Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 11:24 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What I think you're missing is that you're pretty full of it and have read too much of that PUA nonsense if you believe in alpha / beta anything.

Intelligence (especially intelligence different than my own) is hot to me as a guy and hot to loads of women and men in general.
What he said. So many guys here are so completely clueless.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 AM

203 posts, read 178,406 times
double post

Old 01-12-2015, 11:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
Im not much into PUA and never have been. Alpha / Beta concepts are grounded in biology and are widely studied and recognized. Some people prefer to remain ignorant to reality though, and that's ok by me.

Fascinating. I'm a biology major (BS in wildlife and fisheries biology) with a heavy dose of zoology and animal behavior coursework. A good amount of it was genetics (as I considered vet school then), and mating systems (harems, leks, polyandry, etc... R selected vs K selected species), yet "alpha" and "beta" was never brought up that I recall.

Where did you study this biology? Maybe I should re-acquaint myself with the reproductive biology literature.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:41 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Im not much into PUA and never have been. Alpha / Beta concepts are grounded in biology and are widely studied and recognized. Some people prefer to remain ignorant to reality though, and that's ok by me.
Actually, this has been proven to be a fallacy, that it was ever associated with animal behavior.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
I've said it before but for the newbies: there's no such thing as a non-procreating alpha male anything.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:47 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I personally don't threaten women who reject me. I simply move on. I'm not a violent person.
I'm not a gold digger so therefore gold diggers do not exist.

See how that works?

The majority of men are good men but that doesn't mean that women shouldn't be careful. I've had guys put their hands all over me when I didn't want them to, I've been scared walking home, I've had a guy arrested for looking at me through my window. Like I said before - unwanted attention isn't always a good thing. It can be annoying, dangerous, or life threatening. This isn't to say that men do not experience the same thing - it just isn't as common.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Fascinating. I'm a biology major (BS in wildlife and fisheries biology) with a heavy dose of zoology and animal behavior coursework. A good amount of it was genetics (as I considered vet school then), and mating systems (harems, leks, polyandry, etc... R selected vs K selected species), yet "alpha" and "beta" was never brought up that I recall.

Where did you study this biology? Maybe I should re-acquaint myself with the reproductive biology literature.
I study biology by observing life, but of course you believe that what you've read in books is more important. Also, alpha and beta concepts are covered in detail, when it comes to many different types of animals, so Im not sure why you are all getting so hung up on it. Ill make it easy for you, when I mention alpha traits in a man, I speak of a man that is:

- comfortable in his own skin
- passionate in life, has a purpose
- composed
- driven
- has high morals and values
- is a natural leader
- problem solver
- poses a challenge
- not afraid to face his faults
-dominant
-shameless
-aggressive
-optimistic
-direct

Beta men, who are vast majority of todays male population, exhibit following traits:

- shy
- indecisive
- overly nice (nice guys)
- follower
- gives up too easily
- holds women on a pedestal
- apologizes too much
- compromises too much
- white knights
- always ashamed of his own sexuality

and a long list of others. There are plenty of scientific studies that show for example that women prefer masculine alpha men during their ovulation period, for obvious reasons. In order not to type out these lists, each and every time - I simply call them alpha and beta traits. Bookmark it now, next time youre a bit confused. Thanks

Old 01-12-2015, 11:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
I study biology by observing life, but of course you believe that what you've read in books is more important. Also, alpha and beta concepts are covered in detail, when it comes to many different types of animals, so Im not sure why you are all getting so hung up on it. Ill make it easy for you, when I mention alpha traits in a man, I speak of a man that is:

- composed
- driven
- is a natural leader
- problem solver
- poses a challenge
-dominant
-shameless
-aggressive
-optimistic
-direct

Beta men, who are vast majority of todays male population, exhibit following traits:

- shy
- indecisive
- follower
- gives up too easily
- apologizes too much
- compromises too much
- white knights

and a long list of others. In order not to type out these lists, each and every time - I simply call them alpha and beta traits. Bookmark it now, next time youre a bit confused. Thanks
Are there any other words that you have made up your own definitions for that we should know about?

Old 01-12-2015, 11:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:

- composed
- driven
- is a natural leader
- problem solver
- poses a challenge
-dominant
-shameless
-aggressive
-optimistic
-direct

- shy
- indecisive
- follower
- gives up too easily
- apologizes too much
- compromises too much
- white knights

and a long list of others. In order not to type out these lists, each and every time - I simply call them alpha and beta traits. Bookmark it now, next time youre a bit confused. Thanks

Ah, so you haven't studied biology. Got it. Nor are your beliefs really supported by the biological research literature on species mating, it is just what you want to believe in your head. Got it.

And amazingly, most everyone in this world is a mix of a lot of different traits that come out in different situations and almost no one falls into any just one category. You're seeing what you want to see to validate your own pre-determined beliefs. There isn't any real objective scientific basis for it. This is especially highlighted by the use of the term "too much". What is "too much"? Oh, they're "beta" when you think that it is "too much". It isn't objective or scientific, it is just your beliefs and attempts at labeling others.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm not a gold digger so therefore gold diggers do not exist.

See how that works?

The majority of men are good men but that doesn't mean that women shouldn't be careful. I've had guys put their hands all over me when I didn't want them to, I've been scared walking home, I've had a guy arrested for looking at me through my window. Like I said before - unwanted attention isn't always a good thing. It can be annoying, dangerous, or life threatening. This isn't to say that men do not experience the same thing - it just isn't as common.
Its actually a lot more common. Men are far more prone to be attacked / assaulted while out in public. Maybe we should teach all men not to be violent, because as we all know, they are inherently violent, aggressive and evil. Feminism bah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships