Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 11:34 AM

204 posts, read 145,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Out of morbid curiosity I read some posts on a "mgtow" site. Good God. So many men saying women are worthless, stupid, inferior to men in every way and only exist because of their reproductive organs. This is what they say about their mothers, sisters, nieces, and possibly, daughters. Pretty sick mindset.

Luckily, they also seem content to just cheer each other on via the internet and not interact too much with decent, intelligent, mentally healthy people.
You are not alone in your reaction. You are reading of men that are processing.

Women certainly are quite ok when women manifest as they process. Yet, not ok when men do it. Why be sexist in your application, ladies, except that it comforts you to do so? Why the double-standard? Because it serves you to have one.

Women can get ok with MGTOW as well, if they chose to realize what they see.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post

Women certainly are quite ok when women manifest as they process. Yet, not ok when men do it. Why be sexist in your application, ladies, except that it comforts you to do so? Why the double-standard? Because it serves you to have one.

I can "get ok" with thinking I (and my mom and my friends and my nieces) am worthless and stupid? Uh no, I can't.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:58 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
I haven't been to any of their sites, so my earlier "charitable" post was based solely on the impressions I've gotten here on CD. I've never heard of MGTOW outside of this forum nor do I know anyone personally who subscribes to their views.

Their concerns are not my concerns. They've chosen to either remove themselves from the playing field or not step onto the playing field at all. That's okay, we all know that without losers, there wouldn't be any winners.

I do like to think that for many men, it's a process (of growth), driven by heartache and pain, like sylvianfisher says, and that most men will work through it eventually. I'm an optimist that way.

As far as more and more men "opting out" permanently, that's okay, I don't think it will ever be a real concern to women. There are too many emotionally healthy, young virile men out there, eager and capable of loving women. They will happily pick up the slack. And besides, it takes very few men (remember Genghis Khan?) to continue perpetuating the human species.

It's a non-issue.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:05 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Their site? Like just one? Like its their headquarters? There are myriads of websites. Did I not explain there is no organization, no structure? There, now I have said it twice.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...LS.LqTI1X8PAY-

Old 02-10-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I can "get ok" with thinking I (and my mom and my friends and my nieces) am worthless and stupid? Uh no, I can't.
You missed the point on purpose.

If you chose to, you can get ok with the idea that people process and it isn't always pretty to witness. We see plenty of women who process unkind things about men and we understand it. Been going on for years.

I never asked you to agree with the content of what you see. I asked you to correctly understand its existence.

Why do you offer only a viewpoint that keeps conflict alive here? Why is that your first-choice response? Why do I have to pursue your intellect but you resist me when I do?

MGTOW is a response to this behavior.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-10-2016 at 12:54 PM..

Old 02-10-2016, 12:53 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:

If you chose to, you can get ok with the idea that people process and it isn't always pretty to witness. We see plenty of women who process unkind things about men and we understand it. Been going on for years.

Why do you offer only a viewpoint that keeps conflict alive here? Why is that your first-choice response? Why do I have to pursue your intellect but you fight me when I do?

A bunch of men virtually high-fiving one another when one claims their mothers/sisters/daughters are worthless idiots is a "response" to me saying such men are damaged?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:

I never asked you to agree with the content of what you see. I asked you to correctly understand its existence.

Why do you offer only a viewpoint that keeps conflict alive here? Why is that your first-choice response? Why do I have to pursue your intellect but you fight me when I do?

So MGTOW is an intellectual exercise?

Oy vey.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:56 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
Quote:

I'm okay with them taking themselves out of the gene pool, yes. I'm okay with them going so far their own way they fall off a cliff. The world isn't going to miss these people. The species will survive without them. Really.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So MGTOW is an intellectual exercise?

Oy vey.
If enough of them pool their resources, their collective IQ might one day reach 100.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

I infer you are trying to indicate you have no control over your own conclusions but that what you believe is driven by the arbitrary algorithmic results of the search engine of your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships