Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:13 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times

Advertisements

Never approach a guy and say 'hi' who is just about to take a shot on a pool table - bad manner and will usually tick them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 06:16 PM

537 posts, read 769,408 times
If I think he's gay.
If he looks annoyed, angry, or upset.
If he is married.
If he looks married (e.g., wears a ring on his ring finger).
If he is with someone who looks like his partner.
If he avoids me.
If he isn't showing signs of interest (e.g., eye contact, making conversation, negative body language).
If he looks busy/like he doesn't want to be interrupted.
If he's flirting with/showing interest in someone else.
If he looks like he's interested in some sort of activity/lifestyle I am not interested in and have no intention of becoming interested in.
If he doesn't look clean (i.e., bad hygiene)....doesn't matter how cute you look under all the grime.
If he is so attractive that I'm too nervous to approach.

Lots of reasons. Not necessarily all good reasons.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanhvtnymd View Post
If I think he's gay.
If he looks annoyed, angry, or upset.
If he is married.
If he looks married (e.g., wears a ring on his ring finger).
If he is with someone who looks like his partner.
If he avoids me.
If he isn't showing signs of interest (e.g., eye contact, making conversation, negative body language).
If he looks busy/like he doesn't want to be interrupted.
If he's flirting with/showing interest in someone else.
If he looks like he's interested in some sort of activity/lifestyle I am not interested in and have no intention of becoming interested in.
If he doesn't look clean (i.e., bad hygiene)....doesn't matter how cute you look under all the grime.
If he is so attractive that I'm too nervous to approach.

Lots of reasons. Not necessarily all good reasons.
Still they are reasons.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:39 PM

173 posts, read 155,356 times
Typically it's not knowing if they are married/engaged/dating someone. It makes the approach difficult because men don't have a ring on all the time so if you approach you look like a home wrecker when that wasn't even your intention.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:42 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,099 times
As far as I can tell, women's reasons for not approaching are the same as men's reasons for not approaching.

She is too good looking to possibly be single.

Seems bitchy/witchy.

Too shy.

Rings that could be marriage related.

etc.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:45 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, this is going to be good.

Most women don't approach
I've been approached by 1 woman.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I've been approached by 1 woman.
And you are dating her.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:18 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,658 times
Ohhh this is a good juicy thread.

After seeing that he is handsome and being struck by that, I look to see whether he's wearing a ring. Next, I evaluate his style of dress and how he's behaving. Is he smiling? Is he looking at me, I wonder, while looking from the corner of my eye pretending to not notice him. Then if he lingers or I see him repeatedly around me but not approaching me (I'm the type that likes to be catered to by a man who desires me), I presume that he's either:

1. Not attracted, I move on;

2. Stalker or potential victimizer sizing me up to rob me or rape me or "knockout" suddenly;

3. undercover law enforcement or federal agent. I'm evading like OJ in the Bronco.

Other than that, I don't have reasons to avoid approaching 'cause I'm not anyway. If he sees me and is attracted, the kind of guy I want would approach me. I don't want to have to do a tap dance or force him to notice me by chasing him around and jumping in his face begging him to date me. Let a man do that to me for a change.

But if I notice an appealing man who seems to be lingering but scared to talk, a new thing I'm going to try is smiling directly at him, making eye contact and saying hello, while walking right past him without stopping unless he engages me, and wearing a sweet perfume or nicely fragranced shampoo to give him a whiff of motivation.

Then I can at least say that I made myself approachable and spoke and smiled, instead of just walking away like "chile bye".

Last edited by Yiuppy; 06-08-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 08:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
By approaching, do you mean just talk to someone like a human being? Or do you mean ask someone to dance, ask someone out on a date, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Of course if you let the women on here tell it, they all approach men, all the time.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:07 PM

540 posts, read 453,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Ohhh this is a good juicy thread.

After seeing that he is handsome and being struck by that, I look to see whether he's wearing a ring. Next, I evaluate his style of dress and how he's behaving. Is he smiling? Is he looking at me, I wonder, while looking from the corner of my eye pretending to not notice him. Then if he lingers or I see him repeatedly around me but not approaching me (I'm the type that likes to be catered to by a man who desires me), I presume that he's either:

1. Not attracted, I move on;

2. Stalker or potential victimizer sizing me up to rob me or rape me or "knockout" suddenly;

3. undercover law enforcement or federal agent. I'm evading like OJ in the Bronco.

Other than that, I don't have reasons to avoid approaching 'cause I'm not anyway. If he sees me and is attracted, the kind of guy I want would approach me. I don't want to have to do a tap dance or force him to notice me by chasing him around and jumping in his face begging him to date me. Let a man do that to me for a change.

But if I notice an appealing man who seems to be lingering but scared to talk, a new thing I'm going to try is smiling directly at him, making eye contact and saying hello, while walking right past him without stopping unless he engages me, and wearing a sweet perfume or nicely fragranced shampoo to give him a whiff of motivation.

Then I can at least say that I made myself approachable and spoke and smiled, instead of just walking away like "chile bye".
Women make the same excuses that they complain about men making. Fear. Shyness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships