Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGi87 View Post
Actually approach is also a vague concept.

?

time in the hope of achieving god knows what or become a dancing monkey spouting unfunny jokes one after because someone else on the internet told him that women like men who make them laugh (hint- women laugh at men they already like, not vice versa).
?
So you're saying it's wheter or not she finds him physically attractive which I agree with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 11:37 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
"A Female Grizzly would never choose a weak Male that was scared to fight for her" now why can't we human males be like Grizzly Bears?

Old 12-20-2016, 06:57 AM

578 posts, read 458,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
"A Female Grizzly would never choose a weak Male that was scared to fight for her" now why can't we human males be like Grizzly Bears?
why can't she fight for him?

It goes both ways..

Old 12-20-2016, 07:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
From Urban Dictionary:
To say nice shoes to a girl has nothing to do with what's on their feet, but what's inside their bra. Nice shoes in other words means "nice breasts".
I've never heard this one!

Old 12-20-2016, 07:19 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

While women do approach, it is still expected that the men be the go getter so to speak. And for men that do get approached by women (the top 20%...whatever ), it could have a crippling effect because the man may come to expect that and then if for some reason that stops... he'd really have to adjust.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-20-2016 at 08:12 AM..

Old 12-20-2016, 07:20 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
why can't she fight for him?

It goes both ways..
I probably wouldn't want my woman fighting for me. I'd be a little too protective for that.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:31 AM

651 posts, read 408,135 times
I have approached a few more girls recently and the result is always the same - they all have someone. It is amazing how few good looking single women there are. Yet there are seem to be so many single men that are really attractive, taking care of themselves, work out, have good jobs... I just don't get it.

I suppose one theory why women don't approach men is because they don't really have to. Unless they are significantly overweight and/or unattractive. In which case they wouldn't approach anyone either due to lack of confidence.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
I have approached a few more girls recently and the result is always the same - they all have someone. It is amazing how few good looking single women there are. Yet there are seem to be so many single men that are really attractive, taking care of themselves, work out, have good jobs... I just don't get it.
Could be a few things. One is location. All locations play a part. What works for one person, will be another person Kryptonite. Depending on where they are, and how well that works for what they're looking for.

Probably also case of bias. You aren't interested in men. So for what you see as attractive in your own gender may not be overall impressive to other who are interested and looking in that group -and dependingon what counts for attractive with them. Thus, standards for the group / sex you're looking to date in will be higher.

Example, I am the opposite to you. I am a woman who sees more attractive, and decently-dressed, women. The men are the ones who look sloppy and unimpressive.

Lots of very cute girls with less than well put-together guys.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-20-2016 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Fashion images deleted. Please save this for the F&B forum.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:20 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Rejection does not have to feel bad

and this could be the problem. Don't try to be clever when meeting someone. That could really add to the sting of rejection (No matter what the rejecting person says). The more pressure you put on yourself, the more rejection may hurt.

That's probably a big part of the problem some people have. They build it up in their heads so much that it's devastating when they get turned down (politely, even.)

Real rejection is someone you've been dating for a while saying that they're not sure that they ever really loved you. A stranger not wanting to get a drink with you sometime? That's no big loss.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's probably a big part of the problem some people have. They build it up in their heads so much that it's devastating when they get turned down (politely, even.)

Real rejection is someone you've been dating for a while saying that they're not sure that they ever really loved you. A stranger not wanting to get a drink with you sometime? That's no big loss.
Totally, getting dumped after even just a few months is a blow. These people know you, and they're rejecting you.

They don't know me? I can always say "their loss" and move on easily enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships