Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 02:14 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Like "nice guy," I suspect "strong woman" is code for something else. If you have to tell other people that's what you are, that's not good. It should be a given, it should be evident, and it shouldn't be a person's main selling point. Nobody says, "I'm a weak woman."
Great point like advertising " I'm an independent woman " kinda thing......

I agree completely with this people will KNOW which you are without having to being repeatedly told
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 02:52 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Great point like advertising " I'm an independent woman " kinda thing......

I agree completely with this people will KNOW which you are without having to being repeatedly told

And the popular "I'm CLASSSSS-YYYYYY!!!! And you better treat me that way. These plumped lips and lucite heels are top of the line!"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-28-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And the popular "I'm CLASSSSS-YYYYYY!!!! And you better treat me that way. These plumped lips and lucite heels are top of the line!"
Hahaha...... love it!

Reminds me years ago I was on the make with one I just met and a fella ( poor bloke ) accidentally trod on her toe......, she's gone mental! " you dumb #^*€€ and you're a %^>^!!! "..... And so on.... For about 5 minutes.... I'm in construction and not heard language like that!

After that died down we were still in conference ( flirting ) and she says " I'm very ladylike and liked to be wooed... "....... I spilt half my drink on her from laughing so much!!! 😂😂😂😂

Old 06-28-2016, 04:36 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hahaha...... love it!

Reminds me years ago I was on the make with one I just met and a fella ( poor bloke ) accidentally trod on her toe......, she's gone mental! " you dumb #^*€€ and you're a %^>^!!! "..... And so on.... For about 5 minutes.... I'm in construction and not heard language like that!

After that died down we were still in conference ( flirting ) and she says " I'm very ladylike and liked to be wooed... "....... I spilt half my drink on her from laughing so much!!! 😂😂😂😂
Yes - their true colors come out sooner or later...usually sooner!

Old 06-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes - their true colors come out sooner or later...usually sooner!
Yeah I must admit reneeh I'm glad I found out that soon..... She had a right temper!! ....... Rather him than me on the recieving end! LOL

Old 06-29-2016, 12:42 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Hearing loss?

Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
When I say that singles are single for good reason, I am not just viewing my dating stories as the only source. I am forming that opinion from all my single friends, coworkers and aquintances, that have been single for years, married and divorced multiple times, etc. I even talked to my ex husband about this issue last year. He has the same findings. We have been separated over a decade and neither of us have remarried.

My most recent ex and I had a conversation last week, regarding what we each get out of being in a relationship. He has way more to offer than I do, because my resources are already stretched thin. He literally said he has no problems doing work for me, buying my kids stuff and paying for things for me. I asked what he gets out of being so giving and he actually said sex. So yes he basically did say I was like a prostitute. An expensive one, but yup, a prostitute.

He can take his money and go away also. Seriously, they do not get to mid 30's unmarried by being normal, mentally healthy men.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post

He can take his money and go away also. Seriously, they do not get to mid 30's unmarried by being normal, mentally healthy men.
I was 31 before I met my wife...33 when I married. You may or may not consider my level of normalcy, but we have been married over 16 years now and are stronger now than we have ever been.

They are out there. You just have to look in the right places AND with the right mindset. So far, the results should show you that this is not been the case.

Time to change up and find a new approach, attitude and outlook. You can't go out there hoping to find a provider and then get upset when he spells out specifically what your relationship is. He says he wants to care for you, monetarily and otherwise. In exchange, he wants sex (actually, he wants an emotional attachment too, but you left that part out). You may think of it as prostitution, but frankly, considering what your goals are in a relationship, this is probably going to be an arrangement you attract, unless you change your approach.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post

Most mentally healthy, well educated, professional men I know waiting until early 30s (at the earliest) to ever get married. They were wise to do so. They finished their degrees and were established in their careers before marrying and having children.

It was the ones in their 20s who did that, that have had the problems.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:50 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most mentally healthy, well educated, professional men I know waiting until early 30s (at the earliest) to ever get married. They were wise to do so. They finished their degrees and were established in their careers before marrying and having children.

It was the ones in their 20s who did that, that have had the problems.
Yeah.... not getting what's wrong with men marrying in their 30s. If a guy gets to his late 40s/early 50s and claims he's always wanted to get married, but never found the right one, it might raise a flag for me, but that would still depend on what he was doing until the reached that age. Was he super into his career and didn't really feel like he had quality time to spend with a committed partner? Some guys did that when they were younger.

It really depends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships