Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 09:15 PM

594 posts, read 380,049 times

Advertisements

Here's kind of a beef I have with Tinder and OLD in general. So, I swap a few messages with the female, things seem good, then I ask them on a date. They say "I want to get to know you a little better first." So we swap dozens more messages and then I want to ghost her because I'm like "ok, is that enough now, can we going on a friggin date already?" But by then I don't even want to see them because they exhausted me with frivolous messages and conversation that we could have been having over sushi and beers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 09:44 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Here's kind of a beef I have with Tinder and OLD in general. So, I swap a few messages with the female, things seem good, then I ask them on a date. They say "I want to get to know you a little better first." So we swap dozens more messages and then I want to ghost her because I'm like "ok, is that enough now, can we going on a friggin date already?" But by then I don't even want to see them because they exhausted me with frivolous messages and conversation that we could have been having over sushi and beers.
Mght be the type of women you're messaging. Are they usually older women?

I always message women between the ages of 18-27, and have never encountered this issue. If I did, I'd probably move on.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:56 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
To your first part, very good point. However, let's be real the fact of the matter is there's more men on tinder looking to hook-up than women. Whether it's Ockupid, Tinder, whatever, women will always have more notifications than men. No man on Tinder says in their bio "not here for hook-ups" (which is the dumbest thing ever. How do women go to a hook-up app not looking to hook-up. I digress). Women are the pursued they are always going to have more evidence of men trying to get at them both on/offline. Men are always going to try to get what they can
Not true. I've seen several men write in their profiles that they weren't looking for hookups. Just because some are there for that purpose doesn't mean everyone is. From a woman's perspective, why would being presented with a few photos and maybe a few words make you more likely to want to hook up with someone than on a real dating site where you'd have more information about the guy? Most men aren't so visually appealing that women think "Damn, I want to hit that!" just by looking at their photos.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:32 AM

231 posts, read 226,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
To your first part, very good point. However, let's be real the fact of the matter is there's more men on tinder looking to hook-up than women. Whether it's Ockupid, Tinder, whatever, women will always have more notifications than men. No man on Tinder says in their bio "not here for hook-ups" (which is the dumbest thing ever. How do women go to a hook-up app not looking to hook-up. I digress). Women are the pursued they are always going to have more evidence of men trying to get at them both on/offline. Men are always going to try to get what they can

To your second part, again, men are more eager to screw something random than women. Here's the aspect you're missing like most women do, to men, p*ssy is p*ssy. The average guy will sleep with a girl who isn't even hot for the sake of just getting some. Without regard of if there's chemistry, her personality, etc. Women aren't like this. Women need a guy that intrigues them, is chivalrous, etc. For guys, if you are decent-looking and are consenting, you don't have to do anything else. It doesn't matter if you're rude, if you'e unemployed, whatever it is that women look for in a man to sleep with them, as long as you're consenting and not hideous, you'll get a man willing to try.

So by swiping right on EVERYTHING what you're doing is finding who likes you back and THEN you decide one of 3 things "she's not hot, but I could still do it. She is hot, definitely I'll try my chances! She's not attractive at all, UNFRIEND!". I've been with friends where they swipe right on every girl and then after a few minutes they get a match and they'll ask "she's not cute but I'd at least try to get or*l from her"

Think of it this way. Imagine if I as an employer wanted to hire new recruits. An easier way to find good ones instead of waiting is for me to host a job fair and invite all random people willing to go, and then from THERE out of the whole group decide "good, no, bad, good, maybe, ehh, definitely". That is what swiping right on everything is.

God, men are so desperate. You get a glimpse into the male mind and it's straight up depressing.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:15 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,220,909 times
I have matched with nearly a couple hundred men on Tinder. Only a few actually write. An even a smaller amount stay in any kind of regular communication, but then they fall off eventually without any attempts to try to meet.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
God, men are so desperate. You get a glimpse into the male mind and it's straight up depressing.
Oh, I agree but it's not really surprising.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
I'm super confused, so please enlighten me.

As a female, I don't swipe right on many men, only on ones I would actually be interested in talking to for potential dating purposes. This would seem like sort of a Duh thing, because why else would one swipe right? But apparently, that's not the case for guys.

This past week, I matched with 8 guys. One I matched with the last time I was on a year ago (he never spoke to me then, and this time, he closed the match within a few hours without speaking as well). I do prefer that the man take the lead and message first, but after a day or so with no messages, I decided to go ahead and message 4 of the remaining 7. (I didn't message all of them because I anticipated actually talking to some of them, and I don't like talking to more than 2 at a time.) Two of them didn't reply at all, one replied once, then I replied back, and then he closed out the match. The last remaining guy and I sent a couple of messages back and forth about how we knew our one mutual friend, and then he dropped off of communication.

What exactly is the point of swiping right on someone if you don't actually intend on talking to someone? Is it just a numbers game to see how many girls think you're cute? Do you not really want to date, but are passing time in boredom? WHAT IS IT?!?
the answer to this isn't terribly complicated, you just have to learn to step back and look at it from a man's perspective.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
nah, it's not depressing when you get used to it. this is just how things are for men. online dating is a numbers game.

the male side of dating is a bit like job-hunting. sometimes you apply for jobs you don't want as a backup.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
You know in the spirit of this thread I went to my Tinder and swiped right on everyone and I actually got a legitimate match for the first time ever. Don't know if I'll actually message but swiping on just girls I liked wasn't cutting it.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:18 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
We are batting off a different side of the plate than women so we have to change our approach.

Do you have a man? Don't know why you would if you think men are so depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships