Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 06:30 AM

24 posts, read 17,505 times

Advertisements

Thanks to everyone.. I knew it was too soon and yah, I'm an idiot who moved too fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 06:36 AM

251 posts, read 188,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
You are not unreasonable. If anyone should be angry it should be you. Almost any woman can basically do anything she wants, screw up her life, credit, no money, debt, etc, and STILL have someone pay her way. The deadbeat guys who are able to pull off the same with a woman supporting them? Those guys have some sort of superpower.

I'm trying to think of a positive thing to say about your girlfriend...

She cares about her kids?
We can? Where do I sign up? Stupid me, my husband dies and I'm left with a kid to support so why am I working everyday when I can get some sucker to support us? By the way, I'm also a cute little red head in case anyone is interested.

OP, you got yourself into this mess and it seems like your choices are to either break up with her now or give her some sort of ultimatum to get a job by a certain time or leave. She needs to know you're serious. I know it sounds mean but what happens to her and her kids is not really your responsibility.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:43 AM

34,094 posts, read 83,020,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol7 View Post
Anyway, I have 2 kids that I have on the weekends, and my girlfriend has 2 kids
She lives with me and her kids do as well ... I support us all on a single income.

I am fairly recently divorced.. I feel like I may have jumped into a relationship way too soon..
Just looking for any input or advice..
May have? Absolutely have.
Fix that. IMMEDIATELY.

Set her loose. Move on.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:45 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
What was she doing before you took over supporting them. They had to be living somewhere and eating some food somehow.
This is my question, also. I'm really curious what a non working single mom with 2 kids would've been doing to support them before this sucker came along and started paying for all of them. Where did they live? How was she affording it? How did she feed her kids? How did she pay her bills (electric, water, etc). I'm really curious what she did for money before she moved herself and her kids in.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:04 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
Cute little red head? Is the sex life good? Could be worth it.

Ultimately I wouldn't let issues with her not working get in the way if you can support the group. With that said, you can be straight with her regarding why you spoil your kids when they are with you. They are your biological kids. That doesn't mean don't care about her kids, but let her know that any savings for college, etc for them really falls on their biological parents.

This is all pretty basic stuff and sources of contention really. It sounds like she's younger and probably pretty cute. So have fun with it. Don't financially get mixed up with her in anyway. Realize this is all probably temporary as indicated by her maturity level.

So basically your paying for a good time. Enjoy while it lasts, but don't get financially mixed up with this girl more than volunteering to pay for things that you've communicated you'll pay for. Realize it's probably temporary.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:04 AM

24 posts, read 17,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
This is my question, also. I'm really curious what a non working single mom with 2 kids would've been doing to support them before this sucker came along and started paying for all of them. Where did they live? How was she affording it? How did she feed her kids? How did she pay her bills (electric, water, etc). I'm really curious what she did for money before she moved herself and her kids in.
She was living with her dad after she broke up with her ex.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:07 AM

602 posts, read 396,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol7 View Post
She was living with her dad after she broke up with her ex.
and this didn't raise any red flags to you?

Definitely sounds like you wanted to be Captain Save-a-H0. You made your bed. Deal with it.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Cute little red head? Is the sex life good? Could be worth it.

Ultimately I wouldn't let issues with her not working get in the way if you can support the group. With that said, you can be straight with her regarding why you spoil your kids when they are with you. They are your biological kids. That doesn't mean don't care about her kids, but let her know that any savings for college, etc for them really falls on their biological parents.

This is all pretty basic stuff and sources of contention really. It sounds like she's younger and probably pretty cute. So have fun with it. Don't financially get mixed up with her in anyway. Realize this is all probably temporary as indicated by her maturity level.

So basically your paying for a good time. Enjoy while it lasts, but don't get financially mixed up with this girl more than volunteering to pay for things that you've communicated you'll pay for. Realize it's probably temporary.
you can't just "have fun with it" when there are minor children involved and living with them. He isn't doing anyone any favors by prolonging this situation if he's not willing to deal with it long term.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:09 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
and this didn't raise any red flags to you?

Definitely sounds like you wanted to be Captain Save-a-H0. You made your bed. Deal with it.
Interesting critique regarding Captian Save-a-HO from "SelfRescuingPrincess".

Just an observation.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:12 AM

LOL, I'm not suggesting that he stay with her and continue to support her. I'm pointing out that it was pretty obvious from the start that this was a bad idea, and yet he continued. He doesn't get to be angry with her. "Deal with it" in my comment means he needs to figure out his next steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships