Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
No, you do not have to agree with me. You do have to show that you are not one of these people who keep shifting to a new thought just to keep a pretense of the upper hand. That is annoying but it seems everybody does it in these forums. That stuff is indeed a waste of my time. I think people here are pre-emptive in what they say, trying to steer clear of whatever they think is coming, and they do this at the expense of the current moment. If one can break free of that habit, it would help.

Does any woman here actually believe I am trying to talk her into accepting the things that MGTOW men say? That's laughable. Especially because I know that MGTOW doesn't care what you think.

So, don't fight against an outcome that is not going to happen here. Instead, recognize this as an opportunity to listen, perhaps chat, even if you are not pleased that my manner is not presented with pretty bows. You're big enough in character. I gotta believe that.

So basically, I should listen to the reasons as to why a bunch of malcontents and misanthropes hate all women, and consider their mothers/sisters/daughters worthless? Not only listen, but reflect upon the "fact" that I am probably the reason why they think this way?

Yeah, that seems like a good way to spend one's free time. Almost as good as screaming (or rather, "typing") into the wind about how I am "going my own way".

Old 02-10-2016, 01:55 PM

204 posts, read 145,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Truly going your own way does not involve doing it in a group, making websites or posting about it in a forum for relationships.

You have no idea what I've "gone my own way" on. Why? Because I went on my way. No talking about, no getting others to agree with me................
I wrote an entire paragraph to your point, in Post #245.

Don't get hung up on those four words. Were you the one at the party who, while everyone was dancing and having a good time, spent most of the evening at the refreshments table, trying to tell everyone who passed by that the crystal punch bowl was not actually crystal? Was that you?

Don't get hung up on the phrase.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-10-2016 at 02:25 PM..

Old 02-10-2016, 01:58 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
No, you do not have to agree with me. You do have to show that you are not one of these people who keep shifting to a new thought just to keep a pretense of the upper hand. That is annoying but it seems everybody does it in these forums. That stuff is indeed a waste of my time. I think people here are pre-emptive in what they say, trying to steer clear of whatever they think is coming, and they do this at the expense of the current moment. If one can break free of that habit, it would help.

Does any woman here actually believe I am trying to talk her into accepting the things that MGTOW men say? That's laughable. Especially because I know that MGTOW doesn't care what you think.

So, don't fight against an outcome that is not going to happen here. Instead, recognize this as an opportunity to listen, perhaps chat, even if you are not pleased that my manner is not presented with pretty bows. You're big enough in character. I gotta believe that.
What you are trying to talk us into accepting is that we dont see and understand the words and blatant tone we read from not only the official MGTOW site but every poster and supporter of the MGTOW movement. Your gaslighting techniques, while entertaining, are wasted here.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So basically, I should listen to the reasons as to why a bunch of malcontents and misanthropes hate all women, and consider their mothers/sisters/daughters worthless? Not only listen, but reflect upon the "fact" that I am probably the reason why they think this way?

Yeah, that seems like a good way to spend one's free time. Almost as good as screaming (or rather, "typing") into the wind about how I am "going my own way".
You're doing it again, and the repetition of it is part of a problem. You ego will not let you relax. I bet you are not used to a man telling you that you have an ego. Boy have I stepped in it now.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:07 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
This is like arguing all feminist and supporters are radicals and extremists.
That's not the case at all, unfortunately those who are the most exteme and loud are the only ones being heard and argued with and blanketing things as something toxic and negative to all who happen to cross its path.

Meh...

Men's rights, women's rights it's all the same crap at the end of the day.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:10 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
I am not, because most human beings have egos. It's not something really noteworthy. It's also never been said to me that I have skin or a reliance on food and water, or a birthday, either. Weird.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I am not, because most human beings have egos. It's not something really noteworthy. It's also never been said to me that I have skin or a reliance on food and water, or a birthday, either. Weird.
You're right. We all have egos. I meant that you have an ego problem.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
In my experience the men who say they're part of this movement speak to many of the same issues, and in the same tone or style. The thesis seems to be that women have too much power and are wielding this power unreasonably, and men who aren't extraordinary suffer as a result. The tone is petulant.

So add to my experience. What is MGTOW if it's not men flouncing off and loudly proclaiming that they're ignoring the women who first ignored them?

FWIW, the few references to tone in this thread are received by me as unnecessary as they detract from the point being made. I am sure other men also do not prioritize tone.

To answer your question, I don't interpret MGTOW as all about saying women ignore men, except to the specific and historical complaint that women overlook the nice guys and prefer the bad boys. It's a response to things where women have exactly not ignored men but have fed off of men in wrongful ways. Issues come to mind like the divorce laws in the USA as tilted against men, where everyone knows the game that is being played there.

Thank you.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
FWIW, the few references to tone in this thread are received by me as unnecessary as they detract from the point being made. I am sure other men also do not prioritize tone.

To answer your question, I don't interpret MGTOW as all about saying women ignore men, except to the specific and historical complaint that women overlook the nice guys and prefer the bad boys. It's a response to things where women have exactly not ignored men but have fed off of men in wrongful ways. Issues come to mind like the divorce laws in the USA as tilted against men, where everyone knows the game that is being played there.

Thank you.
So, go your own way! We aren't going to stop you! There are plenty of good men to go around. I promise you that we won't miss you.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:33 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
So we have a thread about men going their own way...

In order to have such a discussion about anything worth while, it is logical that you would needs someone to participate in the discussion who is familiar with the movement.

Yet.... we tell them to go away?

While I don't agree with MGTOW (although I see basis for some of it).... I say let him explain/discuss. If you disagree, say so and challenge him.. it is all part of the discussion. Its not like he is attempting to brainwash anyone here or threatening anyone for not accepting his views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships