Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 04:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Specific to MGTOW.com (the website). Is it a resource you recommend or decline? Does it represent your personal views?
It has audio on its home page. And dancing bologna. Yuck.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
That's not true. In Post #276 I spelled it out, how to look for things online. And that was in response to criticism, as if their inabilities are my problem.

Someone called me a turd here. That, I won't respond to.
This made me laugh so hard as the image popped into my mind of a supercilious little middle school dweeb who faces down the school bullies with antiquated references and rapier-like barbs!

Old 02-10-2016, 04:10 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,315 times
Quote:
FWIW, the few references to tone in this thread are received by me as unnecessary as they detract from the point being made. I am sure other men also do not prioritize tone.

To answer your question, I don't interpret MGTOW as all about saying women ignore men, except to the specific and historical complaint that women overlook the nice guys and prefer the bad boys. It's a response to things where women have exactly not ignored men but have fed off of men in wrongful ways. Issues come to mind like the divorce laws in the USA as tilted against men, where everyone knows the game that is being played there.

Thank you.
Divorce laws are the way they are because, historically, women would be gravely damaged by divorces. Do you understand that as recently as the 80s, divorced women found themselves without credit and raising kids by themselves after losing their husband's income? Many of these women had no careers to fall back on. People who rail against feminism don't seem to understand that women really haven't enjoyed the so-called benefits of being treated as "first class citizens" for very long. I don't agree with the type of way of radicalized feminism that blames everything on men, but I also want people to realize the need for a movement in the first place.

I realize that divorce laws in many states need to be rewritten, but that argument should be against the courts, not an entire gender.

The MGTOW movement seems to not treat women as equals or individuals. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Respectfully, you have no insight. If you were not so passive enough as to expect to be served so fully in one try, you would realize you can search other ways, such as the phrase "going your own way". You can also use more than one search engine. You can also visit sites like youtube and search that acronym. The youtube autocomplete offers many choices, at least in my browser.

You don't try. You expect to be spoon-fed. Remember, I said there is no organization. You cannot expect to be spoon-fed as you are used to. No organization. Don't you understand? How can I shake you free of your hypnosis?

I didn't try, because I don't care to, I was just pointing out the blatant idiocy of your statement.

I'd rather read information that might actually be informative or entertaining, other than some dudes that have issues with women for whatever lame reasons they want to come up with. I think women are awesome, enough of them are anyway. My life would be lousy without the women I have in my life. I'm thankful for them.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Divorce laws are the way they are because, historically, women would be gravely damaged by divorces.

I've yet to see a modern/current divorce law that specifies gender in it. Maybe there are some backwards states that still have that terminology (heck there were sodomy laws in parts of the U.S. up until a few years back), but I haven't seen one. Anyone have one?

Old 02-10-2016, 04:28 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've yet to see a modern/current divorce law that specifies gender in it. Maybe there are some backwards states that still have that terminology (heck there were sodomy laws in parts of the U.S. up until a few years back), but I haven't seen one. Anyone have one?
I think it's more about the judges who impose the laws but there are some states like TX that tend to favor the woman regardless . I have some friends whose wives really raked them over the coals despite making much more money.

Even when it's not gender specific, the person who makes less is usually going to be entitled to alimony, which leads us down the rabbit hole of women often making less money or staying home to raise kids, etc. etc.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:29 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,906 times
Quote:
That's not true. In Post #276 I spelled it out, how to look for things online. And that was in response to criticism, as if their inabilities are my problem.

Someone called me a turd here. That, I won't respond to.

What is true is that I am not repeating MGTOW information that your members can find out for themselves if they would only apply themselves. Much of the information is complicated and I likely would not do it justice to start over with it here. They came to this thread freely. They can leave if they are dissatisfied. But, they linger and take pot shots, revealing their lesser selves.

Have you not noticed the intellectualism, or lack of it? There are plenty of ways to misunderstand someone and only one or two ways to understand. I am no fool to present MGTOW details here when it would be fodder for the silly women who love love love to miss the point so that they can feel they have the upper hand. I came here to straighten out a few misconceptions, not to set up a remote MGTOW outpost. And then the petty people opened their mouths. I keep appealing to their higher intellect and they keep failing me. What you see me doing in my responses here is trying to get people past their wrongful habitual ways of their own thinking before we might tackle the meaty stuff. If they can't maturely handle thus far what you call no actual information, then you must agree that they have been taking pot shots with no actual information from me. It was obvious to me that they have been playing word games with me. That is the intellectual level where they live.

My only gain here is hoping that any lurker has been improved to any degree. The smart ones are quieter. I have now acknowledged the agenda that was requested in Post #141. The smarter ones improve. The lesser ones enable me to improve the smarter ones.
How would anyone be improved by reading mgtow crap?

Old 02-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I think it's more about the judges who impose the laws but there are some states like TX that tend to favor the woman regardless . I have some friends whose wives really raked them over the coals despite making much more money.

Even when it's not gender specific, the person who makes less is usually going to be entitled to alimony, which leads us down the rabbit hole of women often making less money or staying home to raise kids, etc. etc.

Laws and application of laws by specific court systems are different issues entirely.

And alimony is so uncommon it isn't funny, last time I did that math there was roughly, according to the most recent stats I could find, about a 6% chance of having to pay alimony if you get married (either party). Roughly 1 in 20. Hardly onerous or intimidating.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:43 PM

204 posts, read 145,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm a dude, but you are one patronizing bleep. I'm surprised you don't get decked if you speak to people like this.

And do you think that the things the women have said here is exactly how they would say them in person? Hope they don't.

You wrote blatant idiocy in your other post. How is that better than patronizing? I have never called anyone an idiot.

I know you are a dude. I'm glad you brought this up. Actually, in person, I am one of the most tactful and diplomatic people you will meet. I never talk as bluntly as I have done online for this issue. The reason I do it is because I am trying to be exact in the words I choose on this very misunderstood issue. If I go for style points, it adds just enough to the explanation that people miss my point even more than they do and they fracture off into coffee talk. Not good. I make a decision to talk plainly. Er, bluntly. It's not to this thread's credit that people never discover a softer me but when you look at how I am being spoken to, or look at the emotionally-driven things that people say, the last thing I ever want to do is reply in that manner. That's the wrong direction to go in life. Personal opinion, that. It leaves me with the rep I have created.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-10-2016 at 04:51 PM..

Old 02-10-2016, 04:44 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I went to the mgtow.com website.

Rant about companies not treating them fairly, same with women, same with the churches..... I stopped there. I hate whiny people. It makes you want to say "man up" or, as that is one of the things the rail against "grow up."

The mission statement:

M.G.T.O.W – Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: “No”. Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a “man” is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn’t.

Yeah, I'm fine with that, except whining about the world not wanting them to behave that way.

I guess this is the Cosmo version for men? "You GO guy! You're the best! Be who you want to be!"

Okay.

I went in the forum, not much discussion. A lot of linking to blogs and articles.

All the men I know are basically that way already. But they care about their partner and kids. My BIL has become somewhat of the house husband, due to how their jobs are. He became quite the domestic diva doing home projects. The dude crafted his own vest for a theme party. It was AMAZING. He also renovated a truck. He is totally happy.

Most couples I know are happy. Everyone works out the role with their spouse, and they do what they do.

If guys need a pat on the back, I guess MGTOW works for them.

I feel that the current generation is generally whiny and has their hand out. "Why didn't I get a prize?" type of stuff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships