Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 09:03 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post

This post appears to be the most charitable view of MGTOW in this thread thus far from an "outsider". It is sometimes asked why do MGTOW keep talking about women if they are going their own way. To that question, I would like to offer these thoughts:..................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
+1 perfect description of MGTOW.
Except that we have visited their site and have read their advice and opinions and blogs.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:28 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,758 times
The best thing is to be open...if it´s for you...you wil get there.

But marriage is a choice, an option, and often a very big decision, not for everybody.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,035,584 times
Out of morbid curiosity I read some posts on a "mgtow" site. Good God. So many men saying women are worthless, stupid, inferior to men in every way and only exist because of their reproductive organs. This is what they say about their mothers, sisters, nieces, and possibly, daughters. Pretty sick mindset.

Luckily, they also seem content to just cheer each other on via the internet and not interact too much with decent, intelligent, mentally healthy people.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:06 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
If women didn't opt out when things were tilted toward men then why would men opt out now?
It's called a tantrum.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:13 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Out of morbid curiosity I read some posts on a "mgtow" site. Good God. So many men saying women are worthless, stupid, inferior to men in every way and only exist because of their reproductive organs. This is what they say about their mothers, sisters, nieces, and possibly, daughters. Pretty sick mindset.
That's the sad thing about the whole "movement." If it really were about guys positively supporting each other for doing their own thing outside of societal and familial expectations, great! Have at it. But there's this underlying layer of misogyny and bad social science and even hate speech that's just not at all cool.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 02-10-2016 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's the sad thing about the whole "movement." If it really was about guys supporting each other for doing their own thing outside of societal and familial expectations, great! Have at it. But there's this underlying layer of misogyny and bad social science and even hate speech that's just not at all cool.
They complain about lunatics like Andrea Dworkin and the whole "every man's a rapist" b.s. line of thinking, but I don't see where their attitude toward women is any different in its presumptions.

Bottom line is that these are guys who feel entitled to things they haven't earned, whether it's respect or a spot in a desirable woman's life. They write, and therefore most likely behave, like jackasses. It's a giant circle jerk of bitter douchebags and social misfits who have no concept of women as humans. Quite simply, they hate what they so desperately want and need, and they aren't man enough to own and correct their own circumstances.

Attaboys. You want to go your own way? Don't walk. I'll pay for your cab.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:45 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,000,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post

Luckily, they also seem content to just cheer each other on via the internet and not interact too much with decent, intelligent, mentally healthy people.
I fully agree, and hopefully they went their own way long before they reproduced!

Old 02-10-2016, 10:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's the sad thing about the whole "movement." If it really were about guys positively supporting each other for doing their own thing outside of societal and familial expectations, great! Have at it. But there's this underlying layer of misogyny and bad social science and even hate speech that's just not at all cool.
It's not even underlying. Those that are saying that it's not about putting down or hating women are in serious denial.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Anytime you are putting others down, in order to make yourself feel better............ you need to take a good hard look at yourself and make some changes.

Doesn't matter if it's gender, race, religion or anything else.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 11:32 AM

204 posts, read 145,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Except that we have visited their site and have read their advice and opinions and blogs.
Their site? Like just one? Like its their headquarters? There are myriads of websites. Did I not explain there is no organization, no structure? There, now I have said it twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.