Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
^^^^^All I know is us Southern men love our Southern women! Like this one!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're so sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You're so sweet!
Actually I'm annoyed with you young lady! Went to sunny Florida and left the Captain up here in the snow!!!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Actually I'm annoyed with you young lady! Went to sunny Florida and left the Captain up here in the snow!!!!!
If its any consolation, its pretty chilly here......trust me, I really didnt want to leave Missouri, even with the snow!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:47 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If its any consolation, its pretty chilly here......trust me, I really didnt want to leave Missouri, even with the snow!
Got to go where the design jobs are. Right?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Got to go where the design jobs are. Right?
You got it!
On a lighter note, I am going back to Mo in May, yay!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM

627 posts, read 1,296,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
us po folk in sakerlina sho be thankful for dem BIGGO books wit dem BIGGO lettas you folk be bringing down from de BIGGO city. lawknows we just poppin out churn.. an de buckra dey be rile up over dem books, ain't like you. Buckra see dem biggo book an drop sleep.
ROTFLMAO!!!

Sho'nuf!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:34 PM

4 posts, read 10,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
Southern men still open the car door for a woman.
Wanna bet?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 PM

4 posts, read 10,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Southern men say "y'all" .. Northern men say "you's guys"
So, and?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmccaa View Post
So, and?
Mislaid your sense of humor, huh?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,542 times
One thing people should know is that there are different kinds of southern people. There are good (more like great) people down here, but many people seem to think that rednecks are all we are. Only when you take the time to look at the difference do you notice the divide. Still there are different groups of people in nearly all areas. Not everyone dips or gets drunk every friday night. Most people like a glass of cool, sweet tea just as well as a beer. A southern gentleman can wear a hat but he knows when to take it off. As for rednecks- well lets just say they aren't quite as charming.

One thing that seperates people down here is the family orientation. Lots of farming families reside in the South, this said those families stick together. Some towns will have the Bennents, the Gravits, the Browns, and people who just moved here. The real way to climb the social ladder is through having a good family. While it is still important to have great manners and a polish that comes from growing up here, family ties can give a head start. For example, when you are looking for your first job you tend to go to places where you have family friends- the grocery store Mom always shopped at, the greenhouse your cousin owns, a vets office that a church friend owns... yeah, it's who you know.

Any way, you just have to remimber that everyone is different, and the only way to know what someone is going through is by talking to them. Or the church social next week.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships