Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is how it's done. This is the most effective way.
See my post did have a point.

Not at you Ruth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 09:27 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Take your own advice, any woman can ask a man out. And who am I competing with? I have a women, but that's not going to stop me from calling out the hypocrite women who like to hide behind traditional man/women roles only when its convenient and beneficial to them.
Yep, any woman can ask a man out. Many women don't. That makes many women gold diggers who hide behind a "traditional role" of preferring to be asked out by a man who desires them. You must really have something against having to ask women out to come up with that type of resentment.

Because preferring to be approached first means you're a doormat who isn't entitled to rights as a human being, and obviously is one of those submissive, dumb types who's just someone's trophy. They never should've let us vote or work for our own money if we enjoy men asking us out! Lmao

Old 06-08-2014, 09:29 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They are good ones.

I assume many are married,

1.Dressed well
2.Doesn't even make eye contact
3.The age 30+
4.Wears rings that could be a wedding ring.
5.Has a kid.
6.Types of food he buys.
7.Quiet.
8.Too goodlooking to possibly be single.
9.Dresses down (Has a woman no need to dress up)
10.Very awkward.

That is me to a tee and when i talk with woman or men at school that is the first question is are you married or have any kids.

I do not dress down and try to look my best.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Exactly!!

Getting involved in groups is a great way. For example, someone mentioned Meetup. Or a hobby group - some sort of art thing, or sports thing, or a project (some do-good thing). Going without motives or intentions is great because then you have zero pressure. You're just there to enjoy the thing, meet people, have fun.

The opposite is to be tortured by this idea that you MUST get someone ASAP, that you MUST get a date ASAP, that you MUST ask someone out ASAP, that someone MUST come on to you ASAP, and that notion that you shouldn't have to spend time getting to know people before you get a date, a lover, whatever. That's just kinda setting yourself up for suffering (I think). Slowing down and just joining things and getting to know people is the best way.

Quote:

Old 06-08-2014, 09:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
That is me to a tee and when i talk with woman or men at school that is the first question is are you married or have any kids.

I do not dress down and try to look my best.
I dress nice too.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:10 PM

540 posts, read 453,543 times
Quote:
Exactly. Dont talk to people you expect sexual attraction to...

Old 06-08-2014, 10:26 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
But I'm not scared nor shy. I just prefer men coming to me and overtly showing their attraction towards a woman. Not out of fear or shyness, but because I think that's how it should be. I want a man to make a move, put in some effort and engage me to earn my attention. It's a bit old-fashioned these days, I guess, but that's the way for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SmZC4IFAIM

There is nothing old fashioned about your view point is still pretty much the status quo except most gals are not as indignant and deluded I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Take your own advice, any woman can ask a man out. And who am I competing with? I have a women, but that's not going to stop me from calling out the hypocrite women who like to hide behind traditional man/women roles only when its convenient and beneficial to them.
This all of this. I have no issues approaching a gal, I have no issues with a gal approaching me, I do have issue with it being seen as my job with some lame "biology" explanation that is most their to convince themselves while trying to be scientific.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
I'm not usually attracted to someone with out getting to know them a bit so hitting on complete strangers just isn't something that would occur to me. I did ask complete strangers for their phone numbers before - but that was back when I was a teenager and just having fun. I have asked men out before - but they usually beat me to the punch.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:44 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
When I have approached men and told them that I like them, I always ended up feeling like the man and I didn't like that.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 PM

22 posts, read 38,795 times
- I might come on too strong
- He might misinterpret my intentions or question my motives (other than to indicate that I like what I see and would like to talk over coffee or something to see if we might hit it off)
- He might think it is unfeminine of me to pursue or slutty; in other words he might be sexist or narrow minded
- He might be married or taken
- He finds me repulsive or unattractive
- We won't be compatible
- He will be an ass to me
- He will ignore me
- He will reject me for any other reason

Basically it's a fear of rejection and that I'm not worthy to simply "choose" a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships