Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 09:01 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,613,035 times

Advertisements

Fake thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 07:21 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Yes, like with IDDY and Upsadaisy, she finally went too far. New persona to come.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:35 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you spend time dating inappropriate guys, you will not find the one you are looking for.

Articles like that are subjective, we view the terms differently and that's just a list that one woman wanted. Doesn't mean all strong women want the exact same thing.
Bingo!

Some strong women just simply want to be a woman while they want the men in their lives to be a man, sans the BS (no one assertion of dominance over the other).

Old 06-25-2016, 10:21 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yes I really have kids. How does having kids prevent one from drinking? I do drink in front of my kids.
Going to those "family" bars?

My parents drank in front of me too...but they didn't talk about hitting the bars as though drinking was the main activity as you do when you want to get away from your guy...so you don't feel trapped. My point was - why does a man make you feel trapped when you've had kids for YEARS and you didn't let THEM limit you? Either you're not very motherly if they didn't limit your activities at all or...you're unwilling to make any concession to a man that you do for your kids.

If you're unwilling to concede anything at all for a guy then you have no business at all being in a relationship because you have nothing to offer and are not even willing to offer them anything. So go all out for your kids...but don't expect a guy to hang around for long...he'll sniff around for a bit but no p***y is that good and can easily be replaced by someone with less baggage.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I can dump the guy, but why would I need to stay offline and give up the bar?
Because that's the main sources you have for meeting up with guys, according to your past. If you can go to bars and have an online life without succumbing to the siren call of a man to do your chores, by all means!

Old 06-25-2016, 07:35 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:

I have often said men like the idea of me, but once they have me, they can't handle me.

Not much to talk about, but a good read about strong women.
I'm not sure "strong" means what you think it means. There are men who deem women they decide to stop dating as undesirable. Not "strong". You may need to look into that possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The article reads like pandering to me. Even though the author is a man, his target cliental are professional women. He is just reinforcing their self serving world view that men are intimidated by succesful women. I do not agree.
Agreed. There is a great market to make money in by telling women that it's always the man's fault. That's a dead end, because you're just not going to get a guy to change who he likes over that nonsense. Period.

My thought on "successful" women? If one of my ex-coworkers is any indication...time to stop living at the smoking pen and coming in hungover half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It's not that she is a hormonal teenager. It is that she has no roles models for stability in her life.
Any decent guy will see that from a mile away...and claim she is "too strong" for them. Just kidding--that's still means she's undesirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If you're unwilling to concede anything at all for a guy then you have no business at all being in a relationship because you have nothing to offer and are not even willing to offer them anything. So go all out for your kids...but don't expect a guy to hang around for long...he'll sniff around for a bit but no p***y is that good and can easily be replaced by someone with less baggage.
Especially the more desirable guys she feels she deserves (Why? I dunno.) are easily able to find a more desirable option.

OP is basically delusional like this woman.

F/31/5'8"/fit-thick(big boobs and ass)/pretty face/make good money

Seeking: 6'+, thick, hairy, funny, laid-back socially-but driven at work man-who will take me out to a fancy restaurant every now and then so I can wear a new dress and heels and drink wine with him, and will stay at home in comfies to watch netflix. Will work out with me at the gym 5 days a week and will also eat any dessert I make on the weekend with me. Loves my confidence and kick ass career, but is not made insecure by it. Secure in himself so I can submit because I know he's the boss and I respect the hell out of who he is. MAJOR plus if he likes Sci-fi like I do so we have similar interests. Also: softball, beer, reading, being outside, getting/giving massages, New Girl, traveling.

Men like this, where are you? What do you like in a woman? How can I attract you or find you in a crowd of men?

I've been told I'm intimidating. No idea what that means in this sense or how to translate it when looking for this man I can climb like a tree and am drooling just thinking about.

Keep in mind that "fit-thick" = 210lbs and she also thinks a guy who makes more money than her (that's what she will desire) will care about her income. Never mind that this kind of fellow doesn't have to date a woman who needs to be babysat at the gym.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:08 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Because that's the main sources you have for meeting up with guys, according to your past. If you can go to bars and have an online life without succumbing to the siren call of a man to do your chores, by all means!
I have never met a man in a bar. I go for the drinks and socializing. I also get exhausted by having an online profile for more than a few hours and the candidates are not great options anyway so what is the point to online dating?

I had hopes of being happily married and sharing my life with someone but the possibility of that is looking bleak.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:23 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Needy guy went off last night because of things I do not do...

1- Text him good morning and have a good day, first thing on the morning. Shouldn't the men be the ones to initiate communication? I have no interest being the man.

2- He wants me to dress up in sexy clothes, wear make up etc. I forget what nonsense be said, but my response was love me the way I am, or be gone. I am happy with me the way I dress.

3- Anytime I get on my phone he thinks I am talking to another man. He was wrestling me for my phone so he could search it. I ended up hitting his face in the struggle and now he is whining his eye hurts.

Yup needy, insecure men have no business dating. Go get happy with yourself before you attempt to be happy with someone else.

The good thing is I know what I won't put up with and I am emotionally healthy enough to eject them from my life.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
I have never met a man in a bar. I go for the drinks and socializing. I also get exhausted by having an online profile for more than a few hours and the candidates are not great options anyway so what is the point to online dating?

I had hopes of being happily married and sharing my life with someone but the possibility of that is looking bleak.
Please...cut the semantics...here is your last "go" at online dating...you do this a couple times a year while protesting madly to cd-ers so please don't be so disingenuous (obtuse...dumb...you pick) now when it is predicted that you'll fall back to it:

The problem with online dating...

Old 06-27-2016, 05:40 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
Needy guy went off last night because of things I do not do...

1- Text him good morning and have a good day, first thing on the morning. Shouldn't the men be the ones to initiate communication? I have no interest being the man.

2- He wants me to dress up in sexy clothes, wear make up etc. I forget what nonsense be said, but my response was love me the way I am, or be gone. I am happy with me the way I dress.

3- Anytime I get on my phone he thinks I am talking to another man. He was wrestling me for my phone so he could search it. I ended up hitting his face in the struggle and now he is whining his eye hurts.

Yup needy, insecure men have no business dating. Go get happy with yourself before you attempt to be happy with someone else.

The good thing is I know what I won't put up with and I am emotionally healthy enough to eject them from my life.
You're one funny lady. Bravo! Lol

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships