Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 04:49 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
And do you think that the things the women have said here is exactly how they would say them in person? Hope they don't.

I hope they do. More women should call men out when they're patronizing or mainsplain things.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:49 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've yet to see a modern/current divorce law that specifies gender in it. Maybe there are some backwards states that still have that terminology (heck there were sodomy laws in parts of the U.S. up until a few years back), but I haven't seen one. Anyone have one?
I've never seen one either. I was just looking at a copy of my parents divorce papers from 1967 and gender was not mentioned in them either. It was before "no fault divorce" and is a pretty interesting document. She was a SAHM of 3 children, no education, no career, and didn't get awarded any alimony although my dad was required to pay child support. I'm not sure if he did or didn't because my mother never spoke of it to us. After the divorce, she worked multiple low-paying jobs and we went on welfare, so I think maybe he didn't.

Every credible study I've seen has shown that even when marital assets are split 50/50 in a divorce, the person who has primary custody of the children always fares much worse. The non-custodial parent has the financial advantage.

Here's a short article from legalzoom.com that explains what I have seen happen in my life and others:
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/m...r-in-a-divorce

Old 02-10-2016, 05:06 PM

204 posts, read 145,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Specific to MGTOW.com (the website). Is it a resource you recommend or decline? Does it represent your personal views?
Thank you for your question. It's 4pm here and I have a dinner date at 5 so I have to logoff. I will come back later and talk to you. If this site won't let me edit this exact post when I come back then I'll add a new one.

Thank you.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:50 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
Thank you for your question. It's 4pm here and I have a dinner date at 5 so I have to logoff. I will come back later and talk to you. If this site won't let me edit this exact post when I come back then I'll add a new one.

Thank you.
Can you answer my question as well.

I don't care if people want to go their own way. It's the impression that the movement lumps all women into one hivemind and ascribe certain behaviors to women that I dislike, so I'm wondering if that's really your take on going your own way.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:04 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I don't care if people want to go their own way. It's the impression that the movement lumps all women into one hivemind and ascribe certain behaviors to women that I dislike, so I'm wondering if that's really your take on going your own way.

This is kinda were my question was headed as well. I'm trying to figure if MGTOW.com (the website) is a representation of those identified with the "movement"... and if they agree with sylvianfisher's views.

Being a layman in this topic, of course I googled... and the first hit was MGTOW.com. However I realize that it may be the views of a single individual or a smaller group rather than a representation of the wider. Especially after the post regarding that there is no "headquarters". Perhaps a lot of the conflicting thoughts I (and others) are having are due to mixing "Men Going Their Own Way" with "M-G-T-O-W.com"

Old 02-10-2016, 06:12 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
I think the whole movement that the OP is talking about is the result of bitter, angry, defeated men.

Based on that, no I don't plan on joining the club.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:27 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I think the whole movement that the OP is talking about is the result of bitter, angry, defeated men.

Based on that, no I don't plan on joining the club.

Good for you. I think that those guys are sad, not because they choose to bow out of the dating world, it's because they feel rejected and are bitter and most likely don't like women. One can live a single life without having to shout from the rooftops about it. Just don't date women, plain and simple. I find it to be a sad life without women, but that's just me.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:59 PM

708 posts, read 824,328 times
I read up on this Mgtow stuff after seeing it mentioned here and came across a discussion about a case where a man spent one year with court proceedings after he was accused of sexual assault after walking passed a woman. The case can be found here. He could have gone to jail for walking by a woman!

Quote:
A commuter has been cleared of sexually assaulting a well-known actress after a jury rejected claims the crime could have taken place in a brief half-second contact in a busy railway station.

In the above case, they even tried to slow down the CCTV footage to make it look like he spent more time walking near the woman. The site also talked about the dangers of all sorts of things I'd never even considered.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
I read up on this Mgtow stuff after seeing it mentioned here and came across a discussion about a case where a man spent one year with court proceedings after he was accused of sexual assault after walking passed a woman. The case can be found here. He could have gone to jail for walking by a woman!

In the above case, they even tried to slow down the CCTV footage to make it look like he spent more time walking near the woman. The site also talked about the dangers of all sorts of things I'd never even considered.
I read the link and that is pretty scary! But it seems more of a famous celebrity picking on the little guy kind of thing or rich and powerful thinking they are better than the rest of us more so than anything else to me.

Evidence was pretty clear and he was cleared. He didn't almost go to jail. He was accused and cleared. The problem was how long it all for him took. That's the real lack of justice. The article never explains why it took so long. I am glad he was cleared. At least the jury had some common sence.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:43 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I read the link and that is pretty scary! But it seems more of a famous celebrity picking on the little guy kind of thing or rich and powerful thinking they are better than the rest of us more so than anything else to me.

Evidence was pretty clear and he was cleared. He didn't almost go to jail. He was accused and cleared. The problem was how long it all for him took. That's the real lack of justice. The article never explains why it took so long. I am glad he was cleared. At least the jury had some common sence.
And that makes it better?

Good chance he would have gone to jail without the CCTV evidence.

She should be in jail right now for slander and for a false rape accusation, but of course, she'll end up getting off scot free. She gives women that have REALLY been raped a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships