Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,487,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
And that makes it better?

Good chance he would have gone to jail without the CCTV evidence.

She should be in jail right now for slander and for a false rape accusation, but of course, she'll end up getting off scot free. She gives women that have REALLY been raped a bad name.
No of course it doesn't make it better. Im not sure how you got that out of my post. I'm just saying I bet if it was just some random woman it most likely wouldn't have gotten that far. Or if you reversed the roles and it was plain Jane woman and some famous actor with a grudge that it would be the same. Powerful people with a chip on their shoulder can make life miserable for the little guy. People like this actress are just plain evil people! I agree that people who make these kinds of false accusations should be punished somehow. They are in the US as you can be prosecuted for filing a false police report. Not sure how they do it in the UK or if they do.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:01 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,059,580 times
The online "MGTOW" community are not men that are truly "going their own way". Men that are truly doing this usually do it without any fanfare. There have been plenty of men that have done this in the past (Tesla is one off the top of my head. President James Buchanon is another). I don't think more men are doing this than in previous generations.

Most guys on that forum are not true MGTOW and think of women very often. They have strong emotions, in many cases due to betrayal. They have significant anger and are very bitter, as opposed to apathetic (which is what they would be if they truly didn't care).

Old 02-10-2016, 09:09 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,487,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
The online "MGTOW" community are not men that are truly "going their own way". Men that are truly doing this usually do it without any fanfare. There have been plenty of men that have done this in the past (Tesla is one off the top of my head. President James Buchanon is another). I don't think more men are doing this than in previous generations.

Most guys on that forum are not true MGTOW and think of women very often. They have strong emotions, in many cases due to betrayal. They have significant anger and are very bitter, as opposed to apathetic (which is what they would be if they truly didn't care).

Your post got me thinking of a famous men who never married. First one that came to mind for me was Issac Newton! But there are many others too. The Wright brothers never married and neither did Beethoven. I sometimes wonder if the lack of distraction of wife and family is what helped lead them to greatness. It's not a path for everyone, but it worked for them and perhaps humanity in general because of their accomplishments.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:13 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,123,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I realize that divorce laws in many states need to be rewritten, but that argument should be against the courts, not an entire gender.

The MGTOW movement seems to not treat women as equals or individuals. Correct me if I'm wrong.
MGTOW stresses how marriage is rigged more than anything. It may attract misogynists but thats not the point. The problem with giving a lot of cash handouts like alimony is it encourages bad behavior from a lot of people. Even though I agree with the principle of welfare and SNAP in general (to prevent mass starvation), its hard to argue that these programs don't encourage unemployment in people with low earning potential or general apathy.

Likewise having huge cash payout abilities from divorce encourages women to divorce. And they do file somewhere between 66-75% of the time. Interestingly, in the case of cohabiting couples without this legal binding contract men and women inititate about 50% of splits each.

If the coin was flipped and men always got to keep the house, the kids, and got a nice monthly check from their spouse regardless of the reason for divorce, more men would be pushing for marriage and divorcing. As per usual involving government regulation in peoples personal lives actually is causing more problems than it fixes.

I tell men if theyre religious to get married within your religious denomination. But signing that contract with the US government is a dumb idea, unless you have an iron clad lawyer reviewed prenup or your spouse makes significantly more money (and can be kept from opting out of the workforce to "raise children" after pregnancy).

Old 02-10-2016, 09:14 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,182,641 times
Re: MGTOW, I think this whole "movement" is ridiculous. And, again, don't lump all guys who are happily single as being part of this "club" or "group". Just because I don't want to get married or start a family, that doesn't mean I dislike women - quite the opposite.

Here's the way I feel about this "club" and any other "club" for that matter:

"I would never want to be a member of a club that would accept someone like me as a member." - Groucho Marx (paraphrased)

Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,023,106 times
It's weird, guys keep citing that women get all this alimony.

In the (admittedly few) situations I am aware of, there is no alimony. The women work and make good money, so for divorce they basically split up the marital assets. Child support is to support your children so that doesn't count.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 09:36 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,123,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

In the (admittedly few) situations I am aware of, there is no alimony. The women work and make good money, so for divorce they basically split up the marital assets. Child support is to support your children so that doesn't count.
Thats great if it happens like that. I dont want to go through the hassle of hyperlinking anything but multiple studies show that women are 97% of all alimony recipients despite the fact that 40% of women are primary breadwinners in their households.

Again this and no fault divorce laws actually envourage divorce. And it also likely is part of the reason so many women push for marriage to begin with.

Its not that "women are all evil." Its that people are $hitty and the legal system encourages $hitty behavior through monetary incentives.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:46 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,023,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post

Its not that "women are all evil." Its that people are $hitty and the legal system encourages $hitty behavior through monetary incentives.
I can understand that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Your post got me thinking of a famous men who never married. First one that came to mind for me was Issac Newton! But there are many others too. The Wright brothers never married and neither did Beethoven. I sometimes wonder if the lack of distraction of wife and family is what helped lead them to greatness. It's not a path for everyone, but it worked for them and perhaps humanity in general because of their accomplishments.
Exactly. Being married with kids takes up A LOT of time (and money).

I work in a demanding career field while saving a ton of money. In my free time, I analyze stock technicals and I'm learning how to flip houses.

My friends that are married with kids or out chasing women constantly are in debt with little free time.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

This is changing, but even up to 5-10 years ago, it was likely true. Lifetime alimony used to be very common and has only recently been disappearing in many states. Further, women are now in many careers that used to dominate men (such as medicine).

IRL, I know female doctors that were devastated in divorce.

But, again, this is a fairly recent change.

This is why my primary dating strategy (when I start dating again) will be to target women in high income careers that are stable with a high barrier to entry. This is primarily to decrease the likelihood that I'll get burned in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships