Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:28 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That's a pretty ****ty way to go to life, but to each their own
Mounted the high horse, have we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I've never met a woman who was a loner or anti-social. Most women are outgoing people.
I have met several women who are loners or anti social, and women are much like men they come in all personality types and sizes.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Mounted the high horse, have we?
High horse? Nah, I just think that the type of person that wouldn't offer help to the person with a broken down car on the side of the road or a person who just dropped a stack of papers is a pretty bad person. Ive been in a lot of rough situations, and been helped by many random strangers who ask nothing in return. I always make sure to do the same.

As I said, everyone's free to live how they want.. but people like him make the world a colder and worse place.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,751,618 times
Quote:
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
I will never understand this? Even if its for sex, why is that a bad thing? Sex is a basic biological need that men have to have. Either your interested or not. Further if you do agree to sex, your not giving up anything, its suppose to be about two people sharing something. This is why i will never understand you ladies for this attitude. Ok it would be like shaming you ladies for wanting to talk for hrs(emot nd)

Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
High horse? Nah, I just think that the type of person that wouldn't offer help to the person with a broken down car on the side of the road or a person who just dropped a stack of papers is a pretty bad person. Ive been in a lot of rough situations, and been helped by many random strangers who ask nothing in return. I always make sure to do the same.

As I said, everyone's free to live how they want.. but people like him make the world a colder and worse place.
No he isn't a bad person. He doesn't hurt anyone. He lives life minding his own business. I am cut from similar cloth. There is no obligation. He didn't put anyone in those positions. He's going on with his own life. The fact that you feel the need to judge him speaks volumes about you. Those volumes aren't good either. You feel the need to help people. He doesn't and neither do I. You have no right to judge him. That makes you judge as crappy as you view him because you caught up with how other people go about their business.

Of course, everyone is free to live how they want. That's irrelevant. You say that because you can't change people so you just sit there and insult them (aka mounting the high horse) in order to make yourself feel better. Thankfully, your opinion is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Have you considered that it's people who are actually committing wrongdoings that are the people making the world a worse place? He sure as heck isn't.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:06 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,118 times
Quote:
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Good topic. Well, this mostly applies to the attractive to very attractive women because the way men look atr them and check them out and the way they flirt with them. It gets annoying to them to they think all guys are the same.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:27 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:

Did you tell her the offer of help from you has been rescinded because of her assumption that you have a less than honorable intention?

A lot of women think this way because this is how it is out in the world.
Read the threads on this forum and it will give you a better understanding.
The focus for so many is sex as the first priority then maybe getting to know someone yet they complain that they can't find a "real long term relationship".

Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Good topic. Well, this mostly applies to the attractive to very attractive women because the way men look atr them and check them out and the way they flirt with them. It gets annoying to them to they think all guys are the same.
NOT TRUE, cripes, ALL women can and do get attention for sex only or long term relationships and (gasp) even get married whether they are considered "attractive to very attractive" by the entire planet or not.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
A buddy of mine in college got up to ask a girl at another table if we could borrow the salt from it and as soon as he said hi, she said, "I have a boyfriend" without even making eye contact with him. Sometimes, women just get in the habit of treating all of the men who come within ten feet of them like they want something and it's obnoxious. I wait for a guy to disappear when it's clear sex isn't on the table before I say he only wanted sex.

Still, I can't say I've ever been randomly approached by a guy who didn't eventually hit on me in that sitting and ask me out and since most people interested in dating you would like sex to be a part of that equation, I could make a wormhole out of it and say they approached me wanting sex because they approached me hoping for something in which sex is an inevitably. That's still not the same as only wanting sex, though lol

I've met guys who undoubtedly just wanted sex (and exit stage left when it isn't going to happen). They usually try too hard, like impressing you and getting your info so they can take you out immediately is a life or death situation running on a timer. That kind of behavior makes me suspicious. Also, when guys couldn't possibly be interested in anything other than my looks/body, it's a red flag to me.

For example, if I'm walking down the street with my guitar on my back and a guy says, "Hey, you play? So do I!" I'm not going to think, "Ugh, he's just trying to get into my pants". If, however, I'm just standing there with absolutely nothing going on that could reflect my personality or interests in any way and a guy driving by pulls up to me and says, "Hey, sweetheart, how you doin'?" I'm not going to regard him as having pulled up to me because he's just being nice.

Or, guys who say hello to me and act all helpful and friendly when I'm wearing something tight that shows my curves but won't even acknowledge me if I'm covered up and wearing something loose. I won't take their interest in me when I'm showing T&A as an interest in anything other than sex or just oggling my body. That's one of the ways I weed guys out who make looks/attraction too important. How they treat me when I'm just bumming around in a tee and sweats compared to how they treat me when I'm busting out, so to speak lol

If you choose to show it then you choose it to be oogled and it is not the fault of the men who oogle.

Believe it or not if you wear something that fits just right (not too loose, not too tight) and keep all your parts more covered than uncovered you will actually get more attention.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Quote:
I know right! I stopped helping her after that smh.
And you disappeared as soon as you were informed that sex wasn't going to happen. There is a conclusion that she might have drawn from that.

She could have been more tactful and you maybe could be pleased to have the rules clearly defined right from the beginning. Men often complain that they are unreasonably expected to read minds. well, there you had it, expectations stated very clearly and that didn't suit you at all..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships