Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 04:43 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I met a southern woman up here in NYC and exchanged contacts with her. She lived most of her life in the South, but when she graduated college she moved up north like many of her other millennial, suburban highly academic cohort. We spoke about differences between North and South in terms of dating. She admitted that the South would be benefical for me plenty of beautiful women who are family oriented and looking to settle down. I asked her why did she leave the South? It was for career but also she wanted to be with somebody. She was on the big side, and in the South according to her men are very shallow when it comes to looks or even body size. She had a hard time dating down there. When she came up North, she had been with more men up here in a month than she had been with men in her entire life in the South. The only boyfriends she had were black men in the South, but up here in NYC she found a boyfriend who is white and educated Ivy leaguer from New England. Also men up here are on the more intellectual side than men in the South she explains. I wanted to tell her that men up here who date plus size women cheat a lot on them.
Wow.... I don't know where to start but this post really takes the cake in terms of offensive. Between the very obvious assumption that she upgraded going from dating black men to catching a white one up North to the fact that she will be cheated on because she is overweight. With that kind of attitude I think her love life is probably the least of your worries. Oh and Bless your heart....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:41 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Wow.... I don't know where to start but this post really takes the cake in terms of offensive. Between the very obvious assumption that she upgraded going from dating black men to catching a white one up North to the fact that she will be cheated on because she is overweight. With that kind of attitude I think her love life is probably the least of your worries. Oh and Bless your heart....
One of the best advice I given to women in the northeast corridor. Is that if you are Looking for a husband. The northeast is not the place due to a lack of men that have it all. The south seems to be better for marriage minded men. Northeast men are not marriage minded, and if the man is marriage minded, do the women find him attractive? Generally attraction is a huge deal breaker for most northeast women who try real hard to put themselves together. Those southern men, both black and white, don't mind being with a porky. Another thing is this. Northeast women move down south Zooey have to think differently. They are not on nyc or DC anymore. They have to accept the man for he is, and like wise for the man. A well to do man in the northeast may not be to fond of being in a relationship with a single mom, but in the Christian South, men are more forgiving and accepting of such. Again i live in NYC. Desirable men are at a premium with women, and some of these men are shared with my women aka cheating. Women have no choice because the man value is worth his weight in gold. Not my fault of being pc. Blame your new commander and chief.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:27 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,596 times
Quote:
One of the best advice I given to women in the northeast corridor. Is that if you are Looking for a husband. The northeast is not the place due to a lack of men that have it all. The south seems to be better for marriage minded men. Northeast men are not marriage minded, and if the man is marriage minded, do the women find him attractive? Generally attraction is a huge deal breaker for most northeast women who try real hard to put themselves together. Those southern men, both black and white, don't mind being with a porky. Another thing is this. Northeast women move down south Zooey have to think differently. They are not on nyc or DC anymore. They have to accept the man for he is, and like wise for the man. A well to do man in the northeast may not be to fond of being in a relationship with a single mom, but in the Christian South, men are more forgiving and accepting of such. Again i live in NYC. Desirable men are at a premium with women, and some of these men are shared with my women aka cheating. Women have no choice because the man value is worth his weight in gold. Not my fault of being pc. Blame your new commander and chief.
I thought maybe you were going to explain yourself, but no.
I apologize if English isn't your first language but this makes no sense.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:33 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Their accents.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
Yup, the entire northeast. From Midtown Manhattan to Caribou, Maine, the men are all alike. Same ****, different zip code.

/sarcasm

Old 01-27-2017, 08:56 AM

626 posts, read 626,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
OH is THAT why all these northerners move to Cary, NC and pull for Dook?
There are alot of us homegrown North Carolinians that pull for Duke as well. Almost my entire family are Duke fans except for my brother and a 2nd cousin. My has lived in NC since before the USA was a country so try again.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
Southeastern say Yall

Northeastern say Uns

and Western says Bro/Dude with a joint hanging out of their mouth

Old 01-29-2017, 06:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Accents and demeaner.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:49 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Longitude? No, latitude I can never keep those straight

Old 01-30-2017, 07:58 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,457,841 times
I can only speak for South Florida..

My friends and I joke that "we live in the land of the smalls" (compared to up north.. the men on average are much smaller in stature here...When I go home/up north to visit.. the difference is extreme.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships