Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times

Advertisements

As far and the northeast and southeast, yes, there is a general difference. It will vary more at the individual level.

I know a girl who moved to Ithaca, New York for her residency as a doctor, along with her husband. She became pregnant during her residency.

Near the end of her pregnancy, she went to an appointment with her obstetrician, and all the chairs in the waiting room were occupied. Half the people sitting were men. Everyone looked at her, but NONE of the men offered her a seat, in spite of the fact that she was heavily pregnant.

She had to stand and wait at almost nine months pregnant, while enduring sciatica and swelling, which made it very painful to stand.

It is extremely unlikely that this scenario would happen in the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 06:43 PM

424 posts, read 236,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Wow.... I don't know where to start but this post really takes the cake in terms of offensive. Between the very obvious assumption that she upgraded going from dating black men to catching a white one up North to the fact that she will be cheated on because she is overweight. With that kind of attitude I think her love life is probably the least of your worries. Oh and Bless your heart....
He's right though. I'm from NYC. I'm reasonably attractive. I'm not proud of this, but, in my younger years, I would get into relationships with anyone (usually larger women) just to have someone around. Then I would hit the clubs and cheat on them with hot women.

There is A LOT of opportunity for a decent looking guy in New York.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:46 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern men and northern men?
Discuss
Sure there is

One is born in the north

And the other is born in the south

Ba dum tss!

Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
No my preference is Californians. Not north nor south.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I thought maybe you were going to explain yourself, but no.
I apologize if English isn't your first language but this makes no sense.
Of course it is, and stop being a Grammar-Nazi. I was typing that post from a smartphone. So please with an cherry on top. Forgive me for my typos. Like I said before. If I was a woman and living in the northeast and looking for marriage and can't find anything by 35. You better believe I'm going down south to find a husband. A good example is this youtube video of a DC professional woman who can't find love. In one of her videos, she talks about married men hitting on her in DC. Here in NYC for example. I know men on the professional scene, very good looking and are from some part of America and moved here. Back home, these guys never got any women, but now moved to nyc and obtain plenty of women. Once this happens these men won't be able to commit. On the flip side, when I go to visit middle America, mainly white America, it's so easy to meet women for me. I already know two women who moved out of NYC and are now married. One is a single mother with two kids, and another is a chubby woman. With these men the women, had thier would be a relationship that did not go no where if they remained in NYC.

https://youtu.be/dbHSECJwIPA

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 02-03-2017 at 03:19 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 03:57 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
watch the video in my link

Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
I grew up in the South and I love southern gentleman. But I am dating a yankee and he has lots of good qualities but his bad ones are bad. So I will probably leave him. I used to date a man from New Jersey and that was a huge mistake! And I told myself then that I wouldn't ever date another yankee. But here I am in a relationship with a man from Chicago Illinois. Drama city! Will I ever learn?

Old 08-17-2017, 11:46 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Of course it is, and stop being a Grammar-Nazi. I was typing that post from a smartphone. So please with an cherry on top. Forgive me for my typos. Like I said before. If I was a woman and living in the northeast and looking for marriage and can't find anything by 35. You better believe I'm going down south to find a husband. A good example is this youtube video of a DC professional woman who can't find love. In one of her videos, she talks about married men hitting on her in DC. Here in NYC for example. I know men on the professional scene, very good looking and are from some part of America and moved here. Back home, these guys never got any women, but now moved to nyc and obtain plenty of women. Once this happens these men won't be able to commit. On the flip side, when I go to visit middle America, mainly white America, it's so easy to meet women for me. I already know two women who moved out of NYC and are now married. One is a single mother with two kids, and another is a chubby woman. With these men the women, had thier would be a relationship that did not go no where if they remained in NYC.

https://youtu.be/dbHSECJwIPA
The whole "northeast women can't find a man" phenom has been debunked this myth was propped up by shows like Sex and the City and so on where the women were serial daters that were always looking for the better deal. The surveys show it's not that there isn't any any men for them it's that they're extremely picky.

If you're used to getting a touchdown by only having to go 30 yards instead of a 100 then sure you're not going to like it if you move and the goal posts aren't favoring you anymore.

The Bos-Wash corridor is more of an even playing field whereas many parts of the country are sausagefests once you get over 35.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM

358 posts, read 208,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The whole "northeast women can't find a man" phenom has been debunked this myth was propped up by shows like Sex and the City and so on where the women were serial daters that were always looking for the better deal. The surveys show it's not that there isn't any any men for them it's that they're extremely picky.

If you're used to getting a touchdown by only having to go 30 yards instead of a 100 then sure you're not going to like it if you move and the goal posts aren't favoring you anymore.

However you're correct the Bos-Wash corridor is probably the best area in the country for dating as a man OLD and RL both.
I don't know about Sex in The Toilet type shows, but good men are harder to find for all women. The reason for this is simple. Women want to pair up with their equals or men of higher social/economic status but with college degrees going to 60%+women there is shortage of men with higher education degrees and white collar jobs. These women do not consider guys who earn less or have no higher education as potential candidates, they treat them as if they didn't exist. Additionally, because of biased family court system and judicial system that heavily favors women, many men choose to go their own way and I cant say I blame them.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:00 PM

358 posts, read 208,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
As far and the northeast and southeast, yes, there is a general difference. It will vary more at the individual level.

I know a girl who moved to Ithaca, New York for her residency as a doctor, along with her husband. She became pregnant during her residency.

Near the end of her pregnancy, she went to an appointment with her obstetrician, and all the chairs in the waiting room were occupied. Half the people sitting were men. Everyone looked at her, but NONE of the men offered her a seat, in spite of the fact that she was heavily pregnant.

She had to stand and wait at almost nine months pregnant, while enduring sciatica and swelling, which made it very painful to stand.

It is extremely unlikely that this scenario would happen in the South.
I think I would have to agree. I guess northern men have evolved quicker in favor of equality for all. I have sciatica pain too, no one ever gives up the seat for me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships