Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 03:34 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, go your own way! We aren't going to stop you! There are plenty of good men to go around. I promise you that we won't miss you.

I really don't understand MGTOW posts. Is the point to recruit and let other guys know..... what ? that other guys think women are giving them a bad time? or..... I really don't understand it.

I stopped dating before..... I didn't need to go read how to do it, I didn't need to know other women were doing it....

Is it to let the women know what's happening? That makes some sense, as no one would have noticed on their own.

Heck, I can understand advocating for men's rights, especially in the court system. It used to be women who got the short end of the stick in court, now it swung back too far against men. But making Youtube videos and creating a He Man Woman Haters Club is not going to affect any change.

All sylvanfisher does is tell everyone they don't understand it, but he adds no actual information to the discussion. He faults how people search without providing an alternative.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 03:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
So we have a thread about men going their own way...

In order to have such a discussion about anything worth while, it is logical that you would needs someone to participate in the discussion who is familiar with the movement.

Yet.... we tell them to go away?

While I don't agree with MGTOW (although I see basis for some of it).... but let him explain/discuss.
What's to discuss? I think it's pretty self explanatory? Just do a simple search.

They want to GO THEIR OWN WAY. How is letting them do so a bad thing?

Old 02-10-2016, 03:39 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
What's to discuss? I think it's pretty self explanatory? Just do a simple search.

They want to GO THEIR OWN WAY. How is letting them do so a bad thing?
Distraction!

Still doesn't mean that we should simply tell the poster to go away because of his attempts to explain exactly what this thread is about.

If it is so simple, then why are people still discussing.... we should all just go away right? Not just the one side that doesn't agree with specific views.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Distraction!

Still doesn't mean that we should simply tell the poster to go away because of his attempts to explain exactly what this thread is about.

If it is so simple, then why are people still discussing.... we should all just go away right? Not just the one side that doesn't agree with specific views.
This thread isn't about understanding men who go their own way or men who hate women or men who blame women for everything. This thread was a question - do you think more men will go their own way in the near future. No, I don't. The only reason that people are still discussing it is because there are a few men who are trying to convince us that this is a good thing for men and probably that women are to blame and will be hurt and upset by it. And the thing is - I just don't care. The men that I know in my life are awesome. My husband is awesome. They think I'm pretty awesome. If a few outliers decide to blame all the evil in the world on women - that's totally fine as long as they aren't physically hurting anyone - but why on earth do you think we would want to discuss it?

You don't have to like my posts. I'm okay with that. You can tell me what you think I should post but you really can't control what I decide to post.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:47 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,443,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
No, you do not have to agree with me. You do have to show that you are not one of these people who keep shifting to a new thought just to keep a pretense of the upper hand. That is annoying but it seems everybody does it in these forums. That stuff is indeed a waste of my time. I think people here are pre-emptive in what they say, trying to steer clear of whatever they think is coming, and they do this at the expense of the current moment. If one can break free of that habit, it would help.

Does any woman here actually believe I am trying to talk her into accepting the things that MGTOW men say? That's laughable. Especially because I know that MGTOW doesn't care what you think.

So, don't fight against an outcome that is not going to happen here. Instead, recognize this as an opportunity to listen, perhaps chat, even if you are not pleased that my manner is not presented with pretty bows. You're big enough in character. I gotta believe that.
Actually, no, she doesn't HAVE to do a damn thing.

If we're all wasting your precious time, please, feel free to move on to your non-organized, non-centralized little "group." Your type won't be missed.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
You're doing it again, and the repetition of it is part of a problem. You ego will not let you relax. I bet you are not used to a man telling you that you have an ego. Boy have I stepped in it now.

I'm a dude, but you are one patronizing bleep. I'm surprised you don't get decked if you speak to people like this.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
And the thing is - I just don't care. The men that I know in my life are awesome. My husband is awesome. They think I'm pretty awesome. If a few outliers decide to blame all the evil in the world on women - that's totally fine as long as they aren't physically hurting anyone - but why on earth do you think we would want to discuss it?
No one is forcing you to discuss.

Again.. telling someone to go away because you don't agree or like their posts has nothing to do with your views or that you have a happy relationship with your husband (good for you!). That's just all a distraction.

He is not posting anything vile nor trolling nor hateful nor hurtful.... just let him post and challenge him.

I happen to be reading that poster's posts and find the view interesting (even if I don't agree).

Old 02-10-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
No one is forcing you to discuss.

Again.. telling someone to go away because you don't agree or like their posts has nothing to do with your views or that you have a happy relationship with your husband (good for you!). That's just all a distraction.

He is not posting anything vile nor trolling nor hateful nor hurtful.... just let him post and challenge him.

I happen to be reading that poster's posts and find the view interesting (even if I don't agree).
I told him to GO HIS OWN WAY because that's what he wants to do. I didn't say GO AWAY. I said GO YOUR OWN WAY.

Can you move on or do you still want to lecture me?

Old 02-10-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I infer you are trying to indicate you have no control over your own conclusions but that what you believe is driven by the arbitrary algorithmic results of the search engine of your choice.
Specific to MGTOW.com (the website). Is it a resource you recommend or decline? Does it represent your personal views?

Old 02-10-2016, 04:02 PM

204 posts, read 145,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
All sylvanfisher does is tell everyone they don't understand it, but he adds no actual information to the discussion. He faults how people search without providing an alternative.
That's not true. In Post #276 I spelled it out, how to look for things online. And that was in response to criticism, as if their inabilities are my problem.

Someone called me a turd here. That, I won't respond to.

What is true is that I am not repeating MGTOW details that your members can find out for themselves if they would only apply themselves. Much of the information is complicated and I likely would not do it justice to start over with it here. They came to this thread freely. They can leave if they are dissatisfied. But, they linger and take pot shots, revealing their lesser selves.

Have you not noticed the intellectualism, or lack of it? There are plenty of ways to misunderstand someone and only one or two ways to understand. I am no fool to present MGTOW details here when it would be fodder for the silly women who love love love to miss the point so that they can feel they have the upper hand. I came here only to straighten out a few misconceptions, not to set up a remote MGTOW outpost. And then the petty people opened their mouths. I keep appealing to their higher intellect and they keep failing me. What you see me doing in my responses here is trying to get people past their wrongful habitual ways of their own thinking before we might tackle the meaty stuff. If they can't maturely handle thus far what you call no actual information, then you must agree that they have been taking pot shots with no actual information from me. It was obvious to me that they have been playing word games with me. That is the intellectual level where they live.

My only gain here is hoping that any lurker has been improved to any degree. The smart ones are quieter. I have now acknowledged the agenda that was requested in Post #141. The smarter ones improve. The lesser ones enable me to improve the smarter ones.

Thank you.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-10-2016 at 04:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships