Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 01:57 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
True .. not all strong women want the same things or act the same way. The article also does not clearly explain how they are defining strong. You can be strong in different ways ex passive or more aggressive, calm collect and firm or more outspoken and eccentric.
These "articles" are like horoscopes. They are written so generically that anyone who reads it thinks it totally applies to them! Everything mentioned was a positive aspect carefully worded so as to not be too extreme for anyone. That's kinda how all "women's articles" are done. Garbage...I don't need an article to know what I want...I can dream and fantasize on my own without needing to read this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 01:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
My first wife was a passive dependent. After we divorced I swore I'd never again have a relationship with one. I wanted an independent, strong, participating partner. Thankfully, that's who I've been married to for the past 20 years.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am probably not good with the compromise part. I tend to just barrel through doing my own thing. I always wanted the guy that fits into my life, not one that I have to turn my life upside down to accommodate.

One of the things I got onto my bf about last night, is that I no longer feel like I have freedom. I can't just stop into the bar on my way home from work for a drink without having to answer to him. I am use to being a free spirit that just does what I want, when I want. I was like that as a teenager also. My mom would call me, asking when I would be home, and sometimes I was at a beach 8-10 hours away. She never knew where I would turn up. I need freedom.

Really? I would have thought that by being a mom THAT would have impacted your being able to drink whenever you want!....do you really have kids?

Old 06-24-2016, 02:10 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
The article reads like pandering to me. Even though the author is a man, his target cliental are professional women. He is just reinforcing their self serving world view that men are intimidated by succesful women. I do not agree.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
That may be your online impression but nothing how I am in real life. I am always doing for others, crying because other people are going through issues, straightforward and honest. I have no problems admitting my flaws. I just don't want to change. If anything people are generally using me, and when I need something, no one is there to help.

I actually discussed this with my therapist and he disagreed with this common C-D diagnosis. He also finds nothing wrong with my self esteem.

Co-dependency and people pleasing? Totally agree are issues. I don't know the word no.
If you talk to your therapist the way you describe your life here you're lucky he doesn't want to smack some sense into you and then kick you out the door every week. I'd say that you have a pretty easy time manipulating your therapist and entertaining yourself, as you do on C-D. What a waste of money - I guess you must have good insurance, otherwise you'd get down to business. BTW, you pretty much HAVE to have some diagnosis to get insurance to pay...if you're not a narcissist, and have no self-esteem issues what does he put down?

Old 06-24-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I am really happy with myself right now. I would with or without a man. Maybe a little happier Without a man.
Hahah - then dump the guy and stay offline and out of the bars for a few months....I dare ya! Double dog dare ya!

Old 06-24-2016, 02:28 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I just cannot win. I said something nice about women and you're still looking to argue with me. What did I say that was so wrong?! Explain! Actually don't, I'll just block you.
Block freely, that is what I have done for many people too, that is blessing of CD

Old 06-24-2016, 02:34 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
These "articles" are like horoscopes. They are written so generically that anyone who reads it thinks it totally applies to them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The article reads like pandering to me. Even though the author is a man, his target cliental are professional women. He is just reinforcing their self serving world view that men are intimidated by succesful women. I do not agree.
Seriously!

Some blogger puts it on the internet and the gullible see it as gospel truth.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:28 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Seriously!

Some blogger puts it on the internet and the gullible see it as gospel truth.
If it's on the internet it's true!

Old 06-24-2016, 03:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,327 times
I don't need the man to be the sole provider,but the leader in the relationship,or traditionally masculine.

Quote:
I am not career driven either. I want my man to be the provider. I may have him working 80 hours a week to provide my every whim... But I want a manly man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships