Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
No no no, you misunderstand my meaning. Defense, not offense. In a social situation, saying "I'm not going to have sex with you" is perfectly acceptable- depending on the circumstances it could also be rude, absurd, and just plain narcissism if it comes in reaction to nothing, but there's no law against being a jerk. And realistically, I'd bet many if not most men going out of their way to be friendly to a woman certainly wouldn't have been violently opposed to the idea.

But if this were to happen in a workplace? Completely different story. If he were to offer help on work matters to a female coworker and get that as a response, that's a massive red flag that spells out trouble and an irrational mind. The only responsible thing to do in that case would be to immediately get your ass over to HR and explain what happened. Have it documented and recorded. Not next week, but right then and there. No one should risk their livelihood and reputation, and when there are allegations of sexualizing coworkers in the office that's exactly what's at stake.
So you think the woman might be trolling for someone to accuse? I can kinda see that point, but I don't think it's HR-worthy unless it happens again.

I was a young worker when sexual innuendo was thick in the workplace. As despicable as it was, I think I'd take that over today's political correctness. At least back then, you could flat out tell someone to go jump and how high. If that didn't work, public humiliation usually did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.

I never see this when I do random acts of kindness, help them out etc.. Never once has a woman taken offense to anything like that.

However, in the dating world it is sometimes annoying how paranoid women are of "being used for sex".

Old 10-21-2013, 06:31 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,550 times
A buddy of mine in college got up to ask a girl at another table if we could borrow the salt from it and as soon as he said hi, she said, "I have a boyfriend" without even making eye contact with him. Sometimes, women just get in the habit of treating all of the men who come within ten feet of them like they want something and it's obnoxious. I wait for a guy to disappear when it's clear sex isn't on the table before I say he only wanted sex.

Still, I can't say I've ever been randomly approached by a guy who didn't eventually hit on me in that sitting and ask me out and since most people interested in dating you would like sex to be a part of that equation, I could make a wormhole out of it and say they approached me wanting sex because they approached me hoping for something in which sex is an inevitably. That's still not the same as only wanting sex, though lol

I've met guys who undoubtedly just wanted sex (and exit stage left when it isn't going to happen). They usually try too hard, like impressing you and getting your info so they can take you out immediately is a life or death situation running on a timer. That kind of behavior makes me suspicious. Also, when guys couldn't possibly be interested in anything other than my looks/body, it's a red flag to me.

For example, if I'm walking down the street with my guitar on my back and a guy says, "Hey, you play? So do I!" I'm not going to think, "Ugh, he's just trying to get into my pants". If, however, I'm just standing there with absolutely nothing going on that could reflect my personality or interests in any way and a guy driving by pulls up to me and says, "Hey, sweetheart, how you doin'?" I'm not going to regard him as having pulled up to me because he's just being nice.

Or, guys who say hello to me and act all helpful and friendly when I'm wearing something tight that shows my curves but won't even acknowledge me if I'm covered up and wearing something loose. I won't take their interest in me when I'm showing T&A as an interest in anything other than sex or just oggling my body. That's one of the ways I weed guys out who make looks/attraction too important. How they treat me when I'm just bumming around in a tee and sweats compared to how they treat me when I'm busting out, so to speak lol

Last edited by cyberphonics; 10-21-2013 at 06:41 PM..

Old 10-21-2013, 07:17 PM

322 posts, read 504,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I never see this when I do random acts of kindness, help them out etc.. Never once has a woman taken offense to anything like that.

However, in the dating world it is sometimes annoying how paranoid women are of "being used for sex".
That's their fault for choosing the wrong men to date.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 PM

93 posts, read 234,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Some women who are loners, introverts, or anti-social would use "he just wants to sleep with me" as an excuse to avoid social connections with men.

This is not particular to women, but to men as well. In general, anti-social women would use the "he just wants to sleep with me" as an excuse not to be friendly, while men would use "she's not attractive enough to date so why bother" as an excuse not to befriend a woman.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
Because the world is full of stupid *******s, with both sets of genitals. Unfortunately they tend not to wear signs to identify themselves.
Oh, really?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Oh, really?
Bow chikka wow woooow.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflau View Post
Some women who are loners, introverts, or anti-social would use "he just wants to sleep with me" as an excuse to avoid social connections with men.

This is not particular to women, but to men as well. In general, anti-social women would use the "he just wants to sleep with me" as an excuse not to be friendly, while men would use "she's not attractive enough to date so why bother" as an excuse not to befriend a woman.
I've never met a woman who was a loner or anti-social. Most women are outgoing people.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Women think about sex just as much as men do and possibly more.

Cold approaches are generally not accepted in American society.

If you want to meet more approachable women go to latin america, eastern europe, russia or asia.

The American media makes women think all men are potential rapists and murders.
How pathetic is that?!

Old 10-21-2013, 11:25 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I used to be egalitarian and would help anyone, buy lunch for the homeless, freely volunteer my time, give money to charitable causes; never again. I've been double crossed enough times. I will never help anyone ever again unless it helps me outshine them in the end.

I also will never move out of the way if someone is walking in my line of sight on a sidewalk. I always keep to the right, so I shouldn't have to move anyway.

Ever since I stopped helping people I have been more successful.

That's a pretty ****ty way to go to life, but to each their own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships