong. In my college years I experienced my share of helpful men wanting to get into my pants. One such situation could have gone terribly bad. I have also experienced truly helpful men who did not have those intentions. I have also made many observations of men falling all over themselves to help a young attractive women when they wouldn't give the time a day to an unattractive woman in need.

I'm surprised at the people that believe our experiences and instincts should not be heeded. If even 75% of X always ends in Y, then it is a survival instinct that will make us react in Z every time X situation occurs.

Was this woman a little rude, maybe. Do we really believe everyone has to be pleasant and accommodating in every situation all the time? People have bad days, anxieties, fears and a host of other pressures that may influences our reactions at any time. Some people are just asshats.

The OP should not assume all women believe all men are trying to have sex with them based on his experience with one woman.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Quote:
That's their problem. I don't want to be blamed for another man's f**k up.
I empathize with you... I know it's insulting and it's bugging you, but try to take it with a grain of salt.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 AM

322 posts, read 504,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Ego plays a big factor in this.

For example any man who has ever turned down a woman for sex knows exactly what I'm talking about
I've done that before. She said to me "you must be gay." I told her "I'm not gay, I just don't find YOU attractive."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships