Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
Where did you give her directions to? Your bedroom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Because I am always trying to have sex with women!

However, where a lot of dudes get it wrong is that they feel they are "owed" sex in return for some trivial favor or kindness. I do my push-ups and clean-up because I would like women to want my man-sausage as breakfast in bed.

...but, if they do not, so be it! Bitterness is not an interest-bearing account. Move on.

I look at sex like a promotion at work; who's more likely to get the promotion? the guy who does his job because it's right? or the whiny ******* who complains that he should get promoted for just doing his job?

If I sound bitter, it's not at women, it's at people whining "...oh I'm a nice guy, I buy women Applebee dinners but, they won't have sex with me. WTF is wrong with women". To that I say, "No dude, WTF is wrong with -you-?"
^^

Agreed.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
And of course....

Crickets.......
I have an answer...

Tons of women go out of their way to help me with something. I don't assume that they want me to "know them."

I'm bummin and slummin, who'd want that?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
^^

Agreed.
And then you have the white knights that always come to the rescue and always make excuses for bad female behavior. That continue the cycle of craziness and bar any chance for equality or logical understanding.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
High horse? Nah, I just think that the type of person that wouldn't offer help to the person with a broken down car on the side of the road or a person who just dropped a stack of papers is a pretty bad person. Ive been in a lot of rough situations, and been helped by many random strangers who ask nothing in return. I always make sure to do the same.

As I said, everyone's free to live how they want.. but people like him make the world a colder and worse place.
He stated his reasons, but I find it rather odd compared to my situation.

When I kept to myself and had that cynical / jaded persona, that was when my life constantly was in the s---er. I've dealt with all kinds of betrayals and felt completely alone. It was when I decided to develop relationships with people whom I knew were friendly to me and give to people and organizations that are helpful was when I started seeing more success.

But yeah, when people close themselves off, the world does become colder. I only speak from experience. As a bum who hit a "rough spot", I've expected people to give the worst. While I did get some unbelievably foul treatment and experienced people act barbaric in ways which exceeded my expectations (some people will actually make up a complete lie just to turn someone against you for example and this is the tip of the iceberg), I have also had people commit acts of extreme kindness.

Recently, since I decided to reach out to someone, all of a sudden, my almost non-existent social circle expanded. Funny thing was it began expanding about as soon as I made a choice, I didn't even do anything other than maybe be at the right place at the right time.

I'm saying that there is value in helping someone. The key is to not expect anything in return. Let the fact that you helped someone be the reward in and of itself.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:07 PM

^^^ ok i can agree with that ^^^

Old 10-22-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
And then you have the white knights that always come to the rescue and always make excuses for bad female behavior. That continue the cycle of craziness and bar any chance for equality or logical understanding.
I thought the white knights were the "nice guys" who were whining about how they go out of their way to do this and that for a woman only to have her turn around and date the "jerk."

Call me a white knight if you want, but one thing about us knights is that we have swords and shields.

BTW I'm Afro American, so the correct term is "Black Knight" starring Martin Lawrence.

I haven't seen that movie in a while.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I thought the white knights were the "nice guys" who were whining about how they go out of their way to do this and that for a woman only to have her turn around and date the "jerk."

Call me a white knight if you want, but one thing about us knights is that we have swords and shields.

BTW I'm Afro American, so the correct term is "Black Knight" starring Martin Lawrence.

Lol its also a term used for guys who always have the "wemon are weaker attitude" And thus always make excuses for there behaviors or come to the rescue so they dont have to be responsible. Im native lol.

Thou i agree we need to honor and cherish our sisters. It doesn't mean they can't be held responsible for there actions.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:20 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:

As long as the knights are not in white satin, I'm okay with it.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM

207 posts, read 354,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
All people make assumptions. If anything it can be said that many men misinterpret women being friendly as some sign they are interested in them.

The girl in your class was perhaps in a situation before that colored how she viewed your intentions. Sorry but it's just life. Just like you are taking your few experiences and assuming all women think friendly men want to have sex with them. See? It's one big circle of life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships