Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 12:37 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Regardless of whether it was intended to be a Grindr spinoff, it was never going to be like Grindr because women don't act like men on Grindr.
Lots don't, plenty do. Especially more so as 20 somethings if my young co-workers in the tech field are any indication.

They're certainly not as crass about it though, sure. Which is where so many dudes are clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
The thing that shocks us women is that we find it hard to believe that men don't know how inappropriate, creepy, and downright scary their behavior is when it comes to women and sex. A lot of men feel entitled and feel it is ok to solicit women for sex like it's no big deal. It is unwelcomed most of the time.
Sounds like a lot of women are dealing with the wrong men. Not all of us are sex crazed douchebags.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:56 PM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
Quote:
I read a great article about this where the female author basically says men need to stop saying this to women because not all women on Tinder are looking for sex. That Tinder is for whatever people want to use it for.
That's what the creators of Tinder said: It's basically what you want to make of it.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
No man on Tinder says in their bio "not here for hook-ups" (which is the dumbest thing ever. How do women go to a hook-up app not looking to hook-up. I digress).
Um, mine does. Actually it says: "Not here for hookups. For serious. I know, right?" Not that women put a priority on such things. Personally, I don't have any STIs or unwanted children and I don't want either. At 39, I'm way past the point or prioritizing getting off above finding a clean, trustworthy girlfriend/possible future wife to get off with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
God, men are so desperate. You get a glimpse into the male mind and it's straight up depressing.
I think male (moreover, peoples') minds are efficient, not depressing. I don't think you understand how hard it is to get a match on Tinder. It's a waste-of-time way to meet women because it so rarely works... so we don't waste our time on it. If the roles were reversed, and women got only 0.6% matches on average, I'd put money on a lot of women would be doing the same... at least the ones who really wanted to meet new people...

Personally, I don't mass right swipe anymore because the limit is way too low to make it worthwhile now. I'd say I swipe maybe 50% - 60% of profiles, and it's not just based on looks (I'm pretty open minded being hideous myself). I've passed on plenty of women I've found quite attractive because they're LDS, single moms, sound too conservative/"country" for me, or just sound outright insufferable in their respective profiles... oh yeah, and the "must be over 6' tall" women too. Still, I right swipe hundreds and get zero matches.

Last edited by Mr_Polymath; 09-13-2016 at 01:30 PM..

Old 09-13-2016, 02:09 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Sounds like a lot of women are dealing with the wrong men. Not all of us are sex crazed douchebags.
I personally don't "deal" with these men. They send me these messages (outside of Tinder). But this is why I really love Tinder. Only men I want to talk to can message me, and if those men write me about sex too (and they do), I unmatch with them.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:15 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Regardless of whether it was intended to be a Grindr spinoff, it was never going to be like Grindr because women don't act like men on Grindr.
EXACTLY. THIS. RIGHT. HERE!!!

If the creators initially thought it would be a Grindr for hetero people, they were mistaken. Straight women don't behave or have sex like gay men and are more often looking for serious relationships.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:

If the creators initially thought it would be a Grindr for hetero people, they were mistaken. Women don't have sex like gay men.
That's a (kinda offensive) broad-brush statement about straight woman and homosexual men.

People are individuals. Leave them to make their own choices.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:24 PM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
I personally don't "deal" with these men. They send me these messages (outside of Tinder). But this is why I really love Tinder. Only men I want to talk to can message me, and if those men write me about sex too (and they do), I unmatch with them.
I wish I lived in Atlanta. I'd totally swipe right on you. Actually, I'd swipe up for Super Like.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:30 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:

If the creators initially thought it would be a Grindr for hetero people, they were mistaken. Straight women don't behave or have sex like gay men and are more often looking for serious relationships.
Please quit speaking for straight women, you can look uptight and judgy all alone, please
How do you know what's going on over at Grindr....

Old 09-13-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
I wish I lived in Atlanta. I'd totally swipe right on you. Actually, I'd swipe up for Super Like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
I use tinder for sexy time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships